What Happened to the Oversized Alexas?

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
Hello All,

I noticed that Mulberry doesn't show the OS models on the website anymore. Was this size discontinued? I'm curious to hear those who have the OS size. Do you find it useful/practical? Or was it simply too large in design?

Would welcome the Mulberry experts as I am not anywhere close to a Mulberry bag--they are (sadly) a rare sighting here in Texas--at least from what I have seen. Thank you!

Hello All,

I noticed that Mulberry doesn't show the OS models on the website anymore. Was this size discontinued? I'm curious to hear those who have the OS size. Do you find it useful/practical? Or was it simply too large in design?

Would welcome the Mulberry experts as I am not anywhere close to a Mulberry bag--they are (sadly) a rare sighting here in Texas--at least from what I have seen. Thank you!
According to my SA, "they do not plan on carrying the OS Alexa for Autumn/Winter 2014 or Spring/Summer 2015."

I just recently got my pavement grey OS Alexa. I haven't used it yet because I need to spray it first & I just purchased the spray. It should be arriving this week. By the looks of it, I don't find it big at all. I'll let you know after I fill it!

According to my SA, "they do not plan on carrying the OS Alexa for Autumn/Winter 2014 or Spring/Summer 2015."

I just recently got my pavement grey OS Alexa. I haven't used it yet because I need to spray it first & I just purchased the spray. It should be arriving this week. By the looks of it, I don't find it big at all. I'll let you know after I fill it!

Would love to hear your thoughts on the OS Alexa once you receive it. From photos, it is larger but I don't feel it would be a ginormous bag (is that a word? It is in my house!). I would still see it as more of a day bag or even a great travel bag.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the OS Alexa once you receive it. From photos, it is larger but I don't feel it would be a ginormous bag (is that a word? It is in my house!). I would still see it as more of a day bag or even a great travel bag.

Will do! I will post modeling shots too! I agree with you a great day bag & travel bag!!!

I purchased an OS Alexa in pavement grey during the SS 2014 sale. I've used it as a work bag, day bag and travel bag. It is deceivingly roomy and I have been able to stuff a lot of items in it especially while traveling this summer. I have even shoved it underneath an airplane seat. The only negative thing I would note is the bag is not comfortable to carry with the crossbody strap when I fill up the bag. The strap is thin and digs into my shoulder. At times like these, I'd have to hand carry it. I also have a regular Alexa and I think having both bag sizes gives me more options. The calf leather has relaxed a bit but has held up well to my "abuse" ;)

I purchased an OS Alexa in pavement grey during the SS 2014 sale. I've used it as a work bag, day bag and travel bag. It is deceivingly roomy and I have been able to stuff a lot of items in it especially while traveling this summer. I have even shoved it underneath an airplane seat. The only negative thing I would note is the bag is not comfortable to carry with the crossbody strap when I fill up the bag. The strap is thin and digs into my shoulder. At times like these, I'd have to hand carry it. I also have a regular Alexa and I think having both bag sizes gives me more options. The calf leather has relaxed a bit but has held up well to my "abuse" ;)
Thank you for sharing. Can you post modeling shots?

Hello All,

I was thinking that this week, I've spoken to two SAs and the general gist is the OS is no more :sad: Apparently sales may not have been too great and to make way for newer bags...
a lot have been sent back after the sales so they should start filtering into outlets soonish, I have one on hold for me to look at this weekend!

I think it is a great bag. I use it as a work bag and can fit a lot in. It also takes a lot of abuses yet shows very little sign of wear.

+1! It's not a heavy bag and you can adjust the long shoulder strap by unbuckling it and threading it back on itself to make it an "under the arm" bag, rather than "next to the hip/leg". I find this useful as I'm only 5'5". I have the oak and it certainly doesn't look overly large on me, even with plenty inside. I like the fact that it's lighter than my Bays and has the shoulder strap option. I could certainly go shopping with this one, whereas I wouldn't even contemplate hauling the Bays around with me!

It's all a matter of personal preference: try one on, if possible, and see now you feel! :smile: