Accused of selling fake lv =(

Hi ladies,

I recently sold a louis vuitton multicolore speedy 30 on ebay. Sold it a few weeks ago and now the buyer sends me pictures of a fake louis vuitton bag which she claims to be the one that i sold her! Its a really bad knock off and i am really disgusted about it. I really dont know what to do as i dont have the receipt anymore to prove that its authentic. Its my first time selling such an expensive item on ebay. My friend told me that I probably shouldve got it authenticated at the louis vuitton shop and let them print off a receipt as proof that its authentic. I'm really upset about it because I know that its authentic =(

The buyer has already made a case about it on ebay/paypal.

Any advice on what to do ladies? Its really frustrating as i have a feeling that IF i would tell her to send the bag bag and refund her, she will probably send back the ugly knock off. Thats would really break my heart.

@hazeleyes25 how can i still authenticate the bag? Its with the buyer now so i cant take any pictures. And the bag that she claims that i sold her is NOT the bag that i sold her =(

I hope you have plenty of pictures of your bag, ebay listing will be helpful as well ( as long as you have many pictures there) If the pictures are enough to get it authenticate- do it. And keep all pictures buyer sends you, it should be easy to compare to your ones. Contact with the buyer only via ebay/paypal. It is a ebay case or paypal? I would call them as well if I were you.
Don't agree to send a bag - most likely you will receive fake one. Respond to ebay ( or paypal) case with all your pictures and explain situation.
P.S.Receipt proves nothing regardless authenticity

@hazeleyes25 how can i still authenticate the bag? Its with the buyer now so i cant take any pictures. And the bag that she claims that i sold her is NOT the bag that i sold her =(

Do you still have pics from your ebay listing?

If so, send those pics on to a third party authenticator

I don't think you can post on the AT since the auction is over
but its worth a try.. you never know

I'd also ask your buyer of pics of the bag she wants to return
(so you can compare)

Oh no!! I hope that you took plenty of pictures and put those pictures in your listing. That is the only way you can prove the bag she is showing a picture of is not the bag you sold her. Hopefully there are distinguishing marks to prove it. I feel for you as this buyer is a real piece of work and it looks like she knows how to scam the system.

This is exactly what I meant. Should have been more clear. I'm hoping that you still have photos for online authentication service. At any rate, sorry this happened to you and I wish you the best of luck in this ordeal.

I don't believe LV would've authenticated your bag, but you may be able to get another receipt from them. Not sure if that will help your case, however. If you took good photos of your bag, it should reveal differences between that bag and the the one your buyer is claiming was sent.

Hi ladies,

I recently sold a louis vuitton multicolore speedy 30 on ebay. Sold it a few weeks ago and now the buyer sends me pictures of a fake louis vuitton bag which she claims to be the one that i sold her! Its a really bad knock off and i am really disgusted about it. I really dont know what to do as i dont have the receipt anymore to prove that its authentic. Its my first time selling such an expensive item on ebay. My friend told me that I probably shouldve got it authenticated at the louis vuitton shop and let them print off a receipt as proof that its authentic. I'm really upset about it because I know that its authentic =(

The buyer has already made a case about it on ebay/paypal.

Any advice on what to do ladies? Its really frustrating as i have a feeling that IF i would tell her to send the bag bag and refund her, she will probably send back the ugly knock off. Thats would really break my heart.

I'm a little confused as to where you purchased this bag? Your friend said to have it authenticated and print off the receipt - you would only be able to obtain a receipt as the original purchaser. Did you purchase this new from store or preloved? If the latter, how did you confirm its authenticity?

If your buyer has sent you pictures of a very dodgy looking bag then a side by side comparison of your pictures from your listing -v- her pictures should be enough to settle any claim. But I suspect you will need to speak to someone at either ebay or paypal to get them to understand what is happening.

If your buyer has sent you pictures of a very dodgy looking bag then a side by side comparison of your pictures from your listing -v- her pictures should be enough to settle any claim. But I suspect you will need to speak to someone at either ebay or paypal to get them to understand what is happening.

Precisely! You need to show eBay/PayPal a side-by-side comparison of what you sent, versus what the buyer is sending back to you.

You have your own pictures from your listing, and the pics from the "fake" one that the buyer is trying to scam you with. Be sure to forward all of the communication from the eBay messaging system, other emails, all pictures.

If you purchased the bag yourself, go to LV and have them give you a reprint. Have a professional authenticator use the pictures from your listing to authenticate the bag. If the bag is a really bad knockoff, the pictures in your listing should back you up compared to what she's claiming you sold her. Call ebay, report her and let them know what you believe is happening so that it can be documented. If you have great feedback from selling LV, that will help. This may not be the first time she's pulled this, they'll see that too. Best of luck to you and I'm sorry that you are having to go through this.