Do you think 10% increase in size is worth upgrading diamond studs?

Lovin' Life

Aug 11, 2009
Please help me make a decision. I am debating about upgrading my diamond studs. The size difference is roughly .35mm more or a 10% increase in surface area. I am debating whether the size increase is enough to notice not to mention a significant price increase since it bumps each diamond over two carats each.

What do you think? I am spending way too much time trying to figure this out by myself, and I would love your opinions!

So both are ideal cuts, but what about color and clarity? Any of those specs better in the upgrade? I wouldn't spend 15,000 on just a .35mm difference without any other kind spec upgrade. I would personally want to spend it on another type of jewelry.

Just know, it's not going to be an investment, so it has to be something you want for yourself and that will make you happy.

So both are ideal cuts, but what about color and clarity? Any of those specs better in the upgrade? I wouldn't spend 15,000 on just a .35mm difference without any other kind spec upgrade. I would personally want to spend it on another type of jewelry.

Just know, it's not going to be an investment, so it has to be something you want for yourself and that will make you happy.

I completely agree that it is not an investment. I simply enjoy jewelry!

I probably won't upgrade after all. The price increase is because it puts the diamonds in the next carat range, but it is a great deal of money.

Thank you for weighing in! :balloon:

I don't think I will. Thank you for following up! :wave:

not worth it! I wouldn't upgrade unless it was .50 or more! and if your studs are as killer as they sound then an extra 0.10 will no be noticeable to anyone or yourself once they're in your ears.

Hello texasgirliegirl:smile:! I have most of my other jewelry desires covered, so the diamond studs are something I am interested in. I have no plans to resell them or use them for an investment. Honestly, I am torn about the upgrade issue again this morning.

Chicago Mama You are kind!:wave: The earrings are beautiful, but they are not as large as what I had. I don't want to go into what happened to the previous studs since it is still quite painful to even think about at this time. I think I am having a hard time to not seeing as much coverage as I once had on my ears.

not worth it! I wouldn't upgrade unless it was .50 or more! and if your studs are as killer as they sound then an extra 0.10 will no be noticeable to anyone or yourself once they're in your ears.

I think my initial post was confusing. The millimeter increase would be about .35mm each, which is about a 10% overall surface area increase. There is no doubt is a hefty chunk of change to upgrade! I am torn :sad: