My Black Tote Hunt Ended With Saffiano Cuir Double Bag

Love it! I've been considering this bag. Now that you've had it for a bit, do you think it will lose shape after a while? That's been my one concern because it's not very thick. Which is funny, because that's one of the things I also really like about it.

I enjoyed your long and detailed review with a glass of wine, thank you for this pleasant moment :amuse: I think you picked the best one of them! Timeless and beautiful with it's simplicity. Carry her with pride! :heart:

Love it! I've been considering this bag. Now that you've had it for a bit, do you think it will lose shape after a while? That's been my one concern because it's not very thick. Which is funny, because that's one of the things I also really like about it.

Thanks! I have only carried it 3 times since I've had it, so it's definitely too soon for me to tell if this bag will lose it's shape at all. However, what I have noticed from touching and visually examining the bag, is although it's considered more of a structured bag, the leather is flexible. I can bend the top part of the leather inward and outward a little, I can squeeze the sides (not that I should be doing this), and it goes right back to its original shape. It's almost like a flexible-leather-structured-tote-bag (if this makes sense). So as far as the bag losing its shape, it's already not 100% totally structured like a typical structured bag. This is what I personally liked about it.

Hopefully Prada put extra thought and craftsmanship into this bag, and improved from some of their other structured bags losing its shape. This particular leather and design seems like it could hold up. Only time will tell.

If you have any other questions let me know. I will also update this thread again after I really break the bag in and it's gotten plenty of use.

Last edited:
I enjoyed your long and detailed review with a glass of wine, thank you for this pleasant moment :amuse: I think you picked the best one of them! Timeless and beautiful with it's simplicity. Carry her with pride! :heart:

Haha, I love it...with a glass of wine. Nice! Glad you enjoyed my review. Thanks so much for your feedback. :heart:

So I was in the shoe department at Bloomingdale's the other day, trying on a pair of Chanel ballerina flats. The sales associate didn't waste anytime complimenting my new bag. She said "I love your bag because it's so classy, chic, timeless..." To my surprise she asked, "How much was it $4,000 or $5,000?" I replied "no $2,870 plus tax." She said "Oh that's great!" This absolutely made my day. Not just because she loved my bag but because she thought it was $4K or $5K. Makes me feel so much better about the real price tag. :tup: The bag is nice but I can't imagine spending anywhere near $4K + for it.

Thanks! I have only carried it 3 times since I've had it, so it's definitely too soon for me to tell if this bag will lose it's shape at all. However, what I have noticed from touching and visually examining the bag, is although it's considered more of a structured bag, the leather is flexible. I can bend the top part of the leather inward and outward a little, I can squeeze the sides (not that I should be doing this), and it goes right back to its original shape. It's almost like a flexible-leather-structured-tote-bag (if this makes sense). So as far as the bag losing its shape, it's already not 100% totally structured like a typical structured bag. This is what I personally liked about it.

Hopefully Prada put extra thought and craftsmanship into this bag, and improved from some of their other structured bags losing its shape. This particular leather and design seems like it could hold up. Only time will tell.

If you have any other questions let me know. I will also update this thread again after I really break the bag in and it's gotten plenty of use.

Thanks for the input! I have the double zip, which is really structred, so I too was sort of liking that it was more flexable and lighter. Do you use a bag organizder in it? I typically do to protect my lining, thinking that might help with some shape too. I actually like how this one would be more comfortable to carry than my double zip. I also think that leathers that are softer, like daino, bend and break down as well, so I'm thinking this one should be fine. :smile:

Thanks for the input! I have the double zip, which is really structred, so I too was sort of liking that it was more flexable and lighter. Do you use a bag organizder in it? I typically do to protect my lining, thinking that might help with some shape too. I actually like how this one would be more comfortable to carry than my double zip. I also think that leathers that are softer, like daino, bend and break down as well, so I'm thinking this one should be fine. :smile:

You're welcome! I actually purchased the double zip in the argilla color months ago. I decided to return it because I heard many people complaining of it losing its structure. I saw someone selling theirs on eBay one day and it almost looked wrinkled. I wondered how it got like that. After seeing that I decided to return mine. At the time I didn't see the saffiano cuir double bag. I don't think it was released yet. I searched other premium designers and I actually returned to Prada months later only to discover the double bag. I remember liking its shape right away and the fact that it was a softer leather that was more flexible. I too figured it would be more comfortable to carry. The other thing I noticed with the double zip is if I put several items in the big pockets, sometimes the items would cause the bag to have indentations which was annoying to me because it's meant to be a real structured bag. With the double bag, I find there is more room to fit items on both sides of the bag and not worry about that indentation issue so much. I may see some indentation once in a while but it doesn't really bother me because it's already a flexible bag meant to shift a little. Sometimes I just adjust my items in bag and it's fine.

Speaking of an organizer, that's a great question because I think this bag would work best with some sort of an organizer. Just my personal opinion. I carry lots of misc items and because the bag only has that small pocket in the middle, that alone doesn't work for me without an organizer. Right now I'm only using a small black mesh bag to carry my hand sanitizer, mirror, measuring tape, lip balm, Tide stain remover pen, gum. etc. This small mesh bag is old and I prefer a slightly bigger one that even has a few compartments. So I've been searching for one.

Please let me know what type of organizer you use in your bag(s). I haven't been able to find one yet that will look nice and work great in this bag.

As far as the daino leather, I like the way some of the bags look. I want another one but am reluctant because the vitello daino I purchased started to wear right away. The handles peeled the same month I got it. I take really great care of my bags but noticed a small tear in the piping on bottom of bag. I took it back to Prada to have it repaired. They did a good job repairing. However that freaked me out so I'm not rushing for another daino.

So I do hope this double bag lasts nicely and keeps its shape.

You're welcome! I actually purchased the double zip in the argilla color months ago. I decided to return it because I heard many people complaining of it losing its structure. I saw someone selling theirs on eBay one day and it almost looked wrinkled. I wondered how it got like that. After seeing that I decided to return mine. At the time I didn't see the saffiano cuir double bag. I don't think it was released yet. I searched other premium designers and I actually returned to Prada months later only to discover the double bag. I remember liking its shape right away and the fact that it was a softer leather that was more flexible. I too figured it would be more comfortable to carry. The other thing I noticed with the double zip is if I put several items in the big pockets, sometimes the items would cause the bag to have indentations which was annoying to me because it's meant to be a real structured bag. With the double bag, I find there is more room to fit items on both sides of the bag and not worry about that indentation issue so much. I may see some indentation once in a while but it doesn't really bother me because it's already a flexible bag meant to shift a little. Sometimes I just adjust my items in bag and it's fine.

Speaking of an organizer, that's a great question because I think this bag would work best with some sort of an organizer. Just my personal opinion. I carry lots of misc items and because the bag only has that small pocket in the middle, that alone doesn't work for me without an organizer. Right now I'm only using a small black mesh bag to carry my hand sanitizer, mirror, measuring tape, lip balm, Tide stain remover pen, gum. etc. This small mesh bag is old and I prefer a slightly bigger one that even has a few compartments. So I've been searching for one.

Please let me know what type of organizer you use in your bag(s). I haven't been able to find one yet that will look nice and work great in this bag.

As far as the daino leather, I like the way some of the bags look. I want another one but am reluctant because the vitello daino I purchased started to wear right away. The handles peeled the same month I got it. I take really great care of my bags but noticed a small tear in the piping on bottom of bag. I took it back to Prada to have it repaired. They did a good job repairing. However that freaked me out so I'm not rushing for another daino.

So I do hope this double bag lasts nicely and keeps its shape.

A Prada sales woman told me that the Cuir will be more mobile, not as stiff and structured as the Saffiano Lux.. The grain/texture detail of the Cuir is larger making it a strong leather, but more flexible than the Saffiano Lux. I personally have had zero issues with my double zip. I have carried it tons over the last year and the shape looks the same as the day I bought it. I don't know if it's how I carry it or luck or what, but I'm 100% pleased with it. So Cuir should be even more durable and thats great. :smile:

Right now I have a purse to go organizer, but I want something better. I've heard good things about Divideandconquer on etsy. A friend of mine also purchased one from samorga and loves hers. If I get one I will post a review.

A Prada sales woman told me that the Cuir will be more mobile, not as stiff and structured as the Saffiano Lux.. The grain/texture detail of the Cuir is larger making it a strong leather, but more flexible than the Saffiano Lux. I personally have had zero issues with my double zip. I have carried it tons over the last year and the shape looks the same as the day I bought it. I don't know if it's how I carry it or luck or what, but I'm 100% pleased with it. So Cuir should be even more durable and thats great. :smile:

Right now I have a purse to go organizer, but I want something better. I've heard good things about Divideandconquer on etsy. A friend of mine also purchased one from samorga and loves hers. If I get one I will post a review.

That's great to know about the Cuir. Thanks for that additional info. I'm glad you are happy with your Double Zip, and I hope it keeps its shape. Seems like you take good care of it anyway. I'm sure it will be fine.

I was only planning on getting another cosmetic type bag with compartments (to create my own organization). I've never used an actual purse organizer before. So I may consider getting one since you suggested it. I just checked out DivideAndConquer on Etsy. Seems like it will help the bag keep its shape too. I'm wondering if the organizer will work okay on just one side of the Double Bag. I guess the only way to find out is to try it. And yes if you get one, do post a review.

It was great bag-chatting with you. See you around. :flowers: