Damaged edges on leather MBMJ

nsl

O.G.
Jun 30, 2013
I purchased the Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Natasha Crossbody at Neimans in January and the edges (where the handles are attached) are already starting to fall apart and I have a major stain from rubbing against my jeans. :sad:

Is there anything I can do for the edges and stain? Will Neiman Marcus help me get it fixed? It is only 7 months old!

Attachments

• IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0928.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 520
I would just say damp cloth with water and try to get that denim pigment out. Maybe a little DIY could help the straps: a few stitches?
From the photos, it looks like regular wear and tear. I hope this helps... 😁

Ok, I just watched a video, and I remembered your question!! A girl had new jeans on, and the dye rubbed onto her LV canvas. She used a Mr. Klean Magic Eraser, and it came off with no damage.

Hello

Magic erasers although they may appear to the naked eye that they have caused no damage can actually be removing the finish which will in time cause further problems. Using professional cleaners and protectors specifically designed for use on handbag leathers cannot be recommended enough. A little research goes a long way with finding the best products to use for your handbags

I hope this helps!

I purchased the Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Natasha Crossbody at Neimans in January and the edges (where the handles are attached) are already starting to fall apart and I have a major stain from rubbing against my jeans. :sad:

Is there anything I can do for the edges and stain? Will Neiman Marcus help me get it fixed? It is only 7 months old!

Hi nsl! I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm curious how did you solve this problem with torn edges? It seems to be quite common problem with Classic Q Natasha (and similar MBMJ) bags, I recently bought a pre-loved Lil Ukita and the bag had corners looking exactly like your Natashas. I didn't really know how to fix them, so I ended up returning the bag.

Hi nsl! I know this thread is pretty old, but I'm curious how did you solve this problem with torn edges? It seems to be quite common problem with Classic Q Natasha (and similar MBMJ) bags, I recently bought a pre-loved Lil Ukita and the bag had corners looking exactly like your Natashas. I didn't really know how to fix them, so I ended up returning the bag.

No I couldn't solve it and I couldn't get the stain out either with wipes. :sad: