how practical are the stam bags?

gucci fan

O.G.
Nov 27, 2006
I love love love the look of the stam, but I'm wondering how practical they are. How do you carry it? Is it comfortable to carry on your shoulder? Also, do you think it will go on sale? Sorry so many questions.

I had the mini stam and loved it. If I were to get another one I would get the larger one cause it carries more. The only thing I don't like about either size was the heavy chain shoulder strap.

Although I love the look of the stam I don't find it to be practical for me. I have two small children so I need both hands free. Even though the stam can fit on the shoulder it's not very comfortable because the kisslocks push under the armpit. However it is a beauty to look at, and it's not much of a problem if you don't have to hold on to two little ones.

No offense to Stam lovers. It's definitely in my top five of the Least practical bags ever made. You've got that huge chain on it... a frame closure that is rumored to pop open? Quilting that is sometimes very vulnerable to snagging a thread... I dunno. There are definitely more practical MJ bags out there

I must have lost all perspective...I have no problem with practicality. Maybe I haven't carried a truly practical handbag in too long? I carry this bag, sometimes on my arm, sometimes using the chain strap on my shoulder, WHILE carrying a 14-month-old demon squirrel....ummm.....I mean precious child....into the grocery store, etc. I actually love the sound of the chain when I toss it onto the passenger-side seat in the car, and my kiss lock closure has never popped open. It has a tiny little grabby-thing on the kiss lock to prevent popping, even. I dunno...I've never thought about practicality. But maybe I just appreciate having something solid and heavy on one arm balancing out the rabid kangaroo....ummm....delicate gift of life....on the other arm. And if nothing else, a large and sturdy enough receptacle in which to deposit my precious miracle of life should I need such a thing...

Hmm, I don't know how well qualifed I am to answer this question since I've only had my stam for a week. However, I ADORE this bag, I haven't switched bags since I got it! That's saying a lot because I usually switch bags everyday. I like that it's got some heft to it and it's super convenient when I'm carrying it on my shoulder by the chain because I can just reach in and get something without taking the bag off my shoulder. It also looks really elegant sitting in the crook of my arm.

Of all my bags the only one that is a pleasure to use for ease of use and lightness and being able to get things out easily is my Anya Hindmarch tote with a cat on the front, this however I never use as I prefer all my unpractical bags!

I must have lost all perspective...I have no problem with practicality. Maybe I haven't carried a truly practical handbag in too long? I carry this bag, sometimes on my arm, sometimes using the chain strap on my shoulder, WHILE carrying a 14-month-old demon squirrel....ummm.....I mean precious child....into the grocery store, etc. I actually love the sound of the chain when I toss it onto the passenger-side seat in the car, and my kiss lock closure has never popped open. It has a tiny little grabby-thing on the kiss lock to prevent popping, even. I dunno...I've never thought about practicality. But maybe I just appreciate having something solid and heavy on one arm balancing out the rabid kangaroo....ummm....delicate gift of life....on the other arm. And if nothing else, a large and sturdy enough receptacle in which to deposit my precious miracle of life should I need such a thing...

:roflmfao: too funny!

anyway, i didnt think the stam w/chain was that heavy.....as in the newer stam with the polished gold hardware and cloth lining inside. i tried it at neiman this weekend and love the look. anyway, i think the stella is way heavier. i thought it was pretty comfortable for the shoulder but looks better hand-held. definitely cannot carry it on shoulder if you have heavy coat on....maybe a trench coat will be ok.