What non-LV bag you carry when not appropriate to carry an LV situation?

azngal

O.G.
Jun 12, 2010
What Non-LV, non-high end designer bag do you carry when it is not appropriate to carry a bag that cost $1000+ for a particular situation either work related or just every day outing?

I just feel very anti-Michael Kors right now because of all the copying of the LV designs, but seems like MK is the popular every day bag I see people carrying now.

I carry a pretty small little patent Coach purse (inexpensive). It holds what I need (like my Zippy Wallet), and that patent is almost indestructible. I definitely carry it into the nail salon. I'm too afraid of an "accident" with all those chemicals and nail polish that's everywhere in there! :sweatdrop:

At the moment, when not carrying LV -- I carry my Marc Jacobs Stams, Frye Brooke drawstring and their Deborah tote.

I also carry Michael Kors, basically the Jet Set tote that looks like the Neverfull - with the matching zippered cellphone wallet. I chose this over the LV because the Kors version has adjustable straps and I was able to add a few extra holes to mine to extend the straps. The LV version is just too uncomfortable over the shoulder and I have no problems modifying any of MK bags because at that price point, it isn't anything to sweat over (I also modified my MK Hamilton strap, making it a removable chain by adding clips)

Having said that, I think the MKors knock-off (?) of the LV Damier pattern is taking it a bit far.... it's still nice quality, for what it is at that price.

For very casual outing like playground or day trips to the big city, I have my Herve Chapelier 925(?) and Kipling Europa... it's just more comfortable if I'm in and out of crowds and multitasking with the kids.

since I do not own any bags other than LV and chanel if I am in a situation where it would be appropriate I would usually not bring any bag and just leave necessities in hubbys car or I also like my alma epi because unless someone really knows the brand no one would ever guess it is a LV bag.

I was actually a Michael Kors girl before I finally got into LV.

Honestly, if everyone avoided fashion brands that "copied" others, we would put most out of business. Yes, I agree that the DE print copy was taking it too far, but honestly - it's so obvious that it's Michael Kors that there's just no mistaking it for an LV anyway. I hate actual fakes that people try to pass off as authentic more, because those actually use the LV name, those are the reason for people asking if our LV's are real or assuming ours are fake. Michael Kors has excellent quality for the price point - I used to be really rough with my bags and between MK & Coach, my MKs look brand new still whereas my Coach ones have stitching coming apart, cracks, etc. MKs more recent bags haven't really been my thing though.

That being said, if you are absolutely anti-Michael Kors regardless, Coach is a decent second option. Their outlet stores are forever having insane sales and practically giving away bags. Kate Spade's got some classy looking bags, but every time I've seen them in person the quality has seemed questionable. I know lots are fans of Longchamps as well.

since I do not own any bags other than LV and chanel if I am in a situation where it would be appropriate I would usually not bring any bag and just leave necessities in hubbys car or I also like my alma epi because unless someone really knows the brand no one would ever guess it is a LV bag.

What Non-LV, non-high end designer bag do you carry when it is not appropriate to carry a bag that cost $1000+ for a particular situation either work related or just every day outing?

I just feel very anti-Michael Kors right now because of all the copying of the LV designs, but seems like MK is the popular every day bag I see people carrying now.

Agree on the Epi Alma. I've wanted one for this reason because no one would know unless you're an LV fanatic. I think Epi can be very discreet.
OP, MK seems like the "it" bag with people I see nowadays. Of course there are very expensive ones around the LV pochette price point but still very trendy. I haven't gotten into MK because I don't want to buy into just a trend (meaning idk if that bag will be popular in a couple of years) so I've mainly stuck with LV. I had some COACH before and that seems ok to bring around anywhere.

I volunteer frequently in at-risk high schools during the academic year and use a nautical stripe Kate Spade tote (same size as NF MM) so I can bring my laptop. I just wear it with the KS plate pointed towards my body instead of the outside

The other most common situations where I don't think LV is appropriate (for me) are events with high-mess potential like sporting events or music festivals. I always see LVs in these places but I know - for me - I'd be far too upset if someone spilled a beverage or whatever on my purse so I just leave them at home. I have a tiny leather Coach crossbody or a Vera Bradley shoulder bag that I use in those type of situations