Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Smuggled pics are coming out!

Apple iPhone 6 New Pics Drool, Geeks!

8/15/2014 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Exclusive Photos

Tech geeks may want to take a hit off their inhalers and brace themselves ... because TMZ has obtained possible pictures of Apple's brand spanking new iPhone 6!

We're told the phone was smuggled out of a Foxconn factory in China ... where the majority of iPhone models are manufactured.

The owner of the phone says the smuggler is his friend -- an ex-employee -- who worked in Foxconn's hardware department designing the outer casing for the new model.

As for the inner workings -- we're told it's not running an authentic Apple IOS, which is SOP during the development stage for security purposes.

We're told the new phone is noticeably lighter ... and appears to have a new sensor on the front ... though it's unclear for what.

The official Apple unveiling is allegedly set for next month.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3ATOJm36Q

Apple iPhone 6 Possible Photographic Evidence Of Wireless Charging

8/16/2014 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Atop the mountain of juicy rumors of Apple iPhone 6 features ... the possibility of charging without a wire ... and a certain port featured in this pic could be the smoking gun.

The biggest clue that wireless charging is coming -- Apple filed a patent in 2012 for "Wireless Power Utilization in a Local Computing Environment:" ... essentially a central hub able to power a device without wires.

The patent describes the ability to power multiple devices at once off one central hub.

The pic we obtained is intriguing. Check out the slot at the top of phone near the camera and speaker.

We've talked to techies ... and it appears it could be a sensor for wireless charging capabilities.

As we previously reported ... a guy claims to have smuggled an iPhone 6 prototype out of the Foxconn factory in China where he worked ... and took pictures of the device, which we obtained.

Tech blogs went crazy -- calling BS and claiming it's a clone -- but nobody knows for sure until Apple makes the official announcement ... possibly next month.

One things for sure ... if wireless charging is the real deal ... it will be a gigantic game changer.

Those stupid chords are the worst.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3AZtSqA2B

Apple iPhone 6 Possible Photographic Evidence Of Wireless Charging

8/16/2014 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
ll-media.tmz.com/2014/08/15/iphone-6-big-thing-new-gallery-launch-template-3.jpg
Atop the mountain of juicy rumors of Apple iPhone 6 features ... the possibility of charging without a wire ... and a certain port featured in this pic could be the smoking gun.

The biggest clue that wireless charging is coming -- Apple filed a patent in 2012 for "Wireless Power Utilization in a Local Computing Environment:" ... essentially a central hub able to power a device without wires.

The patent describes the ability to power multiple devices at once off one central hub.

The pic we obtained is intriguing. Check out the slot at the top of phone near the camera and speaker.

We've talked to techies ... and it appears it could be a sensor for wireless charging capabilities.

As we previously reported ... a guy claims to have smuggled an iPhone 6 prototype out of the Foxconn factory in China where he worked ... and took pictures of the device, which we obtained.

Tech blogs went crazy -- calling BS and claiming it's a clone -- but nobody knows for sure until Apple makes the official announcement ... possibly next month.

One things for sure ... if wireless charging is the real deal ... it will be a gigantic game changer.

Those stupid chords are the worst.

ll-media.tmz.com/2014/08/15/apple-patent-document-launch-template-3.jpg

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3AZtSqA2B

I like this part:biggrin:and when we're going to be able to buy it? what about the price ?

Android has had it but iPhones didn't so it's a new perk for iPhone users, lol!
I'm sure there's things each phone does that another can't :smile:

Android has had it but iPhones didn't so it's a new perk for iPhone users, lol!
I'm sure there's things each phone does that another can't :smile:

I know it's not been on iPhones. I just think it's funny when Apple fans get something that other brands have had for a while (wireless charging, copy paste, multi task, widgets), they act like it's some break through and the world is gonna change cause of it.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/08/17/reversible-usb-could-be-iphone-6s-biggest-little-new-feature/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000591

Reversible USB Could Be iPhone 6’s Biggest Little New Feature

When the iPhone 6 arrives, likely in September at Apple’s upcoming special event, a lot of people will be looking for a larger screen as the core feature to get excited about. But one change that could actually have more of an impact in terms of daily use could be a new, rumored reversible USB-to-Lightning cable that has been leaked a couple of times this week.

The leaks, which aren’t yet verified, show off a Lightning cable which has a USB connector that can be plugged in any way, with no requirements that one end or another be facing ‘up.’ Images of what look like a prototype version of this device showed up via Nowhereelse.fr earlier this week, and later an image purporting to show the same thing was posted by frequent parts leaker Sonny Dickson (via MacRumors).

Reversible USB is part of the new USB 3.1 standard that’s now ready to enter production, but it isn’t clear if these leaked images represent a shift for Lightning from USB 2 to USB 3. It also isn’t clear that these are authentic Apple cables, or that we’ll see them make their way into iPhone 6 boxes when that device eventually ships. But it is a tantalizing possibility, and one that would finally fix one of the most annoying remaining things about hardwired input/output and charging cables for Apple’s world-leading smartphone.

Apple finally sets a date for the iPhone 6 reveal

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2014/08/2.../?hootPostID=a998990d3415f23719b48b94011461be

Ever since the iPhone 5S was released last September, the Internet has been abuzz about what the iPhone 6 might look like. Although a small army of Apple-obsessed Internet sleuths and tech journalists have found out enough to steal a bit of thunder from any official reveal: that the iPhone 6 will come in two sizes, 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches, look similar to the 5/5S, and will include the TouchID sensor that was introduced on the 5S. But no matter how well-sourced and consistent information is, the only way to know for sure is to wait for Apple to finally reveal the thing. Which, fortunately, is only a mere two weeks from now.
According to Business Insider, Apple sent out invitations to an event at the Flint Center in Cupertino, California, at 10 a.m. September 9. That is when we will know the truth.
And then the cycle will begin anew…

iPhone 6: Apple expected to reveal iWatch at September launch event

Apple's first wearable device could be with us even sooner than we thought, as the tech giant gears up for a huge hardware launch in the next few weeks

iWatch-concept.jpg

AppleiWatch: Could Apple be preparing to release a wearable device next month?
Apple could unveil the hugely anticipated iWatch as soon as September, a month earlier than previously thought.

Tech website Re/Code claims the tech giant are gearing up to launch the new wearable device at the same event as the iPhone 6.

It was previously thought Apple would hold a second event in October to launch the iWatch, leaving the September 9th press conference as a launchpad for the two iPhone 6 models.

The watch is expected to make good use of the new HomeKit and HealthKit features in the forthcoming iOS 8 operating system for Apple's mobile devices.

HomeKit is designed to make it easier to control your home with your devices, hooking in with smart lightbulbs, door locks and appliances.

Apple's medical and exercise tracking system, HealthKit, will keep tabs on the user's fitness, activity - and perhaps even heart rate, when combined with the iWatch.

There's been speculation that HealthKit will be able to automatically put your iPhone into Do Not Disturb mode when it recognises you're working out - and even nag you if you haven't been to the gym in a while.

Would you want your iPhone nagging you to go to the gym?
Yeah, I could stand to lose a few pounds
No, my body's a temple and I basically live at the gym anyway
Maybe. If only I hadn't lost my iPhone among this ever growing stack of pizza boxes

It's thought both services will be heavily integrated in the device, Apple's first foray into the burgeoning wearable tech market.

The iPhone 6 is expected to feature a new super-fast WiFi chip and an improved Touch ID fingerprint sensor.

It will also feature Apple's next generation A8 processor, which should give the smartphone a huge performance boost, according to reports.

Apple's new device is also expected to have a vastly improved camera, with a 13-megapixel sensor provided by Sony.

It's thought the 4.7" iPhone 6 will hit stores as soon as a week or two after it's unveiled in September. The widely expected 5.5" version could be released later either due to manufacturing delays or as a deliberate move to prevent comptetition between models.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/techno...6-apple-expected-reveal-4121647#ixzz3BoBYKOlG

interesting!! not a fans of the curvy bottom part though, but i really need to upgrade my 4s maybe by the end of the year or early next year and it's good to know what my next upgrade looks like