Should I get a 2nd Evelyne? Need advice.

ryrybaby12

O.G.
Aug 20, 2008
Hey all,

I bought an Hermes Evelyne PM in Clemence Gold a few months ago from the Tysons store. I love the bag, and use it mostly on weekends, but somtimes I bring it into work with my Longchamp that holds my laptop:smile:

I am also in love with the Etoupe color, and I totally love my Evelyne, however, have also contemplated the Jyspeiere.

So...do I save my money for a Jyspiere or that new pretty bag -Halzan, or get another etoupe Evelyne?

Your thoughts are much appreciated!

Hey all,

I bought an Hermes Evelyne PM in Clemence Gold a few months ago from the Tysons store. I love the bag, and use it mostly on weekends, but somtimes I bring it into work with my Longchamp that holds my laptop:smile:

I am also in love with the Etoupe color, and I totally love my Evelyne, however, have also contemplated the Jyspeiere.

So...do I save my money for a Jyspiere or that new pretty bag -Halzan, or get another etoupe Evelyne?

Your thoughts are much appreciated!
I would go for Evelyne in Etoupe. Love the stitching. I just visited the store yesterday and there were so many new bags on the display shelf. Herbag, Victoria, Jyspeiere, Lindy, Bolide ...Who is your SA may I ask? Denise?

I personally like to have one color in different type of bag first then I would get different shades of the same bags. I don't own a jyspere but based on seeing IRL it seems like Evelyn would be an easier bag to use daily when you are in a hurry. You can just put things in instead of opening the clasp and flap.

I'm biased because I love my new Halzan bag. I think you should buy a different bag because you already have an Evelyn. Save up for the Halzan or Jysperie (though I prefer the halzan for its versatility) and you can always buy another Evy later. An Evelyn in étoupe will be around for awhile so you can always pick it up later on.

Plus, I tend to save and buy the more pricey bags first and then once I have those, then I will buy the less expensive bags. It easier to "save" for the pricey items because once you have them, everything below is easier to obtain. And, when there are price increases, the more expensive bags just get even more expensive! It gets harder for me to save for bigger bags when I'm constantly depleting my budget on other H items so I try to focus on the big goal first and then the smaller items when I need a "fix"!!! This is just my personal opinion as I have to save for every H item I own :smile:

Last edited:
As you have a wonderful Evelyne ( gold Clémence is my favourite), I think you should save to buy yourself a Jypsière or another H model. But Evelyne in étoupe is great too!

I'm biased because I love my new Halzan bag. I think you should buy a different bag because you already have an Evelyn. Save up for the Halzan or Jysperie (though I prefer the halzan for its versatility) and you can always buy another Evy later. An Evelyn in étoupe will be around for awhile so you can always pick it up later on.

Plus, I tend to save and buy the more pricey bags first and then once I have those, then I will buy the less expensive bags. It easier to "save" for the pricey items because once you have it, everything below is easier. It gets harder for me to save for bigger bags when I'm constantly depleting my budget on other H items!!! This is just my personal opinion as I have to save for every H item I own :smile:
+1

OP you should check out jjyanks thread on her new halzan. May convince you to consider this new bag instead of an evie.

Plus, I tend to save and buy the more pricey bags first and then once I have those, then I will buy the less expensive bags. It easier to "save" for the pricey items because once you have them, everything below is easier to obtain. And, when there are price increases, the more expensive bags just get even more expensive! It gets harder for me to save for bigger bags when I'm constantly depleting my budget on other H items so I try to focus on the big goal first and then the smaller items when I need a "fix"!!! This is just my personal opinion as I have to save for every H item I own :smile:
Good advice! Agree...and your bag made me think twice....it is why I questioned the next choice. Wonder if the Halzan will come in Etoupe...will ask Nicole. Great bag by the way!

I'm with the others. I usually try to get different styles in different colors. Jypsiere is quite heavy so you may want to try the J and Halzan IRL and see how they work for you. It's always so much fun shopping for a new H bag. Have fun! :biggrin:

Ask yourself what it is about the Evvie that you love so much.
Then if the other models have that feature as well... branch out.
If not, I would stick to what I love... in multiples :smile: