Brass/gold tone bag charm - where?

I'm trying to find a brass/gold tone bag charm with the bit that actually attaches to the bag (not just a standard key ring)... But these are proving SO hard to find and the few I find on eBay are either awful designs or super expensive. I have no physical stores near me.

This is what I am looking for http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Coach-Si...omen_s_Accessories&hash=item2ed527dca0&_uhb=1 but not that design.

Any advice?
Wow, that charm is expensive! I have a small striped Hampton tote about 10 yrs old with one of those daisy tags on the the bead chain. I bet you can find some type of attachment if you check the craft stores.

I'm trying to find a brass/gold tone bag charm with the bit that actually attaches to the bag (not just a standard key ring)... But these are proving SO hard to find and the few I find on eBay are either awful designs or super expensive. I have no physical stores near me.

This is what I am looking for http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Coach-Si...omen_s_Accessories&hash=item2ed527dca0&_uhb=1 but not that design.

Any advice?

I think that's a very reasonable price for a charm! I spent $600 on a bag charm 🙊🙈. So this seems reasonable for me.

Have you considered another brand? Or are you strictly wanting coach?

Regardless, good luck! And I hope you find exactly what you want. :smile:

i am not sure if this is what you are asking, but i remember there was a thread here on tpf about attaching the newer fobs to bags and someone recommended get dogleash clasps or swivels on amazon. I can't find the thread, but i did get a couple and am attaching a photo of one on my navy classic duffle. I have also attached a a fob with clasp fob as pictured on my british tan duffle.

Edit: Main photo didn't attach,

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 314
I buy a keychain I want, then use another ring - it looks like a binder ring, to attach it to my bag. You can also buy a dogleash clip for around $1 at Tandy leather. There are also several styles that came with the clip instead of the keyring. All Juicy Couture keychains come with a clip and a ring. Here's some examples: 1. binder ring, 2. dogleash clip added 3. keychain with clip, 4. Juicy Couture keychain.

Attachments

• mini studded preston013.jpg
    mini studded preston013.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 311
  • chevron sophia027.jpg
    chevron sophia027.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 313
  • gathered sophia010.jpg
    gathered sophia010.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 314
  • bendel with juicy charm050.jpg
    bendel with juicy charm050.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 310
OR fobs can be removed from the keyring itself and run a ball chain through the leather loop and attach to the bag.

Or if it is a style that has a chain attached, the ball chain can be run through the top link OR you can slightly open the top link and attach it to the bottom of a dog leash clip.

I buy a keychain I want, then use another ring - it looks like a binder ring, to attach it to my bag. You can also buy a dogleash clip for around $1 at Tandy leather. There are also several styles that came with the clip instead of the keyring. All Juicy Couture keychains come with a clip and a ring. Here's some examples: 1. binder ring, 2. dogleash clip added 3. keychain with clip, 4. Juicy Couture keychain.

I LOVE your taste in bags! I have a mini preston so might try the binder ring idea - where do you buy the binder ring from?

I LOVE your taste in bags! I have a mini preston so might try the binder ring idea - where do you buy the binder ring from?
Thank you! This one is in antiqued brass. I got it in a set of 3 antiqued brass, 3 antiqued nickel at Michael's but I didn't save the package. They didn't have it in regular brass/regular silver or I would have gotten it too. It is 1 1/2 inch across. I think these are similar:http://www.ebay.com/itm/7Gypsies-Cu...ED-PRICE-/281355069615?_trksid=p2054897.l4275 I think you might be able to use a hoop earring as long as the clasp is secure.

I also have some rings in brass and silver I got from ebay.