Dilemma; Chanel what to buy/indecisiveness

babyS.xx

Mar 3, 2013
Hi purse forum!
I posted a poll a few weeks ago about what bag to buy.
I am still very indecisive. I have seen lovely Gst's, Boys and Classic M/Ls.

I have decided to go with all three in the whichever I find first in a colour I like!

Problem is I think the fact that it is credit and I need to use it feels like I am forcing myself to buy something I don't want. I might look at a bag and think I want it 1 week later I no longer do.

Do any of you suffer from indecisiveness to the point you do not know what you even like any more! What do I do!

Usually I have an idea of what I want, i.e., a dressy bag or an everyday bag. Then I keep an eye out for something that will fit the hole.

I have made impulse purchases, but it usually started off with me looking for something I really wanted. Like, I was looking for a small type of leather wallet and ended up getting a LV Empreinte Speedy.

Chanel prices their bags way out of reach of middle-income impulse purchasers. When I saw my Bronze 225 in Hong Kong, I was so tempted to purchase right then and there. But I stopped to think, and think, then overthink again and again. I finally ended up getting it when I got back to the states. What I've realized is with all these bags, especially Chanel and Hermes, your perfect piece will be there when you want it.

In the past, usually when I'm indecisive about a purchase I won't make one. (At the time) I've always had to be certain before committing to a purchase. That being said, I've bought 6 designer handbags and, to date, I've only kept 2. The other four I've either sold, or in the process of selling. And 3 of them are chanels. With this experience, I now buy bags to fill a void (as the previous poster had mentioned). I personally think that is the best way to buy/choose, purely because it becomes a practical purchase. I bought my jumbo because I thought "go big or go home", it was a "classic", I "couldn't go wrong". After 5 years of wearing her I've come to realise it didn't suit my lifestyle, the style didn't suit me, and yeah, i did go wrong because I didn't adore it. This is all my experience and opinion for sharing.
So getting back to your question, yeah, I get indecisive even after I've made the purchase!

Happy shopping..

In the past, usually when I'm indecisive about a purchase I won't make one. (At the time) I've always had to be certain before committing to a purchase. That being said, I've bought 6 designer handbags and, to date, I've only kept 2. The other four I've either sold, or in the process of selling. And 3 of them are chanels. With this experience, I now buy bags to fill a void (as the previous poster had mentioned). I personally think that is the best way to buy/choose, purely because it becomes a practical purchase. I bought my jumbo because I thought "go big or go home", it was a "classic", I "couldn't go wrong". After 5 years of wearing her I've come to realise it didn't suit my lifestyle, the style didn't suit me, and yeah, i did go wrong because I didn't adore it. This is all my experience and opinion for sharing.
So getting back to your question, yeah, I get indecisive even after I've made the purchase!

Happy shopping..

Yes.....agreed what u hv said .....

I have had indecisiveness regarding the color/hardware combinations once in a while; I usually do a lot of research (and then some more lol). Eventually, especially if you go and personally look at the choices IRL you will find clarity. PS I tended to stick with the 'basic' colors for the classics first, as they go with most apparel. hth

Last edited:
Hi purse forum!
I posted a poll a few weeks ago about what bag to buy.
I am still very indecisive. I have seen lovely Gst's, Boys and Classic M/Ls.

I have decided to go with all three in the whichever I find first in a colour I like!

Problem is I think the fact that it is credit and I need to use it feels like I am forcing myself to buy something I don't want. I might look at a bag and think I want it 1 week later I no longer do.

Do any of you suffer from indecisiveness to the point you do not know what you even like any more! What do I do!
+1 for classic. Classic is a classic

Do any of you suffer from indecisiveness to the point you do not know what you even like any more!
I usually think, think again, and think some more before a purchase of a bag. I actually waited over a week trying to decide if I could "do" a jumbo when the So Black first came out last spring. Of course, once I made my decision, I was in that store right away. I guess this is to say most of us have times of indecision. It's $5,000+ so hopefully people have a bit of deciding to do before spending that kind of money. I do try to do all of my thinking first, so I wouldn't have to return a bag. Once I buy, I have thought and I know, and that bag is mine. I don't second guess after a purchase.

I think you need to take a step back and calm your thoughts down.

Don't rush yourself to a decision

After seeing so many beautiful bags on the forum plus the fact that some bags are really hard to find if you don't buy them when they first come out, we all fee the urge to go buy one. But, my experience tells me that if I rush my decision and the true love comes along, I will have to pass on the true love! The truth is, Chanel always makes beautiful colors. Many of us love 14S fuchsia and it was so hard to get for a while. But I saw them at store in late Jun when they came out first in Apr. And there were multiple sightings reported for once hard to get fuchsia minis! So don't rush! With the power of TPF, when you find the true calling, the bag will always be there for you!

I have had indecisiveness regarding the color/hardware combinations once in a while; I usually do a lot of research (and then some more lol). Eventually, especially if you go and personally look at the choices IRL you will find clarity. PS I tended to stick with the 'basic' colors for the classics first, as they go with most apparel. hth

yes, same here - and then I consider some more. In Australia we cannot get refunds at the boutiques (only a store credit) so we have to think long and hard because once we hand the cash over, then that is it.......
I am trying to be practical with my choices now - and have no objection to good pre-loved as well as new.
I am thinking of bags and colours to suit my every need long term - so nothing is on a whim.....
My collection is:
Jumbo CF - Caviar Beige Clair - SHW
Med/Large CF - Lamb - Black - GHW
PST - Caviar Beige Clair - GHW
WOC - Black - Caviar SHW
My next bag (and likely final for some time) to complete the basic collection will be a black GST with GHW.

I am trying to discipline myself to buy what is on my wish list rather than impulse, but admit that is not always easy when I get my "CC Eyes" on in the boutique !!

i think you need to take a step back and calm your thoughts down.

Don't rush yourself to a decision

after seeing so many beautiful bags on the forum plus the fact that some bags are really hard to find if you don't buy them when they first come out, we all fee the urge to go buy one. But, my experience tells me that if i rush my decision and the true love comes along, i will have to pass on the true love! The truth is, chanel always makes beautiful colors. Many of us love 14s fuchsia and it was so hard to get for a while. But i saw them at store in late jun when they came out first in apr. And there were multiple sightings reported for once hard to get fuchsia minis! So don't rush! With the power of tpf, when you find the true calling, the bag will always be there for you!

+1

I second this approach: a LOT of research! Luckily even researching Chanel bags is fun, and part of the excitement of buying one :smile: I'll check blog and youtube reviews, look at photos online, of course check purseforum, and check out the bags in real life.

For me the trick is to make sure I'm obsessed with my future purchase even before I buy it. When I find a colour/hardware combo/bag that I just can't stop thinking about for DAYS on end, that's when I know that's the one to buy. As opposed to when I come across a gorgeous bag online and can't stop thinking about it for a few HOURS, which happens a lot too. :P