Rhyd er die Reveal

Loco4Coco

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Introducing Miss Violet Rhyder 32. Love the size, but trying to decide if I can handle this leather. Nor the leather I would expect for this expensive of a bag. I also ordered the Rhyder 33 in the light blue, waiting for her arrival.

Attachments

• 2014-08-15 16.54.19-1.png
    2014-08-15 16.54.19-1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,000
Introducing Miss Violet Rhyder 32. Love the size, but trying to decide if I can handle this leather. Nor the leather I would expect for this expensive of a bag. I also ordered the Rhyder 33 in the light blue, waiting for her arrival.

Gorgeous colour - love the Rhyder! I have yet to see one irl though.

Please describe the leather - other TPF members have returned their Rhyder bags complaining about the leather too :sad: so I wonder if they are all the same regardless of colour. Does anybody like the new leather on the Rhyder bags?

Gorgeous colour - love the Rhyder! I have yet to see one irl though.

Please describe the leather - other TPF members have returned their Rhyder bags complaining about the leather too :sad: so I wonder if they are all the same regardless of colour. Does anybody like the new leather on the Rhyder bags?

I own 2 rhyders and love both of them. I own the reg size in Jade like this one and the gunmetal 24 which is not a reg leather. So I did not expect it to be soft since it is more like a texture leather. I like the carylye bags too and most have complained about them too.

I own 2 rhyders and love both of them. I own the reg size in Jade like this one and the gunmetal 24 which is not a reg leather. So I did not expect it to be soft since it is more like a texture leather. I like the carylye bags too and most have complained about them too.

I have checked out the Carlyle bags and I don't know what the complaints are about - I like the leather a LOT. Mind you, Coach has been changing their leather for quite some time now so it's not like they drastically changed since 2013 from super thick buttery leather to thin/soft in 2014.

I haven't been checking Coach but for all I know, the Rhyder bags are already there (or maybe not yet).

From the pic I have seen the leather reminds me of the FOS Campbell line. Its sorta plasticy but then not really. If its like that then that bag is way overpriced. I just sold a campbell flap bag (cant remember what itz called) but I wssnt fond of the leather, very smootb no texture and just flat.

I returned my gunmetal rhyder 33 because the leather was so plastic looking.

I just bought a carlyle brick grommet bag using the Macy's 25% off however and I really like that leather. It's light leather but it does not look cheap in my opinion.

I have not seen any of the rhyder bags in the non-textured leather so I don't know if they are better than the gunmetal was.

Loco4coco what do you think of the leather of your new bag?

Yes plastic feeling is right. It feels life faux leather. I actually called coach to ask them if it was 100% real leather or a mix/blend of something. I wonder if it will soften up with time. I have a 39.99 purse not real leather, I bought because I liked the color. It feels the same as this 495.00 coach :nuts:

Yes plastic feeling is right. It feels life faux leather. I actually called coach to ask them if it was 100% real leather or a mix/blend of something. I wonder if it will soften up with time. I have a 39.99 purse not real leather, I bought because I liked the color. It feels the same as this 495.00 coach :nuts:

Yes that is what I thought exactly. The gunmetal rhyder 33 that I returned had the feel of a fake plastic $49 bag. :cool:

I do like the leather on my new Carlyle though....:cool:

I read an interview on Vevers and he mentioned he wanted some leather that had a plastic like feel. Hard to think this is a great idea, but it seems intentional in his part. Quirky.

I returned my gunmetal rhyder 33 because the leather was so plastic looking.

I just bought a carlyle brick grommet bag using the Macy's 25% off however and I really like that leather. It's light leather but it does not look cheap in my opinion.

I have not seen any of the rhyder bags in the non-textured leather so I don't know if they are better than the gunmetal was.

Loco4coco what do you think of the leather of your new bag?

Glad you took the 33 back if you didn't love it. Definitely too expensive if you don't love it! :smile: