Do you like looking for the perfect bal?

viewwing

i luv bags
O.G.
Oct 1, 2008
I've been loving Balenciaga since 2008. I've also explored other brands since then. But one thing about Bal that keeps me coming back - the leather and the colors.

I'm wondering if like me, you look long and hard, far and wide for that ONE perfect Bal. Since all of them are so different with the leather and hardware, color characteristics, no two bals are identical.

I was on the quest recently for my perfect vintagey looking Bal with the smoosheeeest, thickest, wrinkly Bal and boy was it hard! But I do love the hunt and when me and that perfect one unite, somehow the stars align and I'm finally happy. :smile:

See my latest reveal and you'll know what I mean. ;) But tell me... do YOU enjoy the hunt?

Yes and No.

The hunt is definitely enjoyable, I just love the search. :cutesy:

But, on the days when it feels like all you will ever do to find this perfect bag is just look for it, it can be disheartening. :crybaby:

Right now I do not have a Bbag. I used to, then sold it (I should never have gotten yellow) to acquire my next handbag. This is how I have to shop. I am not fortunate enough to be able to buy multiple designer handbags, but that is okay. I am fortunate enough to be able to own one at a time. I have an old Chloe (this bag I don't need to sell) bag that I use...kind of...it just sits in my bedroom and I grab my wallet whenever I run out. It's a great bag, but too big for me to run around with right now...and not the style I want to carry right now. So, even though it feels like it, I am not without a purse...not really.

At first deciding to go back to Balenciaga was fun...well, it still is. But when the realization set in that I was looking for a bag I am probably not going to find...or someone is going to grab first before I even know it is out there...it kind of makes me sad.

When/If I find my Sapphire City I think it will finally be the bag I keep...so I really don't want to compromise and expand my search criteria. I am just starting to really doubt I am going to find it and I don't know what to do about that.

Just a quick suggestion. If you haven't already, you can set an ebay search to notify you if a Sapphire City shows up. You might need to use the more generic "Purple" in the search as well. If you decide to do that be sure to include the season or year and hardware type within the "include search within description" option.

Good luck!

Just a quick suggestion. If you haven't already, you can set an ebay search to notify you if a Sapphire City shows up. You might need to use the more generic "Purple" in the search as well. If you decide to do that be sure to include the season or year and hardware type within the "include search within description" option.

Good luck!
Thank you Conni618. :hugs:

I actually do have all of the main sites, the ones that allow it anyway, set to notify me when any City comes up; just in case someone calls the Sapphire the wrong color. Then, to add to how pathetic I am, I conduct my own search every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed. Maybe this is why I am driving myself nuts looking. :panic:

But, with such a rare bag, I am afraid if I only look every few days I will miss out on it if it does come up because it will be gone right away.

Thank you Conni618. :hugs:

I actually do have all of the main sites, the ones that allow it anyway, set to notify me when any City comes up; just in case someone calls the Sapphire the wrong color. Then, to add to how pathetic I am, I conduct my own search every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed. Maybe this is why I am driving myself nuts looking. :panic:

But, with such a rare bag, I am afraid if I only look every few days I will miss out on it if it does come up because it will be gone right away.

I hope that's not pathetic....that's exactly how I search when I'm looking for an old Bal! :P
You absolutely will find your bag. Just relax, take a deep breath and it will show up when you least expect it! :smile:

I guess I need to work on that (e.g., finding the perfect 'bag') ... :graucho: ;)

FullCollection_zps127bb1d2.jpg

Reactions: chanellover
Yes and No.

The hunt is definitely enjoyable, I just love the search

But, on the days when it feels like all you will ever do to find this perfect bag is just look for it, it can be disheartening.

Right now I do not have a Bbag. I used to, then sold it (I should never have gotten yellow) to acquire my next handbag. This is how I have to shop. I am not fortunate enough to be able to buy multiple designer handbags, but that is okay. I am fortunate enough to be able to own one at a time. I have an old Chloe (this bag I don't need to sell) bag that I use...kind of...it just sits in my bedroom and I grab my wallet whenever I run out. It's a great bag, but too big for me to run around with right now...and not the style I want to carry right now. So, even though it feels like it, I am not without a purse...not really.

At first deciding to go back to Balenciaga was fun...well, it still is. But when the realization set in that I was looking for a bag I am probably not going to find...or someone is going to grab first before I even know it is out there...it kind of makes me sad.

When/If I find my Sapphire City I think it will finally be the bag I keep...so I really don't want to compromise and expand my search criteria. I am just starting to really doubt I am going to find it and I don't know what to do about that.

Good luck!

Thank you Conni618.

I hope that's not pathetic....that's exactly how I search when I'm looking for an old Bal! :P
You absolutely will find your bag. Just relax, take a deep breath and it will show up when you least expect it!

Ha ha...oh good...I'm not the only one! I feel much better! ;)

Please don't feel alone or discouraged in your hunt! I do the same thing as you and Connie when looking for an older B bag. I hope this message goes through. I'm having difficulty with tpf today:roflmfao: it becomes a mission!:biggrin:. But, one that WILL pay off. You never know when someone is about ready to post your HG:graucho: You are doing all the right things. You just need to believe and be patient. Easier said than done I know. I am on the verge on getting one of my HG B bags. I have been looking for over 6 months....:graucho: We never know what is around the next corner! I hope it is a sapphire RH for you!!!:smooch:
FYI, I'm in the States but I found my HG AG RH city in Germany. And, my sapphire GSH in Canada. So, make sure you don't limit yourself to your country. I'm keeping my eyes open for you, too

Please don't feel alone or discouraged in your hunt! I do the same thing as you and Connie when looking for an older B bag. I hope this message goes through. I'm having difficulty with tpf today:roflmfao: it becomes a mission!:biggrin:. But, one that WILL pay off. You never know when someone is about ready to post your HG:graucho: You are doing all the right things. You just need to believe and be patient. Easier said than done I know. I am on the verge on getting one of my HG B bags. I have been looking for over 6 months....:graucho: We never know what is around the next corner! I hope it is a sapphire RH for you!!!:smooch:
FYI, I'm in the States but I found my HG AG RH city in Germany. And, my sapphire GSH in Canada. So, make sure you don't limit yourself to your country. I'm keeping my eyes open for you, too
You gave me hope...thank you! :hugs:

Ooh...I wonder if my searches aren't leaving the US? I will look into that!!:broom:

Ah...I am SO happy for you to find your Holy Grail....must, must post photos when she arrives!:Presents