My New Pandora

missjesf

O.G.
Dec 20, 2012
A bit agitated as I write this post...

I received my order this morning from Bergdorf Goodman. I've never purchased from Bergdorf before because I have none here and most of its stock is available through other of my local stores (Nordstrom, Barneys, NM) so I didn't know what to expect. Anyways, I only decided to make my Pandora purchase through BG because small Pandora's are hard to come by here and if it's a small, it's almost always in black.

I guess what I am most upset about is how my order was packaged. You would think spending $1700+ would get you an organized, flawless package but unfortunately not... Or at least not at BG. Even spending $600 on my 3.1 Phillip Lim at Saks got me a nicer package (I know I shouldn't be comparing two different stores but it's hard :shucks:) The box was very short so I knew my bag wasn't stuffed and was in it's most flat condition. When I unboxed it, there were only tissue wrappers around the item. I didn't expect a box since it said specifically online that there was no gift option for this item (seriously, gift option available for something lower than this price tag?). And lastly, its authenticity card + leather piece was carelessly tossed inside the dust bag, not inside the zipper pouch where most tags are usually stored. Before I checked the dust bag, I almost cried when I didn't see the authenticity card :cry: Overall, I will never be purchasing another item at BG even if it's the last place that has the item I want.

Nonetheless, here is my Small Pandora in Carmine.
  • I just wish the website could have said "Carmine" instead of "Red" because then I wouldn't have hoped for a deeper red/Burgundy since the picture online makes the shade more on the Burgundy side.

IMG_6745.jpg
IMG_6746.jpg
IMG_6748.jpg
attachment.php

Thank you for letting me share and rant about my experience. Enjoy!

It's a gorgeous, gorgeous bag. Hopefully, the more you experience this beauty, the more you will forget about the process in which it came to you ;)

A bit agitated as I write this post...

I received my order this morning from Bergdorf Goodman. I've never purchased from Bergdorf before because I have none here and most of its stock is available through other of my local stores (Nordstrom, Barneys, NM) so I didn't know what to expect. Anyways, I only decided to make my Pandora purchase through BG because small Pandora's are hard to come by here and if it's a small, it's almost always in black.

I guess what I am most upset about is how my order was packaged. You would think spending $1700+ would get you an organized, flawless package but unfortunately not... Or at least not at BG. Even spending $600 on my 3.1 Phillip Lim at Saks got me a nicer package (I know I shouldn't be comparing two different stores but it's hard :shucks:) The box was very short so I knew my bag wasn't stuffed and was in it's most flat condition. When I unboxed it, there were only tissue wrappers around the item. I didn't expect a box since it said specifically online that there was no gift option for this item (seriously, gift option available for something lower than this price tag?). And lastly, its authenticity card + leather piece was carelessly tossed inside the dust bag, not inside the zipper pouch where most tags are usually stored. Before I checked the dust bag, I almost cried when I didn't see the authenticity card :cry: Overall, I will never be purchasing another item at BG even if it's the last place that has the item I want.

Nonetheless, here is my Small Pandora in Carmine.
  • I just wish the website could have said "Carmine" instead of "Red" because then I wouldn't have hoped for a deeper red/Burgundy since the picture online makes the shade more on the Burgundy side.

Thank you for letting me share and rant about my experience. Enjoy!
I like! Perhaps the in store experience is more professional?

It's a beautiful bag and a gorgeous shade, but I agree the website picture is way off color wise. I've always had good service from Bergdorf's in person, but can't speak for their mail order service.

I know exactly what you mean. That is the way they ship their items. I was shocked as well. The US retailers have nothing on the European and Asian ones. Those guys know how to beautifully wrap an item, even if it is not marked "gift". I am glad that it arrived safely though. That is most important.

As far as the color, Carmine is a fabulous red but you should think if that is truly the color you will love. That is alot of money and you don't want to settle. Believe me, chances are good that Givenchy will repeat a color. I know that small Pandoras are harder to find in colors but it does happen. Unfortunately, many of the retailers mess up on color and size descriptions of Givenchy bags. Don't know why that is but they do get it wrong alot....BG is not the only culprit.

Just a suggestion...would you be interested in trying to find a small oxblood pandora? Oxblood is more purple-ish maroon, I guess. It is a beautiful rich deep color for the Fall/Winter 2014 season. Some retailers have it up. No promises that it will be available in small Pandora, but a suggestion.

It's a gorgeous, gorgeous bag. Hopefully, the more you experience this beauty, the more you will forget about the process in which it came to you ;)

Thank you! I hope so too :smile:

I like! Perhaps the in store experience is more professional?

Thanks! Maybe. I will have to see when I go on a trip to a place where there's a BG in the future.

It's a beautiful bag and a gorgeous shade, but I agree the website picture is way off color wise. I've always had good service from Bergdorf's in person, but can't speak for their mail order service.

Thank you. Yes, the picture online is a much more cooler/bluer toned than what the shade really is IRL. But I'm glad the red is still on the neutral side!

I think the colour is lovely, sorry about the packaging :sad:

Very nice color!

I'm sorry about your shopping experience (would tick me off too). Your bag is stunning; enjoy!

Thank you and thank you all for your kind words. I really wish I had gotten the "butterflies" while I unboxed the package :noworry:

I know exactly what you mean. That is the way they ship their items. I was shocked as well. The US retailers have nothing on the European and Asian ones. Those guys know how to beautifully wrap an item, even if it is not marked "gift". I am glad that it arrived safely though. That is most important.

As far as the color, Carmine is a fabulous red but you should think if that is truly the color you will love. That is alot of money and you don't want to settle. Believe me, chances are good that Givenchy will repeat a color. I know that small Pandoras are harder to find in colors but it does happen. Unfortunately, many of the retailers mess up on color and size descriptions of Givenchy bags. Don't know why that is but they do get it wrong alot....BG is not the only culprit.

Just a suggestion...would you be interested in trying to find a small oxblood pandora? Oxblood is more purple-ish maroon, I guess. It is a beautiful rich deep color for the Fall/Winter 2014 season. Some retailers have it up. No promises that it will be available in small Pandora, but a suggestion.

Hi! Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I think I am more dissatisfy with the packaging than the color. I have purchased my bags mostly in-store or through SAs so I was able to request neater packaging so maybe I was just expecting too much. Carmine is a good red and a shade I don't have in my collection. I have the red-orange Nightingale and it's definitely not a neutral so I am okay with Carmine (I also like how it's paired with silver hardware, making the bag a bit more on the cooler side than warm since we're going into Fall). I'm just annoyed how "Carmine" can show up on my receipt but not on the website :pout:

I am 5' 1". I have purchased a medium before and returned it. The medium on me looks like a blob of leather (since the bag is slouchy) and takes up my whole front so no matter how gorgeous a medium is going to look, I unfortunately can't pull it off :shucks:

Anyways, thank you for your reply :smile: