How to style clip in hair extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I do is style them before I put them in and then blend a little more after placing them in by curling them. I do not wash and blow dry them while they are installed...I remove them wash, condition, blowdry and style...then place them in. It just really depends on what style/look I'm going for.

What I do is style them before I put them in and then blend a little more after placing them in by curling them. I do not wash and blow dry them while they are installed...I remove them wash, condition, blowdry and style...then place them in. It just really depends on what style/look I'm going for.

Thank you for your reply I like to blow dry my hair quite voluminous..so with washing them and then leaving them to dry I was thinking how would I style them to blend in with my own hair as I've read your not supposed to blow dry but leave but I was thinking they might go scraggly :-/

Thank you for your reply I like to blow dry my hair quite voluminous..so with washing them and then leaving them to dry I was thinking how would I style them to blend in with my own hair as I've read your not supposed to blow dry but leave but I was thinking they might go scraggly :-/

Leaving them to air dry is not a bad idea...it's moreso safer and better as too much heat is not good for your hair or the extensions (always use a heat protector) but I blow dry on cool as I am always in such a hurry! :P But if you air dry, you may want to use a bit of product so you don't get the "scragglies"....I love Kenra Platinum Silkening Gloss...it's good for blow or air dry and it doesn't weigh your hair down and is not greasy feeling...also it smells delightful. How are you stying your hair...are you using curlers, flat irons, or just a blow out using a hair dryer?

Clip-in extensions should be just as versatile and easy to style and use as your own hair depending on the kind you have (the hair type). I have had mine for well over a year and do have have any issues with dried out, fried, shedding or any problems at all. I maintain them the same way I do my own hair and use the same products.

Leaving them to air dry is not a bad idea...it's moreso safer and better as too much heat is not good for your hair or the extensions (always use a heat protector) but I blow dry on cool as I am always in such a hurry! :P But if you air dry, you may want to use a bit of product so you don't get the "scragglies"....I love Kenra Platinum Silkening Gloss...it's good for blow or air dry and it doesn't weigh your hair down and is not greasy feeling...also it smells delightful. How are you stying your hair...are you using curlers, flat irons, or just a blow out using a hair dryer?

Thanks for your advice :smile: I'm going to try and airdry them I've shampood and conditioned them, brushed them and I've put some paul mitchel leave in conditioner lotion stuff on them and leaving them to dry..it's styling them I'm stuck on..I normally blow dry my hair with volume and style my hair like kardashian style that sort of look ha :smile:

So you're curling them...all in all..it's about placement, texture of your hair vs the extensions and blending that will give you the most natural look (as you take pieces to curl...curl a piece of your hair and the extensition at the same time, that helps with the bleinding)...it takes a bit of play but they are really easy to use once you get use to them...I usually just snap, curl and go! Good luck! ;)

So you're curling them...all in all..it's about placement, texture of your hair vs the extensions and blending that will give you the most natural look (as you take pieces to curl...curl a piece of your hair and the extensition at the same time, that helps with the bleinding)...it takes a bit of play but they are really easy to use once you get use to them...I usually just snap, curl and go! Good luck! ;)

Thanks for your advice when they are dry do you normally straighten them first and then style once in hair or just leave the way they dry? :smile:

Thanks for your advice when they are dry do you normally straighten them first and then style once in hair or just leave the way they dry? :smile:

If I blow dry or air dry, I just immediately curl afterwards. I do not flatiron first. Only time I flatiron is if I am going to wear them straightened.

Status
Not open for further replies.