Need advice on my first LV bag/Speedy.

Hi guys

I'm going to buy my first Louis Vuitton bag and I have my eye on the Speedy Bandouliere in the monogram canvas, but I cannot choose between the 25 and 30. I'm a petite girl, only 162 cm and I do not carry a lot. I have read a lot of threads about the small opening in the 25, but is it really that annoying? I'm kind of afraid that if I get the 30 it will sag a lot? Any advice?

I usually just carry my wallet, maybe a water bottle, a small umbrella, my phone and a bit of make-up.

I hope you guys can help me make the right choice. :tup:

I have the Speedy B 30 and it's a great size, but I do see where some other members here are coming from when they say it almost ends up being a blackhole for your stuff. Since you don't carry much and you are also petite, I think the 25 might be better. I use a base shaper with my 30 and it's pretty helpful. I also have a purse to go jumbo organizer (recommended size for my 30) but I found that it takes away from the roominess of the bag so I stopped using it. Depending on how small your umbrella is when it's folded up, you may have trouble getting it in and out of the small opening of the 25. If it's the kind that's really small you should have no problem!

either size will work well for you -- when you try on both in LV, you'll probably like one size more than the other --- let us know what you decide to buy!! I'm 5' tall and love the 30.

I thought I would like one bag over another and once I went to the store to try on, I went a totally new direction. I agree that a base shaper will help with sagging and help to protect some. I would go with the 30 and add a purse organizer. It will lessen the "black hole" effect and give protection to the lining. Good luck!!

Thanks for your replies, ladies :tup:
I think I'm going for the 25 but I'll probably make my final decision in the store.
I think for the Speedy B-- 25 would be perfect for you and the things you carry. I have 3 Speedys, 2 30 and 1 25 and I like the 25 for my every day wear and it actually fits a ton! I can fit some diapers, my son's baby wipes, a small makeup case, my phone, wallet, keys, some candy, small toy and still have room! The opening isn't too bad and doesn't bother me.

Based on the posts I've read here, 25 is best for speedy b - if you would like to wear it cross body.
I have a speedy 25- I chose that size because i carry only items like you mentioned. The opening is ok too for the size of my hand.
Other people like the sag effect though - so they went for 35
I went to the boutique with a friend and she told me that speedy 30 is too big for my frame
Some members asked opinion on real time here while she's buying at the boutique by posting the pictures of her in 25 & 30
Good luck !!

I just got my 4th speedy yesterday, I'm 5'7", 110lbs.

I went for the 30B first, and I found it too big to wear cross body, then I got two 25B, they are so cute and light and chic, but as you said the small opening bothers me a lot so I got another classic speedy 30.

IMO, 25 is the perfect cross body/shoulder bag, especially for petite body type, and 30 looks the best when it's handheld.

I'm not sure about the water bottle and the umbrella, they might not fit in the 25 depending on the sizes. The long wallet doesn't fit in the 25 well, I changed to a smaller wallet when I wear 25.

Maybe get both.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

Thank you guys for your help.

My wallet is small - it's the Mulberry Daria French Purse so it does not take a lot of space. I measured an average water bottle and it was around 22 cm, so it should be able to fit into the 25.

I'd love to have both, but I'm also planning to get a Stella McCartney Falabella bag in the future, so unfortunately, I will have to choose.

I was thinking that the 30 may look the best when it's not cross body and I'm looking for a cross body bag, so I think I'll go with the 25.

Thank you guys for your help.

My wallet is small - it's the Mulberry Daria French Purse so it does not take a lot of space. I measured an average water bottle and it was around 22 cm, so it should be able to fit into the 25.

I'd love to have both, but I'm also planning to get a Stella McCartney Falabella bag in the future, so unfortunately, I will have to choose.

I was thinking that the 30 may look the best when it's not cross body and I'm looking for a cross body bag, so I think I'll go with the 25.
Agree! I think the 30 looks best hand held but if you want a Speedy B I'd go for the 25.
What print are you looking at?

I think it definitely has to with height/shape. I'm 5 '11 and not petite :giggles: and a 25 looks dwarfed on me. I own a LE 25 and use it on fun occasions, but its pretty small on my frame. Everything considered a 25 might be perfect for you. I don't think the opening is too small and it can fit A LOT in it (without an organizer, takes too much room up IMO). Good Luck deciding, either way you can't go wrong with a speedy in any size! :speedy: