VCA Effeuillage: yea or nay?

kkaate

Cartier Partier
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
Hi girls, I have a tasty little VCA dilemma for you today :smile:

I have been around the Jewelry forums for a while, but I am new to VCA. I have been eyeing the Effeuillage ring in MOP. I love the delicate, feminine and whimsical nature of the Effeuillage collection... but I am hesitant because this will be slightly out of my comfort zone. I live a very casual lifestyle, and so my jewelry needs to work well with knit sweaters and jeans :smile:

My other jewelry is the Cartier Love 4 diamond, diamond studs and the Tiffany gold charm bracelet. So you can see, very 'everyday' kind of pieces. Also, this will be my first VCA piece :cool:

It's very pretty, but I wonder if I'll get a lot of use out of it.

Also I wonder if it's too whimsical, but then I think... well, if I can't wear a whimsical piece in my 20s, when CAN I wear it, right? Not getting any younger :P

This ring will totally work with your style of dress and other pieces. This collection, however is not my PERSONAL favorite, as it's a bit too precious for me. I love whimsy, though, and would wear the VCA alhambra butterfly pieces in a hot minute and I wear a Cartier panthere ring most every day. :smile:
I don't mind, and actually quite like VCA heart motifs if they are perhaps a single heart. But maybe it's the cluster of hearts with that center diamond that doesn't quite fit with my own jewelry style. Anyway, what I'm saying is that you're never too old to wear something that really speaks to you if you OWN the look and style it correctly.

I've always been intrigued by these earrings but have yet to purchase them. based on the jewelry that you already own (classic, everyday pieces), have you thought about some vintage alhambra earclips as your first foray into VCA? just a thought :smile: if you're only interested in the ring, I definitely think that it's not too young for you and that you won't outgrow it any time soon. hope that helps!

Hi girls, I have a tasty little VCA dilemma for you today :smile:

I have been around the Jewelry forums for a while, but I am new to VCA. I have been eyeing the Effeuillage ring in MOP. I love the delicate, feminine and whimsical nature of the Effeuillage collection... but I am hesitant because this will be slightly out of my comfort zone. I live a very casual lifestyle, and so my jewelry needs to work well with knit sweaters and jeans :smile:

My other jewelry is the Cartier Love 4 diamond, diamond studs and the Tiffany gold charm bracelet. So you can see, very 'everyday' kind of pieces. Also, this will be my first VCA piece :cool:

It's very pretty, but I wonder if I'll get a lot of use out of it.

Also I wonder if it's too whimsical, but then I think... well, if I can't wear a whimsical piece in my 20s, when CAN I wear it, right? Not getting any younger :P

They are very, very sweet and whimsical pieces. If you try it on and LOVE it, go for it. I will say, however, that I think you need to think carefully about what colors you wear regularly and how red would coordinate with them. I bought my DD a pair of sweets in carnelian and she sometimes has difficulty coordinating the red color with her outfits. She reaches for my onyx pair more often. If you wear a lot of red, it could work beautifully.

This ring will totally work with your style of dress and other pieces. This collection, however is not my PERSONAL favorite, as it's a bit too precious for me. I love whimsy, though, and would wear the VCA alhambra butterfly pieces in a hot minute and I wear a Cartier panthere ring most every day. :smile:
I don't mind, and actually quite like VCA heart motifs if they are perhaps a single heart. But maybe it's the cluster of hearts with that center diamond that doesn't quite fit with my own jewelry style. Anyway, what I'm saying is that you're never too old to wear something that really speaks to you if you OWN the look and style it correctly.

The Cartier panthere ring is TDF... I remember trying it on in the boutique. I'm surprised to hear that you wear it so often, because it is quite a statement piece! That's awesome. You're right, it's all about knowing your personal style. I think I'll have to try on the Effeuillage ring again.

I've always been intrigued by these earrings but have yet to purchase them. based on the jewelry that you already own (classic, everyday pieces), have you thought about some vintage alhambra earclips as your first foray into VCA? just a thought :smile: if you're only interested in the ring, I definitely think that it's not too young for you and that you won't outgrow it any time soon. hope that helps!

I admit I breezed by the earrings section of VCA, too distracted by all the motif necklaces and the fancier things haha. I do like how vintage earrings would be more discreet and simple. I wouldn't have to think so hard about how to coordinate my outfit.

Thanks for your input! I'll browse the VCA site a bit more.

They are very, very sweet and whimsical pieces. If you try it on and LOVE it, go for it. I will say, however, that I think you need to think carefully about what colors you wear regularly and how red would coordinate with them. I bought my DD a pair of sweets in carnelian and she sometimes has difficulty coordinating the red color with her outfits. She reaches for my onyx pair more often. If you wear a lot of red, it could work beautifully.

Carnelian is gorgeous in the light, but I agree it takes more thought to dress, particularly on more casual days. I tried on the ring in Carnelian but in the end preferred MOP.

Hmm... you make a good point: Do I LOVE the ring? Maybe not. Maybe I just thought that it was very pretty. Which is a big difference. Thanks for your input hopingoneday, I'll have to stop by the boutique to try the ring on again.

You really need to love the piece.
I worry about the ring catching on things , especially if you wear sweaters.
For your first purchase may I suggest earrings?
There are many beautiful choices.

I didn't think about the ring catching on my sweaters -- you bring up an important point. I already deal with this with my other jewelry... even my hair gets caught in my diamond studs and it drives me nuts.

Have you tried the magic alhambra single motif rings? I love these and they are so chic and timeless. Or for whimsy, look at the turquoise or mop butterfly. Amazing

Thanks so much for all your replies, Greentea. I still haven't had a chance to visit the boutique again... I will keep you girls updated.

I'll do a reveal if I decide to pull the trigger on VCA :smile: Thank you all again for your help!

I know your existing pieces are your statements. Sounds like you want to add a ring or pendant to round out your everyday 'look' and a VCA piece since you already have Tiffany and Cartier. Maybe check out the VCA gold alhambra (or pink gold!) or white gold diamond single motif rings. The MOP is great but there is the worry with hand washing and the like. But a MOP single pendant would be great. Each would look great with your other pieces but be low maintenance in everyday wear.