Does anybody else like logos on bags?

gayboy

*not actually gay* i'm elle
Aug 1, 2013
I always read posts from people who like understated bags without logos on here, but rarely anything from the other side.

I personally like logos, and prefer to buy bags that say the designer on them than otherwise. I'm not really a fan of logos all-over, though, e.g. LV monogram canvas or MK bags that are covered in the MK logo :P

Apart from LV which created their logo at the beginning of the 20th century.... to avoid counterfeits ( yes!) and not to advertise their products like most designers today, I prefer no logo bags.
When I bought my Balenciaga in 2005, no one knew I was carrying a high end bag, no clues whatsover as to the designer's name.
Yet, I got a lot of compliments on it. Believe it or not no one asked me about the brand, my colleagues just loved it.
Balenciaga was one of the first to understand that only the design and the quality of the leather were enough.
On the other hand, a logo is... free advertising....and I refuse to advertise a bag that I already spent so much money on..

I don't mind a discreet label. Something that's done tastefully, is small, and doesn't otherwise take away away from the bag design.

But anything large, be it monogram, or hardware, that I notice first- meaning it's the first thing I see when I look at a bag, is a huge turn off to me.

I like them when the outfit is neutral enough to need a little patterned accent. Otherwise I find it hard to match them to outfits. To me, they are more of a statement piece, and sometimes I like to wear another item that makes a statement, and keep the bag neutral.

I don't mind logos on bags, and I own several. To me, they look more like a pattern from far away. I have a Coach scarf print bag that I love, but you really can't tell that it has those Cs. In all honesty, I'm not sure why people think that they look cheap or someone is trying to show off. Even high end designers like Chanel and Hermes have a logo on their bags.

personally i dont prefer logos... but sometimes i will use logo bags to match the color of my outfit

Lenarmc is right.. even the most expensive brands have its own logo... ie Hermes Constance.. that is one huge "H" buckle

I prefer no logos on a bag but don't mind tiny logos. I just wish they put them in less obvious places.

I don't like obvious logos like the lv bags when you can see the name plastered everywhere.

I think some bags where the name is embossed? But not obvious is nice - hope that makes sense!

personally i dont prefer logos... but sometimes i will use logo bags to match the color of my outfit

Lenarmc is right.. even the most expensive brands have its own logo... ie Hermes Constance.. that is one huge "H" buckle

That ´s the reason why I would 't buy a Constance or a Chanel.....

I like my LV monogram, i have 3 or 4 bags of this. To me it is a kind of neutral. I do have 2 Chanel totes with a pewter look metal CC decoration but I think that's it for logos that I have.

It depends on the bag. If it looks gaudy or tacky (like some MK and Coach bags) then not at all. If it's a cute accent or a modest logo plaque then I'm ok with it. I'm a sucker for nondescript, modest leather bags though.

I have always hated logos, but just recently I found myself attracted to a couple of LV designs that seem to only come in mono, and I still want them despite my consistent distaste of logos. It may be time to re-think my position!

Love hearing everyone's preference. I personally love logos as well as the minimalist look on bags. It just depends on the bag. I don't box myself in to one style. I love them all and have a mix of both in my collection. Some logo designs do look kinda cheesy to me and I don't buy those. But then some are downright hot! If its a hot bag, its a hot bag with or without logos IMO.