Modified Paraty Strap/Reveal

Bisoux78

O.G.
Jul 26, 2012
Finally got the strap shortened on my Navy Paraty today. They charged me $65 to take off 5 inches! *sigh* Oh well, at least now it totally fits my petite frame (I'm 5 feet flat) :happydance:

image_zps3cd87a6a.jpg

image_zps674acd5a.jpg

Looks good on you! I wonder how did they shorten it, did they cut a piece in the middle and reattached it?

Thanks Gem! They actually took off from both of the bottom ends of the strap. I specifically told them not to take it from the middle because I wanted to preserve the flattened mid part of the strap. They did a really good job...I can barely tell that the ends were modified.

For those of you short gals (like me) who are interested in getting their Paraty straps shortened, I had it done at Modern Leather Goods in Manhattan. They specialize in designer handbag repair and restoration. They're also the official repair shop for Samsonite Luggage. Much cheaper and friendlier than the more famous Artbag uptown. HTH

Thanks Gem! They actually took off from both of the bottom ends of the strap. I specifically told them not to take it from the middle because I wanted to preserve the flattened mid part of the strap. They did a really good job...I can barely tell that the ends were modified.

For those of you short gals (like me) who are interested in getting their Paraty straps shortened, I had it done at Modern Leather Goods in Manhattan. They specialize in designer handbag repair and restoration. They're also the official repair shop for Samsonite Luggage. Much cheaper and friendlier than the more famous Artbag uptown. HTH

That's very neat, great find! Thank you for sharing, I may use them to refurb one of my Bottega Veneta bags, they have mail in services http://modernleathergoods.com/?section=services

Is all paraty strap same length? I thought I've read somewhere that someone cannot wear it crossbosy! I just bought a paraty recently. It's also slightly long for me, but it's fine if I wear it crossbosy.

Is all paraty strap same length? I thought I've read somewhere that someone cannot wear it crossbosy! I just bought a paraty recently. It's also slightly long for me, but it's fine if I wear it crossbosy.

I believe the earlier Paraty's had a shorter strap. Mine was from this year so it was super long (for me). I could wear it cross body but the bag itself is too bulky for me to wear it that way.

I just measured my two Paraties' straps
- med Eggplant Paraty (2012) - 34.5"
- med Licorice Paraty (2013) - 34.5"
I'm 5'5, it's perfect length for shoulder, but I don't think it would work as crossbody for me.

I'm 5'2. I also feel mine is a bit long for me. I guess I just have to deal with it :-p

Being short means I constantly have to get a lot of things tailored...lol. This is the first time though that I've had to get a bag altered to "fit" me. I spent all that money on the bag and its just going to sit in a closet coz the strap is too darn long on me? I figured, time to suck it up and get it fixed...I have no intention of selling it in the future anyway so altering it was never an issue.

Last edited: