Dillen 1 or Dillen 2 satchel?

belle_91

O.G.
Nov 25, 2009
Hi lovely ladies, I Have been looking for the perfect satchel style bag and am smitten with the dillen satchel. The photo I saw was of a dillen 1 satchel, which they don't sell anymore :sad:

Here is the photo:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-K2DTjYZVrBk/Td1UsbCqNWI/AAAAAAAAAEE/uQYjT1FeLhQ/s1600/IMG_3534.JPG

So can any of you lovely ladies share the difference between the leather of the dillen 1 and the new dillen bag etc? thanks so much!!! and maybe post pictures of the bag if you own either of them?

Edit: Okay what I am calling the Dillen 2, is called just the Dillen satchel on the Dooney and Bourke website, but it is called the Dillen 2 on ebay.... but here is the bag on dooney and bourke's website.

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=50019&sitex=10020:22372:US

Last edited:
Hi, belle and welcome! I dont own a bag in either leather, but Im sure pretty soon one of the ladies that does will give your their input. It is a really pretty satchel on your picture. Did you try and call one of the Dooney outlets to see if they have it? You can call CT or DE and they will check for you if one is in any of the outlets and if it can be shipped to you.

Hi, belle and welcome! I dont own a bag in either leather, but Im sure pretty soon one of the ladies that does will give your their input. It is a really pretty satchel on your picture. Did you try and call one of the Dooney outlets to see if they have it? You can call CT or DE and they will check for you if one is in any of the outlets and if it can be shipped to you.
I haven't tried calling, its too late at night, but I have looked at dooney's website and on ebay. I'm now trying to decide if the Dillen 1 or Dillen 2 is better, the logos on the dillen 2 are more subtle, but I want to know how the leather compares because it looks so beautiful on the dillen 1!

Humm, I own 2 bags in the Dillen 1 leather and I love them both. It's kinda on the heavy side because the leather is thicker. I'm sorry, that's a great question, and I can't help either because I don't own the Dillen 2... BUT... I'm headed to the outlets tomorrow and will ask the ladies there. Maybe they still have some 1's there that I can compare to the 2 and some differences will stand out for me. Stay tuned. 😃

Humm, I own 2 bags in the Dillen 1 leather and I love them both. It's kinda on the heavy side because the leather is thicker. I'm sorry, that's a great question, and I can't help either because I don't own the Dillen 2... BUT... I'm headed to the outlets tomorrow and will ask the ladies there. Maybe they still have some 1's there that I can compare to the 2 and some differences will stand out for me. Stay tuned. 😃
Thanks so much I really appreciate it!

I have many satchels in this style in both Dillen & Dillen II leather. They are virtually identical except for the pockets on the interior and the logo. The D I has the "old" system with only one cell phone pocket. The leathers vary depending on the particular bag more than the style name.

At one point Dooney re-named Dillen II line into the Dillen line. So what you think is a Dillen bag may be identical to what was a Dillen II before. The old D I line was discontinued long before that happened.

I like the new pocketing system and mostly carry my D II (now just Dillen) Satchels.

Hope this helps a little.

Sue

I have many satchels in this style in both Dillen & Dillen II leather. They are virtually identical except for the pockets on the interior and the logo. The D I has the "old" system with only one cell phone pocket. The leathers vary depending on the particular bag more than the style name.

At one point Dooney re-named Dillen II line into the Dillen line. So what you think is a Dillen bag may be identical to what was a Dillen II before. The old D I line was discontinued long before that happened.

I like the new pocketing system and mostly carry my D II (now just Dillen) Satchels.

Sue
Do you have any pictures of the bags you can post? Thanks!

Sue

Hey Sue!
Wasn't the old Dillen 1 a bit lighter than the Dillen 2?
As far as I remember Dillen 2 was as heavy as the portofinos, but Dillen 1 was a bit lighter. I need to think back to see if I ever got any style form the Dillen 1 collection.

Hi lovely ladies, I Have been looking for the perfect satchel style bag and am smitten with the dillen satchel. The photo I saw was of a dillen 1 satchel, which they don't sell anymore :sad:

Here is the photo:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-K2DTjYZVrBk/Td1UsbCqNWI/AAAAAAAAAEE/uQYjT1FeLhQ/s1600/IMG_3534.JPG

So can any of you lovely ladies share the difference between the leather of the dillen 1 and the new dillen bag etc? thanks so much!!! and maybe post pictures of the bag if you own either of them?

Edit: Okay what I am calling the Dillen 2, is called just the Dillen satchel on the Dooney and Bourke website, but it is called the Dillen 2 on ebay.... but here is the bag on dooney and bourke's website.

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=50019&sitex=10020:22372:US

I am carrying my dillen 2 kelly green satchel today. It holds all of the regular stuff that I carry on a daily basis. It has is 1 interior zip pocket & 3 interior open pockets. The leather is very pebbled & feels substantial yet not heavy. I also like that while there is the logo on the front of the bag it's not intrusive. It was an impulse buy at Marshalls for $129 but I find myself using it several times a week.

Sue

This in so many words is what the SA at the outlet said. No real difference.

Thanks for asking about the bags. I think I am going to get the Dillen 2, just because I can buy it from dooney and bourke's website, now I just need to decided between taupe and sand!

Ok great!!

I toggled between those tie colors too a couple weeks ago when I picked up my large Dillen Satchel. Both are beautiful colors but I went with the Taupe because the Sand had a very slight yellow tint to it and I wanted more mushroomy. Can't wait to see what you decide.

Ok great!!

I toggled between those tie colors too a couple weeks ago when I picked up my large Dillen Satchel. Both are beautiful colors but I went with the Taupe because the Sand had a very slight yellow tint to it and I wanted more mushroomy. Can't wait to see what you decide.
I really wanted a more natural brown color but either they don't make it or it is sold out, because I can't find one anywhere online. Can you post a picture of your taupe? It looks very gray in some photos. Thanks!

I really wanted a more natural brown color but either they don't make it or it is sold out, because I can't find one anywhere online. Can you post a picture of your taupe? It looks very gray in some photos. Thanks!

I actually have a video that I just recorded the other day and another actually revealing the bag. I'm not a computer now to link it but if you Search ThePecanTannedBeauty on YouTube, they should pop up. Let me know if you can't find them and I'll link when I get home. They both show the true color.

To add to the confusion, :biggrin: here is a pebbled leather version of the Dillen satchel in a brown color, but without the contrasting trim. http://www.ilovedooney.com/servlet/the-5835/Dooney-&-Bourke-/Detail#.U-UiUPldU4c

ILoveDooney.com is Dooney & Bourke's online Ebay storefront, so their merchandise comes directly from their warehouse. There are a few Dillen satchels on ILD as well.

Dillard's has the sand in DII... http://www.dillards.com/product/Doo...3604456_zi_sand&categoryId=470&scrollTop=5753