Help me make my final decision (Pics)

Metrowestmama

Lover of Bling
O.G.
Jan 15, 2013
I'm deciding whether to keep my new Dior Granville or sell my Hermes Birkin HAC. (Of course, not on here.) :P

They both seem very similar in look, and if I keep both, I'd have four black bags. (I have a black Lady Dior Soft Tote and a black Chanel Jumbo Caviar Flap.)

Pros and Cons.

• Four black bags vs. more colors
  • Hermes HAC is only hand carry (and sometimes hard to arm carry) but the leather is indestructible!
  • Dior Granville that is all leather (inside and out too), and has the ability to be arm, hand and shoulder carry with the strap.

I do have two Hermes Birkin 35s (though rarely use my Togo version now that I think of it. Love my smoochy Barenia though!!). :happy dance:

Thoughts???

Attachments

• IMG_5137.JPG
    IMG_5137.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5138.JPG
    IMG_5138.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5139.JPG
    IMG_5139.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 156
I'm deciding whether to keep my new Dior Granville or sell my Hermes Birkin HAC. (Of course, not on here.) :P

They both seem very similar in look, and if I keep both, I'd have four black bags. (I have a black Lady Dior Soft Tote and a black Chanel Jumbo Caviar Flap.)

Pros and Cons.

• Four black bags vs. more colors
  • Hermes HAC is only hand carry (and sometimes hard to arm carry) but the leather is indestructible!
  • Dior Granville that is all leather (inside and out too), and has the ability to be arm, hand and shoulder carry with the strap.

If your priority is using the bag then keep the Dior for the reasons you've given but check your instincts to be sure you love it enough to really use it. You already have two other Birkins, one getting limited use, and ... Wow ...we do want to use these amazing bags. Sounds like you'll use the Dior more.

If your priority is using the bag then keep the Dior for the reasons you've given but check your instincts to be sure you love it enough to really use it. You already have two other Birkins, one getting limited use, and ... Wow ...we do want to use these amazing bags. Sounds like you'll use the Dior more.

Hmmm. I think I hear what you are saying. Since the Dior is more functional, that might be a tipping point in favor. I probably would not use it as an everyday bag (jeans, t-shirt, picking up the kids). I'd use my Dior Soft then. But the HAC or this Dior Granville would be a bag that I would use with jeans, heels, a nice blouse, (going shopping, to a casual meeting, lunch with friends) if that explains my use more. (I use my Chanel for 'occasions' since I tend to carry a bit more than the Chanel allows and the smaller profile let's me move around the room more and not worry about a big bag.)

I'm very lucky to have the ability to work and put my money towards my handbag/jewelry obsessions, but I do have to work for them so as you so rightfully put it, we do want to use these bags! :biggrin:

Hmmm. I think I hear what you are saying. Since the Dior is more functional, that might be a tipping point in favor. I probably would not use it as an everyday bag (jeans, t-shirt, picking up the kids). I'd use my Dior Soft then. But the HAC or this Dior Granville would be a bag that I would use with jeans, heels, a nice blouse, (going shopping, to a casual meeting, lunch with friends) if that explains my use more. (I use my Chanel for 'occasions' since I tend to carry a bit more than the Chanel allows and the smaller profile let's me move around the room more and not worry about a big bag.)

I'm very lucky to have the ability to work and put my money towards my handbag/jewelry obsessions, but I do have to work for them so as you so rightfully put it, we do want to use these bags! :biggrin:

First, they are both beautiful bags, and you really can't go wrong with either one. But I have a different suggestion. To combine the function of the Dior, and the beauty and indestructible quality of Hermes, why not trade both bags in and get a Kelly? It fits all the situations you listed above, plus has the shoulder strap for added versatility/carry options. (In the interest of full disclosure, a black Kelly is the next bag on my wish list, so I'm not exactly being objective here!) :P

I like both bags but suppose you sell the Dior and have regrets( it happens) it will be easy to buy another one. I am not sure it will be that easy to find another HAC .....at least at a reasonable price.
Somebody suggested selling both and getting a Kelly, well... Why not?

I would say keep the Dior and sell the hermes. First thing to consider is resale value, selling that birkin could easily get you another 2 bags in a different colour. Secondly is uniqueness, depending on where you live it might not be all that uncommon to see people running around with birkins but carrying a granville will likely stand out more. Also if you already have a birkin in a couple other colours it might be nice to use a different bag in black for your shopping/dinner trips.