Any help is appreciated!

Le0pard

Feb 21, 2014
Hi all,

I recently purchased a corgi pup (he's 9 months old) and when taking him to the vet this morning, I found out that he is a cryptorchid. By saying this, it means that one of his testicles is inside of him (in his abdomen) instead of outside the body. This was not mentioned to me when I purchased him, and the woman said that she "simply decided not to breed him".

Do you think she was aware of this problem and that is the reason she sold him? Should I confront her about it?

Also, if anyone knows of a good vet who neuters puppies with cryptorchid in the Southern California area (more specifically the LA/OC area), I would appreciate it!

Hi all,

I recently purchased a corgi pup (he's 9 months old) and when taking him to the vet this morning, I found out that he is a cryptorchid. By saying this, it means that one of his testicles is inside of him (in his abdomen) instead of outside the body. This was not mentioned to me when I purchased him, and the woman said that she "simply decided not to breed him".

Do you think she was aware of this problem and that is the reason she sold him? Should I confront her about it?

Also, if anyone knows of a good vet who neuters puppies with cryptorchid in the Southern California area (more specifically the LA/OC area), I would appreciate it!

I says it's BS she didn't know about it. Sometimes when they are 6-8 weeks old, the testes pop up and down a bit, but by 9 months she should know, JMO. Have shown dogs and bred a couple litters over the last 20 years and I had a cryptorchid pup and I knew long before 9 months.

It's going to cost more to neuter him due to having to go in the abdomen so if it were me I would ask for some of the cost of the pup to be refunded.

Did she have any kind of written contract and is this situation addressed there (I am guessing not or you wouldn't be posting)

It is not an unusual problem but I do agree a breeder would have known. I would confront her and ask her to pay for the neuter surgery since it will be more. You might want to mention that it would be a shame not to be able to recommend her to others. Most purebred pups come with a 1 year health warranty (horrible to make a living creature sound like a car). Did yours?? If so I would read it over and see what the stipulations are. If not I would ask her to pay for the procedure.

I says it's BS she didn't know about it. Sometimes when they are 6-8 weeks old, the testes pop up and down a bit, but by 9 months she should know, JMO. Have shown dogs and bred a couple litters over the last 20 years and I had a cryptorchid pup and I knew long before 9 months.

It's going to cost more to neuter him due to having to go in the abdomen so if it were me I would ask for some of the cost of the pup to be refunded.

Did she have any kind of written contract and is this situation addressed there (I am guessing not or you wouldn't be posting)

There was no contract, which I definitely regret. Even before the payment was exchanged, my mom wanted to get a contract but I thought I would be okay...

It is not an unusual problem but I do agree a breeder would have known. I would confront her and ask her to pay for the neuter surgery since it will be more. You might want to mention that it would be a shame not to be able to recommend her to others. Most purebred pups come with a 1 year health warranty (horrible to make a living creature sound like a car). Did yours?? If so I would read it over and see what the stipulations are. If not I would ask her to pay for the procedure.

I didn't get him from a breeder, it was off someone who did get him from a breeder, but her contract was breeched by selling him to me

I'm buying a dog which might actually have this same problem. He's 15 weeks now. If he really has this problem the breeder needs to refund 1/3 of the price when the dog turns one. That's how these kinds of things are handled in my country.

My dog has this problem. He is currently 18 months old and I haveny had him neutured yet.

Normally I'd say get that testicle outta there as it has a higher chance of becoming cancerous, but if I recall, your dog is a lil' bitty guy right? So surgery is a big deal, right? Maybe if he ever, God forbid needs some surgery that could be done at the same time.

Normally I'd say get that testicle outta there as it has a higher chance of becoming cancerous, but if I recall, your dog is a lil' bitty guy right? So surgery is a big deal, right? Maybe if he ever, God forbid needs some surgery that could be done at the same time.

Yea he is tiny. 5lbs (he cheatz sometimes during the weigh ins and takes 2 paws off the scale). Ill consult the vet. I really postponed it due to mainly financial reasons. But now that im able to properly care for my munchkin, I want to do whats best. :smile: