what card do you use for your Chanel purchases?

tinyturtle

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
my credit card gives me a guaranteed 1% back on all my purchases and sometimes up to 5%, but that's on gas and restaurants. i don't think i'm getting the best deal out of my chanel purchases. how do you finance your Chanel purchases?

I have a credit card that gives 3% cash back on most department stores, so I try to purchase at a Chanel within a Neiman Marcus/Saks/Bloomingdales.

This seems to be a great card, would you mind sharing a little more information about this card?

saksfirst cc :smile: diamond members receive 6pts per dollar...amazing deal when its double or even triple pts :smile:

This is also my preference, but it is often difficult to coordinate the double/triple pts event with the Chanel stock at the store (if you have a particular bag in mind).

This seems to be a great card, would you mind sharing a little more information about this card?

It's American Express Blue Cash Preferred - there is an annual fee ($75), but you get 6% back on groceries, 3% back from "select" department stores and gas, and 1% back on everything else. The card fits my lifestyle well and I think it's worth it even with the fee! Sorry to sound like an advert - but I love this card!!!

3% is great! Do you get to pick your "select department stores"? Or do they change from time to time?

I use Barclaycard...it gives 2% cash back....plus you get 10% back when you redeem your points for travel. I love this card.
You also get $400 sign up bonus.

It's American Express Blue Cash Preferred - there is an annual fee ($75), but you get 6% back on groceries, 3% back from "select" department stores and gas, and 1% back on everything else. The card fits my lifestyle well and I think it's worth it even with the fee! Sorry to sound like an advert - but I love this card!!!

+1 my go to everyday card now!! currently I use amex blue cash preferred, barclays (2x), and if the dept store is having promotions, dept store credit card.

Best I know, it's fixed and doesn't change time to time (I've had this card for several years). It's a pretty decent list (includes NM, Saks, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Macy's Lord and Taylor). Unfortunately it does not include Barney's. The cash back is nice and never expires, and you can redeem it as you please -- I let it accumulate and then use it to offset big purchases (often Chanel...) Very timely thread because I am going to the boutique after work to pick up a Jumbo! :smile:

3% is great! Do you get to pick your "select department stores"? Or do they change from time to time?

I use Barclaycard...it gives 2% cash back....plus you get 10% back when you redeem your points for travel. I love this card.

Wow!!!

3% is better than NM's card.

Saks has a lot of double or triple events so you can get up to 12 or 18% back if you are platinum or above members during these events. Plus they sometimes are having extra bonus points.

So far I have been lucky to time my Chanel purchases with some double/triple events. Sometimes you can do is to place location order to pull from warehouse or other stores before pre-sale. My Saks SA is usually able to help me this way and also give me heads up for these events so we can work on my wish list. Plus he gets more commission by helping me out. He is a bad influence though!

But thanks for the tip! This sounds like an awesome credit card to have!

Best I know, it's fixed and doesn't change time to time (I've had this card for several years). It's a pretty decent list (includes NM, Saks, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Macy's Lord and Taylor). Unfortunately it does not include Barney's. The cash back is nice and never expires, and you can redeem it as you please -- I let it accumulate and then use it to offset big purchases (often Chanel...) Very timely thread because I am going to the boutique after work to pick up a Jumbo! :smile: