MY FIRST EVER CLASSIC FLAP: can't decide plz help :(

Lady_Dana

Nov 10, 2011
Hello lovely TPFers 😘
So i finally made a decision to go for a classic flap i learnt my lesson after the recent price increase! I should've bought it while i was in london instead of contemplating 😡 oh well.. 😩
Anyways, i'm really torn between Reissue 227 black with GHW ( is it the same size of jumbo?) or a black lambskin jumbo with GHW ( I LOVE LAMBSKIN) I've eliminated caviar option cuz i really don't like caviar.
I really love the classic flap but i honestly got fed up of seeing almost 6 out of 10 women carrying this bag. I mean don't get me wrong i absolutley adore the reissue flap.

But i just can't decide which one i should buy, i'm scared to go for lambskin cuz my friend had a CF and her bag got torn even though she took good care of it 💔 and i'm not sure whether the reissue will hold its shape in the long run. and it's very hard to decide cuz we don't have chanel boutique in my country.

My brother is travelling to the US next week i'll ask him to get it for me.

I want a bag that would hold its shape and hold its value in the long term, i don't like flimsy bags.

What do you suggest?
And how much is the reissue and classic flap in the US? Is there any VAT?

Thank you very much in advance for your help
I look forward to reading your suggestions ❤️

Hello lovely TPFers 😘
So i finally made a decision to go for a classic flap i learnt my lesson after the recent price increase! I should've bought it while i was in london instead of contemplating 😡 oh well.. 😩
Anyways, i'm really torn between Reissue 227 black with GHW ( is it the same size of jumbo?) or a black lambskin jumbo with GHW ( I LOVE LAMBSKIN) I've eliminated caviar option cuz i really don't like caviar.
I really love the classic flap but i honestly got fed up of seeing almost 6 out of 10 women carrying this bag. I mean don't get me wrong i absolutley adore the reissue flap.

But i just can't decide which one i should buy, i'm scared to go for lambskin cuz my friend had a CF and her bag got torn even though she took good care of it 💔 and i'm not sure whether the reissue will hold its shape in the long run. and it's very hard to decide cuz we don't have chanel boutique in my country.

My brother is travelling to the US next week i'll ask him to get it for me.

I want a bag that would hold its shape and hold its value in the long term, i don't like flimsy bags.

What do you suggest?
And how much is the reissue and classic flap in the US? Is there any VAT?

Thank you very much in advance for your help
I look forward to reading your suggestions ❤️
I had the exact same problem just a few days ago was completely unsure of what bag to get. Honestly I recommend you get the classic flap as I'm sure you'll want another bag from chanel in the near future and for your second you can get the reissue

I have a jumbo and reissue 227 and i get a lot more use out of reissue because it's so much lighter and has more room than the jumbo. The reissue is more under the radar which can be a bonus. Also I can wear the reissue single or double strap or cross body but the jumbo only double strap as otherwise the chain is just too long (I'm 5'5) But the jumbo can be quite a looker and get a lot of attention! Good luck!

I would get the classic flap. The classic flap bags are quite structured and don't feel at all flimsy. Black lambskin really is beautiful to look at and to the touch.

Hands down 2.55 reissue flap. It is classic and timeless, plus it is so light weight compare to jumbo classic flap! If you can only choose one, go for the 2.55 reissue. However, I would suggest choose size 226 instead of 227, as you can easily transform the bag from Day to Night.
Current US price for 226 is $5500, but I don't know anything about VAT. Good luck with your decision.

I have the jumbo classic and I just recently got the reissue 226 black on black..i have to say it is just simply amazing..i would definitely go for the reissue, they are so light and not as structured. Good luck!

Reissue 227 is now 6000 and jumbo is 5500. Reissues are pretty lightweight but I don't think they are flimsy. They are both classics so they should hold their values better than seasonal bags but based on my limited observation, it seems reissues have a lower resell value compared to classic flaps on some of the major online reseller sites.

I have a Classic Jumbo and a Reissue 226. The Jumbo is stunning while the Reissue is so elegant and classy. To me, the 226 is more versatile and I personally reach for it more than the Jumbo. Good Luck!

Both are beautiful classics! I would put aside some of the cons you mentioned and go with the one that you love! You mentioned you LOVE lambskin and for the price of the bag you should definitely get the one that makes your heart sing😊. Good luck deciding.

I had the exact same problem just a few days ago was completely unsure of what bag to get. Honestly I recommend you get the classic flap as I'm sure you'll want another bag from chanel in the near future and for your second you can get the reissue

Ahh unfortunately i think this will be my only classic flap as i just can't justify the price given the deteriorating quality 😣 i'd much rather start buying Hermes bags after i buy this very last Chanel bag 😁 thank you dear for your help ❤️❤️

I have a jumbo and reissue 227 and i get a lot more use out of reissue because it's so much lighter and has more room than the jumbo. The reissue is more under the radar which can be a bonus. Also I can wear the reissue single or double strap or cross body but the jumbo only double strap as otherwise the chain is just too long (I'm 5'5) But the jumbo can be quite a looker and get a lot of attention! Good luck!

Thank you so much dear ❤️ is the 227 size the same as jumbo or maxi? Cuz i like the jumbo size i don't mind it if it was a tad bit smaller as well. And did ur reissue lose its structure or shape yet??

Well i agree about seeing tons of women with the classic flap . The reissue 227 is a besutiful bag that you definitely won't see as often=) I would go for that one . And then switching over to hermes?? Yes yes and yes lol. I might end up doing the same thing.

I would get the classic flap. The classic flap bags are quite structured and don't feel at all flimsy. Black lambskin really is beautiful to look at and to the touch.

Ahhh yess lambskin melts my heart 😍 i LOVE the puffiness and smoothness of it 😍 unfortunately my woc isn't smooth nor puffy enough for my liking LOL 😂

Hands down 2.55 reissue flap. It is classic and timeless, plus it is so light weight compare to jumbo classic flap! If you can only choose one, go for the 2.55 reissue. However, I would suggest choose size 226 instead of 227, as you can easily transform the bag from Day to Night.
Current US price for 226 is $5500, but I don't know anything about VAT. Good luck with your decision.

Thank you very much for your helpful input dear ❤️!!