Would you let go of a classic to fund a reissue?

Wittygirl

@wittygirl
O.G.
Nov 26, 2011
Hello tpf'ers. I've been bitten by the 2.55 (Reissue) bug ever since I got my red 227 recently. It's durable, lightweight and understated.
I have a beige caviar jumbo, a black medium boy and black m/l lambskin.
Out of my 4 I've had my m/l the longest and used it the least! The others have been worn a lot but I only wore my m/l less than 5 times! I find it too small for the day (even though my boy bag is fine) and only wear it for special occasions, where I think I could use a clutch instead. I do love it, it's my first chanel, so feel sad about letting it go but I think I would get a lot more use from a reissue 226 in black.
There will be a huge price jump after selling the m/l and purchasing the reissue.
What would you do in this situation? I can save up and just get the reissue eventually but still feel funny about having a bag I've had for more than 2 years and hardly ever used.
Thanks!

I would definitely sell a classic to buy a reissue but that's just me. There is no point of a bag sitting in your closet just looking pretty. I love my reissue..

Agree :smile:

Im also contemplating selling my red lambskin m/l classic flap for a red 226 reissue! Haven't seen one yet so I'm holding on. Though the red classic is gorg, I find myself getting more use out of my 225 reissue.

I would sell it. If you don't use it what's the point of having it? Get what you love. I actually prefer the reissue better. They are more understated and not so common where I live.

My every day bag is the reissue 227. It's roomy enough for my essentials and like what you have said, it's durable, lightweight and understated. I hardly use my m/l too but since it's my first Chanel bag, I'm not letting her go for sentimental reasons. Follow your heart, the price for classics will only go up up and up. You might wanna hang on to it and save a little longer for the reissue.. Or, just let her go and top up the difference.

if you don't get much use out of it, i say sell it! get something you will use and love.

as an aside, ladies who get more use out of the reissue than med/large flap...why is the reissue more practical for you? i've never owned one, but now i'm super interested!

I'd say yes to selling the flap - if it mostly sits in the box collecting dust then it would be better to part ways with it and put the income towards a new reissue that you know you will love!

Hello tpf'ers. I've been bitten by the 2.55 (Reissue) bug ever since I got my red 227 recently. It's durable, lightweight and understated.
I have a beige caviar jumbo, a black medium boy and black m/l lambskin.
Out of my 4 I've had my m/l the longest and used it the least! The others have been worn a lot but I only wore my m/l less than 5 times! I find it too small for the day (even though my boy bag is fine) and only wear it for special occasions, where I think I could use a clutch instead. I do love it, it's my first chanel, so feel sad about letting it go but I think I would get a lot more use from a reissue 226 in black.
There will be a huge price jump after selling the m/l and purchasing the reissue.
What would you do in this situation? I can save up and just get the reissue eventually but still feel funny about having a bag I've had for more than 2 years and hardly ever used.
Thanks!
Totally get why you're thinking of letting your m/l classic go cuz just got my first reissue too. If you don't get your money's worth, let it go. I got the 227 size cuz want the room like a jumbo but cost me $6000. But I believe I will get so much use out of it, went for it. You thinking about getting in ghw if boy hw is rhuthenium? What size?

Wow, a lot of love for the reissue here! Great! I feel better about letting go of it now, I'd love to keep her for sentimental reasons but all my bags needs to be used and she just isn't.
First stage is the sale and getting the funds; it will probably have to ve consignment as I am wary of ebay risks for a high value item.
Then probably the black 226 with gold or ruthenium hw :smile:

Get rid of it and get your reissue and enjoy!! :smile: Also.. its not like you dont have the jumbo so you have one flap down, one boy and the reissue style covered. Great collection all bases done!!