My search is over....I think?

London 411

O.G.
Aug 1, 2009
Okay ladies...I think we have all been here. Spending way too many hours searching for our next true love....will she be green, leather, suede? A shoulder bag? Tote bag? Crossbody? Prada, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Jimmy Choo?

I have been absolutely engrossed in finding my next handbag. The laundry has piled up, the dog needs to be fed (ok, I've been feeding my dog), the grass needs to be mowed, I need to wash my hair. I have been searching the internet, and I'm not joking, for about 2 weeks looking for my next handbag. Wow...I am so glad it is over! I can have my life back!

I am so thankful for this forum, because without it, I would never make a decision. I got to see all of the handbags I was considering being modeled, reviewed, hated and loved. It was wonderful.

I don't know how many times I had my finger on the "Buy It Now" button and hesitated.

Well, my search is over....hopefully. I did find a bag...and I did buy it...and I am so glad I did...based on the reviews I read here. I actually did not send it in for authentication because I have bothered those poor ladies enough and this bag is coming from Ann's Fabulous Finds so I feel confident there.

I would just love to hear from you guys...all of the posts on this particular bag are so old. Anyone out there who still has it? Or had it and can tell me what you thought? Or just anyone who wants to comment on Marc Jacobs or this bag. I would love to read your thoughts while waiting for the bag to arrive!!

I am just too excited...I don't know if it is because I finally found a bag I think I will love...or because I can finally shower. (okay...I have been bathing...just trying to be dramatic for emphasis)

Anyway...here she is...on the website...will do photos once she arrives....my Marc Jacobs Ruffled Dome Hillary...in black...I have NEVER owned a black handbag....gulp! I wanted to be different this time instead of always going for brown...even though there was a brown one available and it was gorgeous! Ah! I've read that photos of this bag don't do it justice...it is so much better in person. And I am counting on this...the photos of the bag are nice...the leather just doesn't look scrumptious...but I've read it is on this bag! Any comments would be SO appreciated!!

Attachments

• ruff 2.jpeg
    ruff 2.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 439
  • ruff.jpeg
    ruff.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 435
Okay ladies...I think we have all been here. Spending way too many hours searching for our next true love....will she be green, leather, suede? A shoulder bag? Tote bag? Crossbody? Prada, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Jimmy Choo?

I have been absolutely engrossed in finding my next handbag. The laundry has piled up, the dog needs to be fed (ok, I've been feeding my dog), the grass needs to be mowed, I need to wash my hair. I have been searching the internet, and I'm not joking, for about 2 weeks looking for my next handbag. Wow...I am so glad it is over! I can have my life back!

I am so thankful for this forum, because without it, I would never make a decision. I got to see all of the handbags I was considering being modeled, reviewed, hated and loved. It was wonderful.

I don't know how many times I had my finger on the "Buy It Now" button and hesitated.

Well, my search is over....hopefully. I did find a bag...and I did buy it...and I am so glad I did...based on the reviews I read here. I actually did not send it in for authentication because I have bothered those poor ladies enough and this bag is coming from Ann's Fabulous Finds so I feel confident there.

I would just love to hear from you guys...all of the posts on this particular bag are so old. Anyone out there who still has it? Or had it and can tell me what you thought? Or just anyone who wants to comment on Marc Jacobs or this bag. I would love to read your thoughts while waiting for the bag to arrive!!

I am just too excited...I don't know if it is because I finally found a bag I think I will love...or because I can finally shower. (okay...I have been bathing...just trying to be dramatic for emphasis)

Anyway...here she is...on the website...will do photos once she arrives....my Marc Jacobs Ruffled Dome Hillary...in black...I have NEVER owned a black handbag....gulp! I wanted to be different this time instead of always going for brown...even though there was a brown one available and it was gorgeous! Ah! I've read that photos of this bag don't do it justice...it is so much better in person. And I am counting on this...the photos of the bag are nice...the leather just doesn't look scrumptious...but I've read it is on this bag! Any comments would be SO appreciated!!
It's a beautiful bag, love the tassel and ruffle flair. I love the quality of the leather of Marc Jacobs bags. I have the Classic Q Francesca in black and gunmetal, love the softness and durability of the bags. I have carried them frequently for the past 3 years and they still look like new. I also condition them with Appleguard Conditioner once or twice a year to prevent any dryness/cracking of the leather, and I sprayed both with Appleguard Rain & Stain Repellent. They hold up beautiful in any kind of weather. Hope you will be happy with your new beauty when it arrives! You can see my black bag, post #2930:
http://forum.purseblog.com/dooney-a...-up-your-non-dooney-favorites-795651-196.html

and the gunmetal post #2731:
http://forum.purseblog.com/dooney-a...-up-your-non-dooney-favorites-795651-183.html

It's a beautiful bag, love the tassel and ruffle flair. I love the quality of the leather of Marc Jacobs bags. I have the Classic Q Francesca in black and gunmetal, love the softness and durability of the bags. I have carried them frequently for the past 3 years and they still look like new. I also condition them with Appleguard Conditioner once or twice a year to prevent any dryness/cracking of the leather, and I sprayed both with Appleguard Rain & Stain Repellent. They hold up beautiful in any kind of weather. Hope you will be happy with your new beauty when it arrives! You can see my black bag, post #2930:
http://forum.purseblog.com/dooney-a...-up-your-non-dooney-favorites-795651-196.html

and the gunmetal post #2731:
http://forum.purseblog.com/dooney-a...-up-your-non-dooney-favorites-795651-183.html
Oh goodness...if my bag's leather looks as good as your bag's leather I will be over-the-moon! And I will definitely order myself some Appleguard! Thank you!:roflmfao:

It is such a unique piece and I am with you on hunting for that perfect handbag. I am a newbie to MJ and thank goodness for all the lovely ladies here on PF, I was able to score my new to me MJ mini Stam and Large Single. I have not used them as they arrived last week and I'll love to treat them prior to using. The key is.... I love everything about MJ bags, the leather, the quilting, hardware and classic design. It sure looks like something that will last a long time. Congratulations on your find and you know we are waiting for that reveal!

It looks so pretty! I hope you will like it when you get it. I am also new to the MJ line though I have 1 MbMJ satchel from last year and have been eyeing MbMJ Natasha for a few months now. I just got my mini Stam a few weeks back and I love it! There are still a lot of MJs that really interest me. What you got sure is gorgeous and unique looking!

Oh, and just in case you love it so much that it warrants a companion (which I highly suspect so), I thought I saw the same bag on Ann's Fabulous Finds, in burgundy!
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I did see the other one. I actually bought the black one on Ann's. It was so hard deciding which color to get. I went for the black one because I was just ready for a change. I have carried exclusively brown bags for so long I really needed a change.

There seem to be a lot of newbies to Marc Jacobs....that is awesome! I am so used to scouring all of the other, more popular (for lack of a better word), designer bags that I was a little hesitant when I found an MJ bag that I loved. I will definitely do a reveal when she gets here and let everyone know my thoughts on the bag!

It looks so pretty! I hope you will like it when you get it. I am also new to the MJ line though I have 1 MbMJ satchel from last year and have been eyeing MbMJ Natasha for a few months now. I just got my mini Stam a few weeks back and I love it! There are still a lot of MJs that really interest me. What you got sure is gorgeous and unique looking!
Well I'd say you definitely like MJ if you are starting to collect bags in his line! This gives me confidence!! I actually, a very long time ago (I had forgotten all about it), purchased a Marc by Marc Jacobs bag...it was very nice. And if it is supposed to be their "cheaper" line than I don't know how I will not love the feel of this bag!

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I did see the other one. I actually bought the black one on Ann's. It was so hard deciding which color to get. I went for the black one because I was just ready for a change. I have carried exclusively brown bags for so long I really needed a change.

There seem to be a lot of newbies to Marc Jacobs....that is awesome! I am so used to scouring all of the other, more popular (for lack of a better word), designer bags that I was a little hesitant when I found an MJ bag that I loved. I will definitely do a reveal when she gets here and let everyone know my thoughts on the bag!

I bought my large singles from Ann's too. Black is a staple and you won't go wrong. You will love your new bag! I have been scouring other brands too and very happy to have found MJ. Looking forward to your reveal!

I bought my large singles from Ann's too. Black is a staple and you won't go wrong. You will love your new bag! I have been scouring other brands too and very happy to have found MJ. Looking forward to your reveal!
Thank you! I really hope I will love black...I think I will.

It's funny, I always choose brown and this time I went for black. Almost all of the comments I have found in this forum are about how beautiful the brown bag is in this style....what's a girl to do. I'm still glad I decided to be different than my normal self.

The bag is due to arrive tomorrow!! I will try and do a reveal by the end of the week!

Thank you! I really hope I will love black...I think I will.

It's funny, I always choose brown and this time I went for black. Almost all of the comments I have found in this forum are about how beautiful the brown bag is in this style....what's a girl to do. I'm still glad I decided to be different than my normal self.

The bag is due to arrive tomorrow!! I will try and do a reveal by the end of the week!

When I was in my twenties, I almost only carry black bags so I know how you feel. Now, in my thirties, I adore color. I am positive you will love your new black bag. Change is always good! :smile:

Well...the bag arrived today....and it is already on it's way back. : (

It just wasn't quite what I was expecting...and the handles were very itchy. My search continues....thank you ladies for all of your support! : )

Well...the bag arrived today....and it is already on it's way back. : (

It just wasn't quite what I was expecting...and the handles were very itchy. My search continues....thank you ladies for all of your support! : )
Oh so sorry it did not work out, such a beautiful and unique looking bag. Have you ever considered the MBMJ Fran tote? It is a smaller version of the Francesca which I have, and the leather as you can see on the pic is wonderful!!! The Soft Saddle Hobo is also nice.....!!! Lots of MJ bag styles on Saks web site if you are interested.

Last edited:
Oh so sorry it did not work out, such a beautiful and unique looking bag. Have you ever considered the MBMJ Fran tote? It is a smaller version of the Francesca which I have, and the leather as you can see on the pic is wonderful!!! The Soft Saddle Hobo is also nice.....!!! Lots of MJ bag styles on Saks web site if you are interested.
I am so glad that Ann's has such an easy return policy. Those bags you mentioned are very pretty but I think I need to have patience and keep looking for the Balenciaga Sapphire that I have been searching for. I've been wanting this bag for a while and I think I just got too impatient. Ugh. I seem to fall in love with the hard-to-find ones.