Keychain / Extender Stuck - HELP!

pursesilly

Jul 19, 2011
I recently acquired two pre-loved keychain / pochette extenders that have the clip on one end and the c-ring on the other. All the parts seem hard to move. I really think they need some sort of lubrication, but I'm afraid to try anything for fear that I will ruin the gold finish. I've tried just working them back and forth, but this doesn't seem to help. Any and all ideas for making these work smoothly are welcome.

Thanks

I recently acquired two pre-loved keychain / pochette extenders that have the clip on one end and the c-ring on the other. All the parts seem hard to move. I really think they need some sort of lubrication, but I'm afraid to try anything for fear that I will ruin the gold finish. I've tried just working them back and forth, but this doesn't seem to help. Any and all ideas for making these work smoothly are welcome.

Thanks
I have never heard of this and would bring them to LV to have a check, maybe they could fix it in a minute ....

Thanks
I just had the same problem a few weeks ago. The extender looked as if it had never been used and wouldn't budge. Finally, another customer with very strong hands was able to make it move. I was going to try WD 40 or olive oil on mine, but I was finally able to get a better grip on it once I attached it to my pochette. Are you pushing the Y part of the circle end in as you try to rotate?

I just had the same problem a few weeks ago. The extender looked as if it had never been used and wouldn't budge. Finally, another customer with very strong hands was able to make it move. I was going to try WD 40 or olive oil on mine, but I was finally able to get a better grip on it once I attached it to my pochette. Are you pushing the Y part of the circle end in as you try to rotate?
Actually this is a vintage extender and doesn't have the separate y part. The circle part simply moves to close the C opening. I was able to get it open, but not closed again. I might try a little olive oil. That seems like it would be less harmful that stuff with chemicals in it.

I wish I were close to a LV store, but the closest is over 2 hours away.

I've used dish liquid mixed with a bit of water on my vintage extender. Then I just jiggled it and opened it and closed it a few times to get the liquid inside.​