Coach may be going Insane...

weibandy

O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Take a look at the coach website....Wild Things......

There is a film there, kinda like...I don't know how to characterize it. Except one thing for sure, it makes me love the new Brooklyn even more.

Let me know what you think....

I have been seeing this mask thing on Instagram. I don't understand the aesthetic they want to create, so I am having a hard time feeling it at all. It feels like they are trying too hard maybe?

At first I didn't like the aesthetic Vevers chose for his first Coach show, but then it grew on me.. but it always felt like it had purpose and it went well with the bags.

This seems a little off in my opinion.

Take a look at the coach website....Wild Things......

There is a film there, kinda like...I don't know how to characterize it. Except one thing for sure, it makes me love the new Brooklyn even more.

Let me know what you think....

obviously the video did it's job, it made you interested in the product so I guess there marketing scheme worked.

Odd. Maybe they spent too much on Karlie Kloss and Liu Wen and are trying to save money by hiring less expensive models and covering their faces? Just kidding. No clue what the heck is up with that, but I spent more time looking at the strange mask, and have a stronger memory of them, than the bags themselves, actually.

Odd. Maybe they spent too much on Karlie Kloss and Liu Wen and are trying to save money by hiring less expensive models and covering their faces? Just kidding. No clue what the heck is up with that, but I spent more time looking at the strange mask, and have a stronger memory of them, than the bags themselves, actually.

I give them credit for taking risk. It does set them apart and kinda punch up the Coach image. I watched the film three times and showed my DH (who really didn't get it :smile:

But i do want that Brooklyn......

The video was cute and I couldn't help but notice that the colors of the animal heads matches the colors of the bags available. I'm really wanting to see them in person, and the smallest size is the cutest! Black is my safest choice but that purple!

I'm sorry, but I think the masks and the video are dumb. That being said, it fits right in with their Coach math and their logic for banning people from FOS.

I'm buying handbags and accessories, not masks.....but to each their own.

I think the video is the dumbest thing I've seen in awhile. It's trying too hard to be avant-garde and edgy and just comes off as silly.

Those bird/creature-head thingies are now in the display windows of some of the stores. I was talking to one of the managers about it and she was telling me each one is hand-crafted, took hundreds of dollars to make, and that she was so nervous while putting them up because of how much her management stressed their expense to her.

I hadn't seen the video on the website before walking into the store, and I just saw these "wild things" on the heads of the mannequins. Very weird.

The video distracts from the products. What are they selling again? :giggles:

I'm sorry, but I think the masks and the video are dumb. That being said, it fits right in with their Coach math and their logic for banning people from FOS.

I'm buying handbags and accessories, not masks.....but to each their own.
Coach be insane for a longggggg time. Wow. Just what I was gonna say any not buying mask but buyin the bags instead. They could have Superwoman the model. I dont care!!! Just care about the bags.

Not my cup of tea...

I hope it sells lots of bags and shoes but it seems gimmicky and tacky to me. it doesn't make me want to rush into the store, which is what marketing is supposed to do. I really don't like this new direction and products at all.

I am born and raised in Brooklyn. I live in Brooklyn. My ancestors settled here in 1919. Three generations of my family have lived in Brooklyn and it is my hood. I love the new Brooklyn bag for its functionality and clean looks. I will have to have one as it really fits my lifestyle - I mostly carry totes and messenger crossbody bags. I don't care for the masks on the models in the video but the Manhattan skyline shown from DUMBO Brooklyn is fantastic.
Loving all of the Brooklyn bags.