Celine Tie Bag in Smooth Tan or Celine Trapeze?

Which should be my one and only 'go to' weekend bag? I can only have 1!

• Celine Tie Bag in Smooth Tan Leather, white stitching

• Celine Classic Box in Tan

• Celine Trapeze in Tricolor/Navy/Brown suede/Black/Gold hardware

• Chloe Marcie Hobo Medium in Nut

• Celine Tie Bag in Pebbled Leather- Dark Green

Results are only viewable after voting.

stella11

Apr 8, 2013
I have just purchased the Celine Tie Bag from Fashionphile https://www.fashionphile.com/CELINE-Natural-Calfskin-Small-Tie-Knot-Tote-Tan-56324# in tan smooth leather with white stitching. It has some scratches on the front but still in gorgeous condition otherwise. It went on sale today for another 10% off, at @ $2550 so I jumped on it!

However, I need some help figuring out if this is going to be my one and only Celine bag. (I haven't the budget for 2!) I also recently purchased the Chloe Marcie Medium Hobo in Nut, and have considered the Trapeze and Classic Box for more versatility/shoulder strap versus the tie bag.

What are your thoughts? Vote? I cannot use the tie bag for work as it does not 'fit' into my position. This is a weekend only bag. Is the tie too large? I'm 5'3" 126 lbs.

Thanks!!

I think it's definitely large and heavy for a weekend only bag. I'm about your size and have a tie like this that I love, but it's not practical. Especially since at least in my case, for the weekend I want ease.

edited to add: If I could only have one I'd get a celine box or trapeze as they have shoulder and crossbody options. I love handhelds but not for a weekend when I am out and about and going from place to place.

I think it's definitely large and heavy for a weekend only bag. I'm about your size and have a tie like this that I love, but it's not practical. Especially since at least in my case, for the weekend I want ease.

edited to add: If I could only have one I'd get a celine box or trapeze as they have shoulder and crossbody options. I love handhelds but not for a weekend when I am out and about and going from place to place.
Thanks so much. Yes- I'm a fan of the shoulder strap/versatility. The classic box is beautiful- but does it have adjustable straps? It does not appear so but I cannot imagine it would not. I usually see it worn long (celeb photos)

Thanks so much. Yes- I'm a fan of the shoulder strap/versatility. The classic box is beautiful- but does it have adjustable straps? It does not appear so but I cannot imagine it would not. I usually see it worn long (celeb photos)

It does actually! The strap is entirely removable and has several hole options for length. Be warned though, it's kind of a puzzle to figure out how to move it around at first, we even had a thread here years ago when they first came out about that.

If you can only have one it's really about deciding what is more useful to you as a weekend bag as they are really different size-wise. You have to think about if you need to carry a lot or a little.

It does actually! The strap is entirely removable and has several hole options for length. Be warned though, it's kind of a puzzle to figure out how to move it around at first, we even had a thread here years ago when they first came out about that.

If you can only have one it's really about deciding what is more useful to you as a weekend bag as they are really different size-wise. You have to think about if you need to carry a lot or a little.
Good points. Trapeze seems to have a bit more room. I can fit most things in the classic box outside of sunglasses (in their case). Hmmm. I think I'm steering away from the tie for my first purchase. Ty!

I have just purchased the Celine Tie Bag from Fashionphile https://www.fashionphile.com/CELINE-Natural-Calfskin-Small-Tie-Knot-Tote-Tan-56324# in tan smooth leather with white stitching. It has some scratches on the front but still in gorgeous condition otherwise. It went on sale today for another 10% off, at @ $2550 so I jumped on it!

However, I need some help figuring out if this is going to be my one and only Celine bag. (I haven't the budget for 2!) I also recently purchased the Chloe Marcie Medium Hobo in Nut, and have considered the Trapeze and Classic Box for more versatility/shoulder strap versus the tie bag.

What are your thoughts? Vote? I cannot use the tie bag for work as it does not 'fit' into my position. This is a weekend only bag. Is the tie too large? I'm 5'3" 126 lbs.

Thanks!!
I prefer Tie to Trapeze but after reading your post, I voted for trapeze as well. Totally agree with mundoldabolsa.

I did end up canceling it and someone else jumped on it! Maybe from this forum! :smile: It was a good deal...if I had an extra $2.5 hanging around for another purse. Yes- I'm leaning toward the trapeze. Thanks so much!