Im very depressed =*o(

SilverSea

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
Sorry for the post I just really need to vent. I moved to New England and I have no friends out here. I have no friends to hang out with or talk too. What makes it worse is that I don't talk to any of my family members. It's a long story but basically they were ruining my life and are still trying too. They are all toxic people that I had to cut out.

I feel so lonely and depressed. I wake up every morning hoping it will be better and it's just not.:crybaby: I just feel like crying all the time because I keep everything bottled up.

Again I appolagize for the long post. I just needed to get this off my chest because I feel like im carrying around a ton of bricks.:crybaby: Thanks for listening.

***hugs***to you! i hope you'll feel better soon. maybe you can arrange to meet up with other new england tpf-er? meeting new people with common interests might cheer you up?

I am sorry you are feeling bad. I know how you feel. I just moved myself too and have had to meet new people as well. It is so hard to start again. There were a few days when I first came that I sat in bed all day crying for no apparent reason. Then I got out, found a couple of places to volunteer (museum, homeless shelter) and joined a church. I have met some very nice people that way and I am feeling better.

It will get better.

:flowers:

SilverSea, first of all, that's not a long post :smile: So sorry to read your story. I can empathise with you in a way because due to my shyness and reserve in real life, I have very very few friends so I have an inkling how you must be feeling. You're among friends here so rant all you like!

New England is rich with history, gorgeous parks, and plenty of things to do. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go and enjoy New England. Take a drive, go to an art museum- take a class there are so many ways to meet people but you have to make the effort.
Wake up tomorrow morning and take a walk in the park and tell yourself its a new day!!...

I'm so sorry you're feeling this despair. Moving is very stressful and it takes time to make friends. Some of us have a harder time than others when it comes to meeting people (It's hard for me, so I empathize with you)

I don't know your background; did you move for a job? Are there any volunteer opportunities where you live? Is it possible to talk to a therapist for a few sessions? It sounds as though this is seriously troubling and maybe you need some extra help getting through it.

Best wishes!

SilverSea- Where are you & did anybody move w/ you?

Are you working or going to school?

I'm so sorry that you're bummed. I have totally been there! (more than once). Let me know if there is anything I can do. I'm here to chat, atleast!

That sucks about your family. I'm sorry to hear that you're down right now. Try to focus on the positive, you have people here who will listen. Also now that the weather is getting better (I hope!) enjoy some outdoors and sunshine. It's a great way to meet some new friends and the sunny weather always makes me feel better. :heart: :heart:

You should check the "health and fitness" threads and look for posts about depression. you will find a lot of helpful info there. Pls remember, you are never alone.

I'm so sorry to hear you are unhappy! Where in New England are you? I am in New England! Did you move with anyone or do you have even one person around that you can confide in?

Take some classes or fitness clubs and try and meet some new people at places like coffee shops, etc! I am sure things will work out eventually, just slowly try to integrate some positive people into your life. It may take a little while to form new friendships, but be patient and it will be worthwhile. I wish you the best!

Sorry for the post I just really need to vent. I moved to New England and I have no friends out here. I have no friends to hang out with or talk too. What makes it worse is that I don't talk to any of my family members. It's a long story but basically they were ruining my life and are still trying too. They are all toxic people that I had to cut out.

I feel so lonely and depressed. I wake up every morning hoping it will be better and it's just not.:crybaby: I just feel like crying all the time because I keep everything bottled up.

Again I appolagize for the long post. I just needed to get this off my chest because I feel like im carrying around a ton of bricks.:crybaby: Thanks for listening.

You need to take care of yourself. Don't let yourself drown in despair. I don't know how old you are, but there are all kinds of things you can do. Do you own a dog? Maybe join a training group - it's a good way to meet people..and get out. Maybe join a gym? You can get out of the house and look forward to making yourself feel healthier. Maybe join a cooking class....think of all the things that you enjoy and try to put yourself out there from that angle. And moreover, when you go out, be okay with yourself. If you go out feeling all blah, then that's the energy that you will project and people will pick up on. Just thing of this as a new beginning and no one can take care of you but you. Be happy learning to be by yourself - and be your own best friend...but get out there and do things that you enjoy and that will keep you healthy and happy in your heart and in your head.....

Oh hun!!!! I swear we are twins!!! I just moved 3 hrs. away from my hometown, and I don't know ANYONE either!!! Luckily the lovely and sweet ladies on tPF helped me feel so much better! Don't ever be sorry for asking someone to listen! Everyone feels lonely sometimes, especially when we make such life-changing decisions.....I get along w/ my family very well, and I miss them very much, but here, I just feel like an outsider.....I come to tPF for support sometimes when I am feeling down.....don't worry, you have LOTS of people to listen to you. We all need to vent sometimes!!!

((((Hugs!!!!!)))):flowers: