Alexander Wang boots

FendiBagLady

Sep 27, 2005
Another sizing dilemma...

Do the Kori boots run small? I am usually a 39/9 in boots (Rag & Bone, Giuseppe Zanotti, Prada, Loeffler Randall...). However, the Kori felt stiff and uncomfortable in the 9...Anyone have them, and if so, did you size up? If not, do they stretch?

I posted about this exact same quandary last year!

I'm a traditional 7, but take 37.5 (Newburys, Mid Motos) and even 38's (Harrows, Kinseys) in Rag and Bone boots. Got the Kori in 37.5 and was tight as s***.

That said -- I've worn them twice, both times for full days around the city. They've definitely stretched! Slightly more comfortable.

But my gut feeling is I should have sized up to a 38....but don't really know for sure. Next time I'm going to order a 37.5 and 38 to compare.

Thank you so much, ladies! I may go ahead and pre-order the 39.5 from Barney's...Can't seem to find them here at the Barney's here in LA.

How do they wear over time? I've read some places that AW shoes don't hold up very well...I have bags of his, but have never bought shoes...

I'm usually a 6.5/7 and I have these in a 7. A part of me wishes I bought a 7.5 because when I wear thicker socks I feel like my feet get bunched up in the front. I would say stick TTS or a half size up !

I wear them quite often and they're wearing alright but the leather on the front and top of both feet are all scratched up, scuffed and is kind of coming off

Thank you so much, ladies! I may go ahead and pre-order the 39.5 from Barney's...Can't seem to find them here at the Barney's here in LA.

How do they wear over time? I've read some places that AW shoes don't hold up very well...I have bags of his, but have never bought shoes...
I've worn mine for approx 24 hours total (I was pounding the pavement tho), so maybe take this with a grain of salt? :smile:

1) the leather is crimping across the toe box. All boots do it and I don't really care, but...other boots in my closet seem hold their shape for at least a week or two under similar wear.
BUT....
2) the unlined soles are holding up great! And that heel tap still looks thick and sturdy.

I've worn mine for approx 24 hours total (I was pounding the pavement tho), so maybe take this with a grain of salt? :smile:

1) the leather is crimping across the toe box. All boots do it and I don't really care, but...other boots in my closet seem hold their shape for at least a week or two under similar wear.
BUT....
2) the unlined soles are holding up great! And that heel tap still looks thick and sturdy.

May I ask what you mean by crimping? Is it that it smushes the toes kind of (lack of a better word) or that it forms a kind of bumpy thing in the front where the toes press up on it, kind of like pointy shoes can over time?

May I ask what you mean by crimping? Is it that it smushes the toes kind of (lack of a better word) or that it forms a kind of bumpy thing in the front where the toes press up on it, kind of like pointy shoes can over time?
Bumpy thing in the front! Could be particular to the type of leather -- mine are a softer brown leather. "Mink" was the color.