Saks DELETED All Current Orders & Blocked My Purchase!?!?!?

FancyFashions

May 26, 2008
Hi everyone, I wanted to post my situation here to see if anyone has a similar story or know of anything happening like this either at Saks or anywhere else. I have been a loyal customer of Saks since 2008. Never had a problem with an order. Just recently I moved to a new home, have placed orders since then, again no trouble. Well, here comes sale season. I placed quite a few orders over the last two weeks and was called twice to verify shipment and billing information. One card that I used still had our old address on it, which I was not aware of and have now changed with the bank. Again, everything was fine after that and shipped this past week. Well, over the weekend I went to the site to place an order and was blocked from placing it. I thought...well maybe it's my card? Used a different card...again BLOCKED. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the cards. So, I got on chat and they say a member from their security team will be contacting me within 3-5 business days to discuss the "matter" with me. All the while I am thinking, what "MATTER"??? So, I found the number for security and called them direct that evening. The rep I spoke with said he is not the person assigned to my account, therefore he can not discuss what is going on, but mentioned that it could be due to a variety of reasons including a bad IP, address related to fraud in the past, etc and that after conducting extensive research, this one rep would reach out to me by phone. I have waited to hear from them, have heard absolutely NOTHING and am still blocked from their website. This morning I do see that of the 1 or 2 pending orders I had from last week, they actually DELETED them completely from my order history online and have also cancelled the pre-authorization hold with my bank. I have not been notified these orders were even cancelled - I am assuming they have been. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Or what I could do to resolve this? I am beyond upset that I am being treated this way, and yet no one will even tell me what in the world is going on. It is making me feel just so sick!!!

Hi everyone, I wanted to post my situation here to see if anyone has a similar story or know of anything happening like this either at Saks or anywhere else. I have been a loyal customer of Saks since 2008. Never had a problem with an order. Just recently I moved to a new home, have placed orders since then, again no trouble. Well, here comes sale season. I placed quite a few orders over the last two weeks and was called twice to verify shipment and billing information. One card that I used still had our old address on it, which I was not aware of and have now changed with the bank. Again, everything was fine after that and shipped this past week. Well, over the weekend I went to the site to place an order and was blocked from placing it. I thought...well maybe it's my card? Used a different card...again BLOCKED. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the cards. So, I got on chat and they say a member from their security team will be contacting me within 3-5 business days to discuss the "matter" with me. All the while I am thinking, what "MATTER"??? So, I found the number for security and called them direct that evening. The rep I spoke with said he is not the person assigned to my account, therefore he can not discuss what is going on, but mentioned that it could be due to a variety of reasons including a bad IP, address related to fraud in the past, etc and that after conducting extensive research, this one rep would reach out to me by phone. I have waited to hear from them, have heard absolutely NOTHING and am still blocked from their website. This morning I do see that of the 1 or 2 pending orders I had from last week, they actually DELETED them completely from my order history online and have also cancelled the pre-authorization hold with my bank. I have not been notified these orders were even cancelled - I am assuming they have been. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Or what I could do to resolve this? I am beyond upset that I am being treated this way, and yet no one will even tell me what in the world is going on. It is making me feel just so sick!!!
Just wanted to add that I have maybe returned 1-2 small things to Saks over the last 8 years...which is a VERY tiny percentage of all the orders I have placed with them. So, returns are definitely not the issue here. I am still scratching my head!

Maybe someone who lived in the home previously committed fraud with Saks and they're tracing it through your Internet address or new physical address. Keep calling them to find out and fix it.

Yes, I keep calling but they keep giving me the run around and won't actually connect me to someone that can tell me what is truly going on. This happened out of no where. I don't know if they will do this or not, but maybe I could see if the bank will contact them to tell them the charges are valid.

Maybe someone who lived in the home previously committed fraud with Saks and they're tracing it through your Internet address or new physical address. Keep calling them to find out and fix it.

Agree; it could be a issue with the address...but also, if several transactions bounce because an issue with payment then they usually flag that account. I would keep trying to call them- first thing when they open during business hours - and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Yeah it definitely seems like your new address was flagged for some kind of identity theft maybe. Sucks that you have to deal witht this. I'd be so pissed. Hopefully, they have good customer service and can make it up to you for the inconvenience.

OK, I finally got someone on the phone and now I am absolutely LIVID. It had nothing to do with my payment or address. I didn't think there was a problem. I was told that after their RESEARCH, they saw that I listed a couple of things online at ebay that I purchased from them and that I was now flagged in their system as a RESELLER!!!! I did list just a few things, which I had to - it was from their 70% FINAL sale online and did not work for me, amongst other things I was cleaning out from my closet before fall which did not come from Saks . I couldn't return it to them. So, because of this, I am not permitted from making any future purchases on saks.com but I was told I could shop in their stores???? I told them they must be confused, and asked that a supervisor call me, but no contact. I highly doubt they are going to reach out. I am BEYOND the point of anger now, I can not believe Saks would make such an assumption and act like this!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Glitterbomb
I am really not sure how they got info about my ebay account, or why they would be looking, but I am guessing since the email I have registered with them matches my ebay name??? I don't know, and they wouldn't say. I told them they must have me confused with someone else. It really makes me angry that I was shopping there for myself and they came up with this. I feel like I've been treated like a criminal. I will gladly take my money elsewhere!!!

That is so awful! So sorry you even have to deal with that. That makes no sense why they even care you purchased the item, why does it matter if you resell it for personal or business purposes if you're not defrauding/taking advantage. So so so insane.

....I was told that after their RESEARCH, they saw that I listed a couple of things online at ebay that I purchased from them and that I was now flagged in their system as a RESELLER!!!! I did list just a few things, which I had to - it was from their 70% FINAL sale online and did not work for me, amongst other things I was cleaning out from my closet before fall which did not come from Saks ...

This is the first time I've heard Saks or any dept store trying to block resellers. I see a bunch of sale items from dept stores on eBay right now - how would they be able to figure out who's who?

Wow!! This is incredible! I cannot believe stores are tracking their customers this way! Seriously I'm speechless. OP write a letter to their corporate office. Only way to get answers at this point is to go straight to the top.

This is insane! Sometimes I really wish I could scrub myself from the internet. Last week I Google searched my first name and my company and the first result was one of my eBay auctions. I am just livid. My name is nowhere on my eBay page and I don't want random people peering into my eBay dealings.

This is the first time I've heard Saks or any dept store trying to block resellers. I see a bunch of sale items from dept stores on eBay right now - how would they be able to figure out who's who?

Same here- wow. Back in 2008 people were flooding ebay with sale items marked way up...but the market is different now, and especially when they make the last sale FINAL SALE- what did they expect? I'm happy I got items from NM instead this time around- a beautiful Etro blouse that was way too open/large on me and I was so grateful it wasn't final sale...and happy I could return it instead on sell it online.

Last edited: