After care, rhinoplasty! Nose job post op DO s and DON'T s

VichyK

Apr 25, 2014
Hello, I'm almost two weeks post op, while my nose isn't perfect but it's not too bad (I'm having problem with fat graft but that's another story) Also I'm glad I have put this behind me.
Now that I have succeeded putting a silicon in me, I realize I have no idea how to take good care of it. The suggestions the clinic gave me is far from complete.
So I have come to the lovely forum for help, all of u girls are supper smart and knowledgable

So when can I dye my hair? And what product should I choose? I live in Canada and I don't have the advantage of going to Korean salons and let them take care of it. Any suggestion of good hair dye brands that are less invasive and nose job proof?

Can I iron or curl my hair with hair curls? Or should I avoid it in far of melting or deforming the silicon (heat)?

I also have fat graft on my forehead, may be I need to avoid hair curlers to the fringe? What if I absolutely needs to do it?

Or in general, how do u ladies take care/style the hair post op? (Nose and fat graft?)

What should I do with skin care and make up, any general does and doesn't?

Can I pick my nose with maybe a q tip? When can I do so?

Thank you so much

Thanks for the thread! I am now about 3 weeks post op soon. I started picking with a Q tip just be very gentle. I have been trying to lock my hands under my blankets because I tend to dream a lot and I'm so afraid I'd knock my nose again! I have been so paranoid such as being afraid of yawning too much, tugging the eyelid, etc.

Hello, I'm almost two weeks post op, while my nose isn't perfect but it's not too bad (I'm having problem with fat graft but that's another story) Also I'm glad I have put this behind me.
Now that I have succeeded putting a silicon in me, I realize I have no idea how to take good care of it. The suggestions the clinic gave me is far from complete.
So I have come to the lovely forum for help, all of u girls are supper smart and knowledgable

So when can I dye my hair? And what product should I choose? I live in Canada and I don't have the advantage of going to Korean salons and let them take care of it. Any suggestion of good hair dye brands that are less invasive and nose job proof?

Can I iron or curl my hair with hair curls? Or should I avoid it in far of melting or deforming the silicon (heat)?

I also have fat graft on my forehead, may be I need to avoid hair curlers to the fringe? What if I absolutely needs to do it?

Or in general, how do u ladies take care/style the hair post op? (Nose and fat graft?)

Thank you so much

I had fats graft on forehead too. I washes my hair the day after surgeries.

Its ok to do anything to your hair if u r worry about your fats graft. U can curl dye your hair. Not an issue.

Thank you so much

Hi vinchyK,

I don't have much knowledge about after care Nose job but from my experience for my primary nose job, I just do my normal routine.

About hair dye, I also never really notice about that. But maybe you can give it sometime for ur nose to heal abit before you dyeing your hair. If you afraid of chemical of hair dye, you can wear a mask. I know it sound weird but I just think it's gonna be okay. If you afraid of normal shampoo has a lot chemical maybe you can use baby shampoo for a while ( since it doesn't contain much chemical) .

I have my nose for few years but u never really notice about hair styling and curling.. If you are worried, maybe you can try to curl your hair far from your face and nose.. But I don't think the silicon will melt that easy with hair curling machine.. (it is not you you curl your hair right 1cm infront of your nose).

About hair curling relate to forehead fat graft I have no idea. But as I said, maybe you can try to do the hair more to the back or further since you just 2 week post op. About drying your hair, maybe you can use cold air instead of hot one, if you're worried. :smile:

About skin care, you can use your daily routine but I think you just need to do it very gently on the nose and don't touch your nose or clean your face so hard around nose area. Because if you touch it too much, it could be a but swollen since it is not completely heal yet.

When your nose completely heal, you will sense it by yourself. You'd feel very comfortable so it maybe the right time for u to pick your nose :smile: for me it take a few months til I get used to it and let it completely heal.

Don't worry too much. :smile:

It hope it helps and just don't mind if what I said doesn't make sense to you. :smile:
Happy healing

Hi vinchyK,

I don't have much knowledge about after care Nose job but from my experience for my primary nose job, I just do my normal routine.

About hair dye, I also never really notice about that. But maybe you can give it sometime for ur nose to heal abit before you dyeing your hair. If you afraid of chemical of hair dye, you can wear a mask. I know it sound weird but I just think it's gonna be okay. If you afraid of normal shampoo has a lot chemical maybe you can use baby shampoo for a while ( since it doesn't contain much chemical) .

I have my nose for few years but u never really notice about hair styling and curling.. If you are worried, maybe you can try to curl your hair far from your face and nose.. But I don't think the silicon will melt that easy with hair curling machine.. (it is not you you curl your hair right 1cm infront of your nose).

About hair curling relate to forehead fat graft I have no idea. But as I said, maybe you can try to do the hair more to the back or further since you just 2 week post op. About drying your hair, maybe you can use cold air instead of hot one, if you're worried. :smile:

About skin care, you can use your daily routine but I think you just need to do it very gently on the nose and don't touch your nose or clean your face so hard around nose area. Because if you touch it too much, it could be a but swollen since it is not completely heal yet.

When your nose completely heal, you will sense it by yourself. You'd feel very comfortable so it maybe the right time for u to pick your nose :smile: for me it take a few months til I get used to it and let it completely heal.

Don't worry too much. :smile:

It hope it helps and just don't mind if what I said doesn't make sense to you. :smile:
Happy healing

Thank u. I think after two month mark, I will go to the salon to get my hair fixed, I will just gently stuff my nose up and wear a mask, maybe go to a Korean salon? Yeah, I'm the sort that needs to have my hair curled perfectly to look decent, even after the surgery. It would be better if I live in Korea, since all of them have curly/colourful hairs and many with silicon noses too, wonder how they do it, there should be a way no?

I'm worried cause my facial skin always looks crapy and pimply after hair dye, maybe it's just the brand I'm using, any suggestion of hair dye brands? I think the stuff they use in salon is even more strong.

For now I'm doing everything very gently, it's getting some use to.

It is ok to curl hair after nose. I second day already straighten my hair and no problem. Straighten curl no difference. For dye my hairdresser always use goldwell. Got nice fragrant too

It is ok to curl hair after nose. I second day already straighten my hair and no problem. Straighten curl no difference. For dye my hairdresser always use goldwell. Got nice fragrant too
Thank you for replying, and about make up, do u think its okay to wear makeup on sweaty days?

Vichy, makeup should be fine, especially since you're at 2-month mark. I was told 2-weeks would be fine. Obviously, take precautions not too press your nose too hard when applying makeup, but other than that, you should be fine. Treat your skin gently, and that makes sense whether or not you've had surgery.

I read that cleaning nose with q-tips dipped in water/saline works. Sounds like a conservative approach to me!