Help decide! Golden crackled leather oversized tote by Zara

DottySarah

a dotty moment...
O.G.
Feb 4, 2009
Dear TPFers,
Ive got my eye on this oversized golden tote in crackled leather by Zara.
Is metallic a passing fad or is it something i can wear in the next few years (till it crackles apart lol)? Summer wear only. It is quite shiny golden - too much or pretty cool?
Price is 79€ down from 129€.
Thank you:smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 203
I think that there is always a place for metallic, and I don't think it's necessarily designated for just summer months....I picked up my stella McCartney falabella today and many of her (gorgeous!) bags are metallic and look amazing. also saw several other designer bags that are metallic as well...the question is: do YOU love the bag? it's great looking, but you have to love it!

The bag is definitely very nice looking. I think, as a poster above mentioned, that metallic is usually "in" in one form or another. Sometimes it resurfaces and you may see it EVERYWHERE, and sometimes it dies down a bit and only a few continue wearing. I personally have a pair of metallic wedges that I would wear whenever/wherever if it went with an outfit I was putting together. So I think the same for this bag. If you love it and could utilize it in your collection then go for it. With an otherwise neutral outfit it could really do a lot!

thank you TPF ladies very much for your input - im keeping it😍 Thats what i was sceptical about - whether metallics have some sort of staying power - am pleased they do☺️ Plan to wear it with neutrals tomorrow yayy👍

I love love love all things metallics. And they keep on coming back. I really think it depends on how you wear it. If you are wearing all white in the summer, or a nautical inspired look, you know, something mostly neutral and clean, then that bag is a great pop and not over the top. If you wear a lot of metallics and trendy pieces, it could be a bit much though.

What is your summer style?

I like it a LOT and I am pretty classic in my tastes. I am actually going to go look for it because it makes me smile! If it makes you smile you should keep it - metallic will come and go but will never be "wrong".

I love love love all things metallics. And they keep on coming back. I really think it depends on how you wear it. If you are wearing all white in the summer, or a nautical inspired look, you know, something mostly neutral and clean, then that bag is a great pop and not over the top. If you wear a lot of metallics and trendy pieces, it could be a bit much though.

What is your summer style?

Thank you Jennie for enabling;) I wear low key colours, my favourite shop is COS! Nope not metallic or uebertrendy at all! All white is a great idea!

I like it a LOT and I am pretty classic in my tastes. I am actually going to go look for it because it makes me smile! If it makes you smile you should keep it - metallic will come and go but will never be "wrong".

Hey so glad you like it that much! I dont mind bringing it out now and then to wear, just dont want it to be a trend... paid for my several mistakes, plus TPF has groomed me well;) Its gone down to 39€ from 129€ - guess it was spring collection.