Brown Boy with Gold- help on how to wear brown?!

MapleLuxe

Nov 30, 2013
I have always gone for colorful, dark blue or black bags but I have been lusting over the caramel mid brown (sometimes referred to dark beige) boy bag that comes with gold hardwear. A few ladies have posted pics recently of it in the boy thread. I saw it in London last week and I got a text from my SA here that that also have it.

Visually its delicious! I have to say I am so drawn to the color and i cant stop thinking about it. But I had it I wouldnt know how to wear it! The only brown thing I own is a LV neverfull for the beach!!

Brown and beige are a whole new territory to me especially as its coming up to winter season and clothes are getting darker. Does anyone have any outfit photos with brown/beige with gold? Any advice? How would you wear that boy? Can you mix brown and black?

Do you have a lot of clothes in blue or red? eg. Dark blue jeans, saphire blue top and the chanel! :biggrin:

Nothing in red but blue yes!! I love the look of beige and brown and want to be a brown person... but I need training!!

Update- am sitting in Chanel with a beige ghw medium flap and the brown boy ghw medium. The boy's metal is antiqued and a bit dirtier looking than I expected! Hmmmm im actually thinking beige would be the easier color to learn how to wear.

Last edited:
I also like the combination of light cream/beige pants with navy/blue or red top + caramel bag. Pair this with sexy heels and you have a great outfit :biggrin:

Also, caramel colours go well with light floral print dresses or navy dresses.

I would have a good look at your wardrobe, see if you can find at least 3 outfits you could wear with it before you consider buying...

I have only seen pictures of this color, but too me it's a neutral. Will go with anything all year long! That's a bonus! Also, I would not let the fabric on the inside be the only thing that keeps you from getting this bag. I agree it would be prettier on the inside if it were leather, but then more expensive and heavier. If you love the color and boy style then I would get it. Good luck!

I agree that it's neutral and would go with just about anything and it's a great year round color. The color is just perfect IMO. I myself am going to text my SA and see if they have any, I am totally in love with the light brown boy. Unfortunately there are no Chanel boutiques or any stores that sell Chanel in my state, so I had to start an out of state customer relationship with an SA. I would love to go look in person instead of relying on pictures. Good luck!

Hi Maplelux, I have that boy. I think you commented on the thread..not sure right now. Anyway, I have tan sandals to compliment it in summer. I wear white, grey, black, cream tshirt or blouses, with jeans or jean shorts, brown belt brown sandals. I had on a white
dress the other day that it looked great with! For fall I will pair with cream, black, grey sweaters and jeans with my isabel marant dicker boots in taupe and cognac. I'm kind of a casual chic dresser. I know you girls were wanting more of a gold finish but I think the antique gold really compliments the bag as they are supposed to be casual and a little edgy. I have received more compliments on this light brown caviar Chanel than any other bag I have owned. Trust me!! This is not one I was expecting to love so much, but it works. Let me know what you decide!! GL

Look under the thread I started... A boy I thought I would never fall for a few pages, I think 3 back.. Hth I will try and post more photos today.

I will also pair with Brown riding boots in winter with skinny jeans. I think if you have the shoes to tie it in. It goes with really everything!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses ladies. I seriously want to go clothes shopping now :lol: you've given me a few ideas on how to spruce up the clothes situation too.

I left Chanel confident I love the brown (and the beige classic but that is always on the 'want' list) and want it but will call my London SA just to make sure I am not imagining that I saw a different type of gold hardwear in Sloane Street. Its very comfortable in a medium size and even in the large. Will most likely go for it I just need to decide on sizing.

I have a lot of jumbo classic flaps and medium boy bags. Do I shake it up and go for the large boy or does the gold pop more in the medium? I am up for suggestions.. Anyone have any preference of sizing with the shade?

Needlv- you may in future just have to in general give me clothing advice as you seem to understand color combining in a way I do not! :lol:

JE2824- Yes I think it was you who started my obsession with the bag!! White top and tan sandals.. that look worked so well and is something I can do!! Im not surprised you get so many more compliments wearing it.. its so unique. I think the leather just looks so special in the color.. the gran and everything just looks how leather should!!

Impulsive- I never thought about that. You are so correct.. leather interior would seriously weigh it down especially in larger sizes. Thanks for pointing that out!!!

Hopeach- keep me updated on what you decide. I am so curious to see what you think when you contact you SA and maybe what they suggest to you. What size are you thinking of?

I own all "old medium" boys. I prefer that size bc I'm 5'4" and on the smaller side. However, I loved the new medium on me too in the caviar! It was a weird illusion and it did not look too big on me for once. They sold that one so I opted for old medium, but I think either would look great. My other bags are jumbos or reissue 226 sizes. Hth! Go for it maple luxe!! Keep us posted.

Thanks for the responses ladies. I seriously want to go clothes shopping now :lol: you've given me a few ideas on how to spruce up the clothes situation too.

I left Chanel confident I love the brown (and the beige classic but that is always on the 'want' list) and want it but will call my London SA just to make sure I am not imagining that I saw a different type of gold hardwear in Sloane Street. Its very comfortable in a medium size and even in the large. Will most likely go for it I just need to decide on sizing.

I have a lot of jumbo classic flaps and medium boy bags. Do I shake it up and go for the large boy or does the gold pop more in the medium? I am up for suggestions.. Anyone have any preference of sizing with the shade?

Needlv- you may in future just have to in general give me clothing advice as you seem to understand color combining in a way I do not! :lol:

JE2824- Yes I think it was you who started my obsession with the bag!! White top and tan sandals.. that look worked so well and is something I can do!! Im not surprised you get so many more compliments wearing it.. its so unique. I think the leather just looks so special in the color.. the gran and everything just looks how leather should!!

Impulsive- I never thought about that. You are so correct.. leather interior would seriously weigh it down especially in larger sizes. Thanks for pointing that out!!!

Hopeach- keep me updated on what you decide. I am so curious to see what you think when you contact you SA and maybe what they suggest to you. What size are you thinking of?

I have a black boy in the new medium and love it, but I think I will probably end up going with the old medium for this one. Unfortunately, my SA wasn't working today. Hopefully tomorrow she can send me some pictures..if they have any available. /crossing fingers! JE2824 is the one who made me fall in love with the color too, and I have so many shoes that would match perfectly, I must have! lol

Based on other's mod shots here of this gorgeous boy I have seen recently, I think it's a great neutral and versatile color! I have a darker brown old medium boy with antiqued GHW from last year and I find the bag easy to work with! I can do either girly look worn with a dress and flats or more biker paired with my short moto boots. I mostly pair it with anything white, cream/beige, black, etc. and I think this year's brown is even easier. I also have a reissue tote that is in a lighter brown/taupey color and it is my work tote. The color goes with everything. I wear whatever I happen to have on that day and I have never found that bag to clash with anything!

Based on other's mod shots here of this gorgeous boy I have seen recently, I think it's a great neutral and versatile color! I have a darker brown old medium boy with antiqued GHW from last year and I find the bag easy to work with! I can do either girly look worn with a dress and flats or more biker paired with my short moto boots. I mostly pair it with anything white, cream/beige, black, etc. and I think this year's brown is even easier. I also have a reissue tote that is in a lighter brown/taupey color and it is my work tote. The color goes with everything. I wear whatever I happen to have on that day and I have never found that bag to clash with anything!

It is so funny, Poohbag, because you are the reason I wanted a brown boy to begin with from your reveal last year! I was always looking at everything on TPF, but never really participated, because I was too tired with the babies, etc. I 100 percent agree with how you style it. That is exactly how I am styling mine right now and will with the moto boots, etc in fall. It really is a great color!! I LOVE yours!!

I have a black boy in the new medium and love it, but I think I will probably end up going with the old medium for this one. Unfortunately, my SA wasn't working today. Hopefully tomorrow she can send me some pictures..if they have any available. /crossing fingers! JE2824 is the one who made me fall in love with the color too, and I have so many shoes that would match perfectly, I must have! lol

Hopeach, let me know if you have problems locating one. I have several SA that I can ask as well. I hope we can all be bag brothers!!!:graucho:

Hopeach, let me know if you have problems locating one. I have several SA that I can ask as well. I hope we can all be bag brothers!!!:graucho:

Thank you! I just might end up taking you up on that. First I have to make a choice, getting the light brown boy or getting an LV pallas in black and a Gucci swing tote in black. I'm really torn as I have been wanting the pallas and swing tote since they came out and the light brown boy is a new love, but sooo pretty! I have no other bags that color either, where I do have other mono LV bags and a black LV bag, a black new med boy and a black GST. But it's still one bag vs 2 bags. Maybe I should ask on both the LV and Chanel forum.

I will let you know within the week! I have a feeling I will be getting it..lol