Planetes Crossbody Opinions

Dec 17, 2013
Hi everyone, I did a search and found nothing on this hence starting a thread. I read the reviews on Nordstrom and most rave about the functionality + lightweight nature of this bag, with the snap buttons being hard to close as the only downside. For me, I like my things to be secure so that is not so much as a concern to me. I'll like to hear from anyone whom has this and your thoughts of it? This bag is three inches wide and sounds like it can fit a lot from the reviewers. It will be great to know from those who owns it what you usually fit into it. Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 1404285673297.jpg
    1404285673297.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 369
I thought to still share my opinions on this bag even though it did not seem that popular here on PF. I ordered this from whatshebuys.com from their recent sale.

Pros:
- Fits a lot.
- lightweight, after loading what you see in the picture and a thin cardigan, the bag seems non existent on my shoulder.
- does not slip off when I carry it as a shoulder bag on one shoulder.
- strap adjusts easily and adjustment buckle slides with ease.
- non bulky on me. I'm 5" 8 and it lies flat on me, even with things inside.
- it's orange no doubt but maybe due to it's small size, it is a nice pop of color on what I usually wear. I personally do not find it too bright.

Cons
- snap buttons have to be closed with one hand on the inside. I am not sure whether they will be easier to close over time but I do like my things secure and intend to use this outer pocket for things that I do not need to access so much, so it's not so much as a major downside for me but it might be for some other ladies.

Congrats! That's a pretty colour :smile: thanks for the review and glad to hear that there are many pros!

Thank you Klatte! My pleasure to share. I know its not as popular as the totes but it really is a classic and practical bag. A pity that the planetes line is going to be discontinued, hence I thought to snag this whilst I still can. Bonus for me since it's on sale.

Thank you for reviewing this. I've always wondered about this crossbody and the planetes messenger bag. I'm thinking that they must fit about the same. One question: will it fit an iPad, too ?

Hi Minnie, I managed to fit my Ipad 1st generation into it and there is still ample room for the above, but I must let you know my umbrella is very slim.

Thanks for the review! Hoping they'd solve that button problem sometime.

I surely hope so but also guessing LC won't? As the planetes range is going to be discontinued, unless this style carries over to the Neo line, but there is already a Neo crossbody.

Nice! Thanks for your review.

My pleasure, always happy to share! I gained a lot of knowledge here at PF, hope my humble thoughts can benefit others in turn.

I surely hope so but also guessing LC won't? As the planetes range is going to be discontinued, unless this style carries over to the Neo line, but there is already a Neo crossbody.

My pleasure, always happy to share! I gained a lot of knowledge here at PF, hope my humble thoughts can benefit others in turn.

Ooh it fits an iPad? Awesome.

True. I need to look at the neo again. I forget the planetes is discontinued.

Ooh it fits an iPad? Awesome.

True. I need to look at the neo again. I forget the planetes is discontinued.

I looked at the Neo too but the base seems to be very wide. I love wide based bags as the possibility to carry a lot is clearly a bonus. My only concern is with its wide base, it might look bulky on me. Hope you can have a chance to see and try on in person before deciding. The color options for Neo are fantastic though!