In Prada outlet and in regular store?!

K21

O.G.
Jul 16, 2008
Ladies!

I swear I bought this fabric Prada messenger from Prada outlet store( the one ran by Prada) in HK... like in April....and I am still seeing this exact bag being sold in regular Prada shops with regular price ($990 ish)...

I am not disliking the fact that I got it in wayyyy better deal....but now..how am I supposed to trust to buy products from the regular store?? I mean I have a few bags purchsed from the rugular shops with regular price....hmmm having doubts with my past purchases now...!!!!!

When in doubt, hire an authentication service. :true:

I guess i expressed myself wrong...i didnt mean that i was having doubt about the one purchase from the prada oulet store ran by the firm itself....i was saying that since the product that i bought from the oulet is still being sold in the store with regular price..i was bit confued about my other bags that i paid the full prices.. if you know what i mean! 😉

I guess i expressed myself wrong...i didnt mean that i was having doubt about the one purchase from the prada oulet store ran by the firm itself....i was saying that since the product that i bought from the oulet is still being sold in the store with regular price..i was bit confued about my other bags that i paid the full prices.. if you know what i mean! 😉

That is the reason why I don't buy prada anymore. :sad:
But if you like the bag and can afford full price, i guess it doesnt matter whether it is from regular store or outlet.

Products from outlet might have defects though.

I spoke to a SA at the Prada outlet in CA and they said that they never carry the Saffiano. They only carry Vitello Daino. So maybe when purchasing Prada, consider buying Saffiano from the retail store. If you come across a Vitello Daino you like in the retail store, contact the outlet store to see if they have the same bag for less before you buy. If they have it at the outlet for less just get it. If they don't have it at the outlet then get it from the retail store if you really want it. That's what I would do.

I've purchased tons of prada bags from my local outlet. All Vitello Daino and no defects but I carefully select the ones in made in Italy so that may be a big factor. Be careful, They carry several bags made elsewhere. I have seen the same styles at the outlet as in the regular store. (Same with SLGs)

I purchased my saffiano wallet from the outlet; I also purchased a saffiano key holder from the outlet. Both black with gold hardware. Both were being sold at Neimans at the time. No defects.

I purchased my saffiano wallet from the outlet; I also purchased a saffiano key holder from the outlet. Both black with gold hardware. Both were being sold at Neimans at the time. No defects.

May I ask how much the key holder was because I am looking for one and if I can get it cheaper it be great. Which outlet location?

I got a nice nylon bag at the Prada outlet in Orlando and I don't see any defects...it's made in Italy. I remember they got me one from the back that was still packaged, and I think it was wrapped up similar to when I bought my Daino tote at Saks.

One interesting point - I went into the outlet initially looking for the vela messenger. They had it, but the sales rep ended up talking me out of it. Mainly because the buckles were a pain (the one she talked me into is a cross-body that was the same price). I should mention that I saw the vela at Saks for $800-something (this was in December, I see it's up over $900 now) and at the outlet it was $500-something. I couldn't tell the difference between either one of them. They were both black too. I could see wanting to close out a bright, seasonal color or something, but black is pretty basic.

May I ask how much the key holder was because I am looking for one and if I can get it cheaper it be great. Which outlet location?

I remember it was around $150? It's the black saffiano leather one with 6 key hooks and two small card holder compartments (it's a great mini wallet/key holder for the gym). I purchased it at the Orlando outlet. They also had it in several different colors.

I remember it was around $150? It's the black saffiano leather one with 6 key hooks and two small card holder compartments (it's a great mini wallet/key holder for the gym). I purchased it at the Orlando outlet. They also had it in several different colors.

They had key holders in various colors in san marcos texas outlet as well. The Sa was pretty friendly.