Help!! Quick question

MsCuppycake

Oct 26, 2013
Hey all, so today I made a purchase at the LV store in San Juan, PR 😍 I leave to go back home tomorrow (California) and it just occurred to me that the sa didn't give any paper stating anything about the "duty." Now I'm a little freaked out that I've missed a step and will be not allowed to bring my bag back to the states!! Help! Does anyone know anything about this? This is my first purchase in another country and I didn't even think to ask since I was so excited! Is there a certain dollar amount that the duty applies to?

We just went on a cruise and it was $800 per person. Before we got off the cruise they gave us a paper to fill out. Probably they will have something at customs you can fill out and show the receipt if they ask for it.

Just keep your receipt handy if they ask for it. The woman at customs asked if we had the receipts for some Movado watches and we said yes, and she said we didn't have to dig them out...thank goodness bc I had stuff packed in 7 suitcases with receipts stuck in each bag, lol.

Puerto Rico is US Territory - just not apart of the 50 states. It would be no different if you were traveling to New York. That is why you do not need a pass port there. Feel free to move about and purchase.

Be Blessed MoNikki