Why is Alma pm ebene not popular here in tPF?

AnVic

Oct 23, 2012
My birthday is very near and I'm still undecided if I want the Alma ebene or not. I noticed that most of the posts here either an Alma Vernis, Epi or the bb but couldn't find Alma Pm ebene. Been looking for a Modelling shots in casual jeans and shirt for this lovely bag but couldn't find. My question is, do you like / dislike the Alma pm/mm ebene? Pros and cons please.😊 A modeling shot will help me big time! Thanks!

My birthday is very near and I'm still undecided if I want the Alma ebene or not. I noticed that most of the posts here either an Alma Vernis, Epi or the bb but couldn't find Alma Pm ebene. Been looking for a Modelling shots in casual jeans and shirt for this lovely bag but couldn't find. My question is, do you like / dislike the Alma pm/mm ebene? Pros and cons please.😊 A modeling shot will help me big time! Thanks!

I think the Alma DE is gorgeous. I thought you got it already from the other thread. It comes down to what you really want. Have you tried this on at the boutique? Try looking at the Alma clubhouse. There are many mod shots there. Good luck!!

I really like the ebene Alma pm. I had one, but gifted it to my aunt who really loved it. I probably would have bought it again if I didn't already have the Trevi pm and an ebene speedy b 30. I ended up getting the ebene alma bb to to replace it. I still think about getting it in the pm size. I carried it all the time when I had it. It's carefree and can be worn with casual clothes and dressed up too. I think you should go for it if you love it.

I love alma in DE. Main reason for not getting it, simply because of one of my gf already had it. Silly i knoow. -__-"

plus i already have speedy b DE that i wear on a daily basis. So i went to get a vernis instead and have it more for special occassion type of bag.

Have u tried them in store?? See which one look best on u. Also will u b wearing it for everyday or special occasion?

I think the Alma DE is gorgeous. I thought you got it already from the other thread. It comes down to what you really want. Have you tried this on at the boutique? Try looking at the Alma clubhouse. There are many mod shots there. Good luck!!

I haven't bought it coz I want to get it on my bday so it can be memorable. But while browsing and looking, I saw a preloved Trevi! Now I'm more confused. New Alma or preloved Trevi! Hahaha why does it have to be difficult?!😄😄😄

I really like the ebene Alma pm. I had one, but gifted it to my aunt who really loved it. I probably would have bought it again if I didn't already have the Trevi pm and an ebene speedy b 30. I ended up getting the ebene alma bb to to replace it. I still think about getting it in the pm size. I carried it all the time when I had it. It's carefree and can be worn with casual clothes and dressed up too. I think you should go for it if you love it.

I also have the Bando DE.😊 it will be my last bag according to hubby that's why I'm thinking so hard if the Alma will be perfect for me.

I love alma in DE. Main reason for not getting it, simply because of one of my gf already had it. Silly i knoow. -__-"

plus i already have speedy b DE that i wear on a daily basis. So i went to get a vernis instead and have it more for special occassion type of bag.

Have u tried them in store?? See which one look best on u. Also will u b wearing it for everyday or special occasion?

I'm more of a casual mommy attire, I rarely dress up mostly in jeans shirts flats sometimes in flaps. I grab my bando and speedy mono the most. I really really love the look of the Alma Pm ebene but I also see that some sold it after owning it and I wonder why?😔

I haven't bought it coz I want to get it on my bday so it can be memorable. But while browsing and looking, I saw a preloved Trevi! Now I'm more confused. New Alma or preloved Trevi! Hahaha why does it have to be difficult?!😄😄😄

Yes I know the feeling. I say look around and see what you feel. You stated you want it memorable. So it has to be the one. I remember you mentioned DH said this is the last one for now.:graucho:

I do prefer epi - it's such a feminine shape and style while Ebene, to me, is a little more casual and less feminine. Also, my thought on it is that the speedy in Ebene is so popular at many opt for the pop of color of epi or vernis instead of simply buying one which would be used quite similarly to the speedy. If you love it, get it! I prefer less popular bags! I shy away from a bag I know I will see in every other woman

Last edited:
I personally LOVE my DE Alma ! I carry her everywhere . And i am a SAHM . I have 2 alma's and am working on my third. If you love it , go for it !! It does not matter if its popular or not. Just get what makes your heart melt. BTW, i also have Trevi pm and adore her as well. But if it were me , i would get the Alma brand new for my Birthday. It will be more special that way, imo . :smile:

I have the de alma and think its a wonderful bag.....Its worry free with no vachetta and I like that it's structured...I bought the matching strap to use cross body or over the shoulder...I think the alma is such a pretty bag you can't go wrong with either ebene or epi.....I also have vernis in amarante a bb in pomme and electric epi in noir and really like using all of them....

I like the trevi much better the the Alma !

I just bought the trevi pm and it is a beautiful bag! It is a little heavy but not as heavy as some of my leather bags .. It's more heavy than my speedy b but that has to be one of the lightest bags I own !