Macy's, confused

delemont

Jan 24, 2007
Good morning...

I am a newbie, and see the posts regarding sales/coupons at Macy's and I have to say, I don't understand about the abbreviations and coupons that everyone refers to.

Can someone clue me in on how to get the best deal at Macys? Thanks....must have medium chocolate carly for mother's day!!!

F&F = friends and family discount.

my sis used to work at macy's so i know that F&F is a limited time thing.

you can try to open up a Macy's CC and see if they give you a discount that way.

Macy's totally screwed up my order, and now I can't seem to get anyone to even answer the phone to help me. So I say DON'T BUY ANYTHING AT MACY'S...just go to Coach directly. It's not worth the hassle. I have spent the last hour just trying to get someone in ANY department to answer.

Macy's totally screwed up my order, and now I can't seem to get anyone to even answer the phone to help me. So I say DON'T BUY ANYTHING AT MACY'S...just go to Coach directly. It's not worth the hassle. I have spent the last hour just trying to get someone in ANY department to answer.

I have to say that I had terrible luck with customer service at Macy's. I called on and off for almost an hour only to get into voicemail loops that ended up hanging up on me. I asked about FIVE times to speak to a manager and then went into the same voicemail nightmare. I couldn't believe it.

I was really trying to get a hold of a manager to let them know just how many customers they might be losing but never got to a live person.:shrugs:

I have to say that I had terrible luck with customer service at Macy's. I called on and off for almost an hour only to get into voicemail loops that ended up hanging up on me. I asked about FIVE times to speak to a manager and then went into the same voicemail nightmare. I couldn't believe it.

I was really trying to get a hold of a manager to let them know just how many customers they might be losing but never got to a live person.:shrugs:

Wow, the exact same thing happened to me. I was so frustrated so I just said screw it and paid the extra money to get the purse from Coach directly. SOOO much better!

I ended up calling somewhere between five and eight times today, and finally I gave up on handbags, the call system (one time I even was accidentally transfered to their cc division in another state!), and put in the code for juniors instead. Someone finally answered, and eventually I was routed to the manager (after being told she was at lunch at 3:00 in the afternoon). She said she wrote my number down wrong, which is why she never called back. I think we have figured out how to fix the problem, but it will take at least another week, and maybe two. After that, I will be back to shopping directly from Coach, if you know what I mean.

I was very annoyed yesterday, I went to two Macy's in search of the smaller Carl/Cotton in chocolate....they both had the large, as well as that smaller demi thing....so, after running to both, I started calling the other stores. I called the other two closest to me....was on hold a total of 32 minutes....finally had to ask for a manager, they rang handbags 20 times I swear...I guess nobody works there. Today I went to the big Macy's, they had what I was looking for....was a 50 mile drive, but worth it I guess. Tons of people buying Coach for Mother's Day.

I asked the little old gal at the counter what to do with my lost legacy tag....she asked me what color was it, I told her and she pulled one out of a drawer for me...so that was nice.

Hit and miss with Macys.

That was my problem when I was trying to locate the Mandy in whiskey. I would call and press the buttons to get to the handbag dept and then it would sound like a fax machine. I tried and tired and then I gave up. Finally, I found a store that had it. It was a pain though!