What leather is best for agenda cover?

Silversun

Apr 28, 2011
Not sure if this warrants a new thread but couldn't find any open threads that seemed directly relevant. Apologies if it turns out that I'm just blind!

What leather in your experience is best for an agenda that's going to be used quite heavily? I'm thinking of getting a Simple GM and the available leathers on the website are epsom, mysore goatskin or evercolour.

I'm going to check out stock in my local store, but colour choices permitting, I'm leaning toward the goatskin. Epsom seems to come in a lot of fun colours but I don't know if it'll take well to heavy use?

I have a Vision agenda in chèvre and a Kelly Wallet in Epsom. They are both about the same age and get tossed around in my bag. The Epsom has held up much better. I wouldn't say it looks brand new but it looks unscathed at a glance. My agenda on the other hand has dents and scratches and areas that have become shiny from maybe scuffing. In my experience so far it seems Epsom holds up better.

I have a Vision agenda in chèvre and a Kelly Wallet in Epsom. They are both about the same age and get tossed around in my bag. The Epsom has held up much better. I wouldn't say it looks brand new but it looks unscathed at a glance. My agenda on the other hand has dents and scratches and areas that have become shiny from maybe scuffing. In my experience so far it seems Epsom holds up better.

Thank you for the info! Not at all what I expected so that is super useful to know. Could I please ask what colours your agenda/Kelly wallet is/are?