HELP! I got acrylic paint on my Double Tour!

irene82

kiss the rain
O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
Hi all,

I am so heartbroken! I was painting last night and I got acrylic paint on my bracelet - why i failed to remove it before painting is beyond me!

Any tips on how to remove it? Thank you so much in advanced!

View attachment 2695671

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I am so heartbroken! I was painting last night and I got acrylic paint on my bracelet - why i failed to remove it before painting is beyond me!

Any tips on how to remove it? Thank you so much in advanced!

View attachment 2695671
Oh no! Sorry about your bracelet. Try searching our vintage and leather care threads for remedies. Or better yet, post your query for Docride so she can advise. She's our expert on leather care. Here's the link: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...mes-leather-care-295160-567.html#post27135318

In the meantime, don't put any harsh chemicals or lotions on it until you hear from Doc. Also make sure you tell her what kind of leather it is. G'luck!

I paint myself. Acrylic paint is water soluble. Have you tried clean cloth with a little bit of water? Not too much water though. I hope this will solve it.

If not, take it to your local Hermes. Do you live near one?

Keep me posted.

Oh no! Sorry about your bracelet. Try searching our vintage and leather care threads for remedies. Or better yet, post your query for Docride so she can advise. She's our expert on leather care. Here's the link: http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...mes-leather-care-295160-567.html#post27135318

In the meantime, don't put any harsh chemicals or lotions on it until you hear from Doc. Also make sure you tell her what kind of leather it is. G'luck!

Thank you SO much for the link, but thankfully, I used baby wipes (non alcohol) and it came right off! PHEW!! :smile:

I paint myself. Acrylic paint is water soluble. Have you tried clean cloth with a little bit of water? Not too much water though. I hope this will solve it.

If not, take it to your local Hermes. Do you live near one?

Keep me posted.

I googled how to remove acrylic paint and they said to use a little bit of water (i used baby wipes!) and it worked! PHEW!

One of my good friends works as a SA in Hermes and he was urging me to bring the bracelet to the store so he can fix it but thankfully, it was already fixed! :biggrin: Thank you!

Good for you. I'm glad you took out the paint just in time. Next time you paint do remember to remove your beloved jewelry. THEN get carried away with your art creation process. :smile:

What were u painting BTW?