Reveal of The New Legacy Duffle In Black

TheNerdyGirly

Jul 11, 2014
I decided to pull the trigger and pop on the Legacy Duffle from the Nordstrom sale and it came today...yea!!! The UPS usually gets here around noon and got here at 5. Why? Because he *knew* I was waiting on pins and needles and that I have to get stuff together to leave early in the AM on the train for San Diego :blah:. I got the black one because I am one of those people that if it is in black, then I get black. On the tag it is called the Bleecker Soft Port Duffle. It also says that the hardware is AR. I have no idea what that stands for. It hits somewhere between antique bronze and gunmetal. It sooooo reminds me of the Bleecker duffles with the tattersall lining. The leather has the same texture/feel, but definately not as thick. The leather is thicker than on the previous Legacy bags. The friend who is watching my dog was over and I swear she has one of those in every color and fell in love with this one. She said it was so much more "sophisticated and grown up". The bag is soft and slouchy right out of the gate. I love it. The only problem is the black on black signature lining...it makes a dark hole even darker. All my essentials are packed in it and ready for a week of adventure!! Allons-y!
DSCN0615_zps16791bc3.jpg

DSCN0614_zps459a476f.jpg

DSCN0617_zps7826aa28.jpg

I decided to pull the trigger and pop on the Legacy Duffle from the Nordstrom sale and it came today...yea!!! The UPS usually gets here around noon and got here at 5. Why? Because he *knew* I was waiting on pins and needles and that I have to get stuff together to leave early in the AM on the train for San Diego :blah:. I got the black one because I am one of those people that if it is in black, then I get black. On the tag it is called the Bleecker Soft Port Duffle. It also says that the hardware is AR. I have no idea what that stands for. It hits somewhere between antique bronze and gunmetal. It sooooo reminds me of the Bleecker duffles with the tattersall lining. The leather has the same texture/feel, but definately not as thick. The leather is thicker than on the previous Legacy bags. The friend who is watching my dog was over and I swear she has one of those in every color and fell in love with this one. She said it was so much more "sophisticated and grown up". The bag is soft and slouchy right out of the gate. I love it. The only problem is the black on black signature lining...it makes a dark hole even darker. All my essentials are packed in it and ready for a week of adventure!! Allons-y!
DSCN0615_zps16791bc3.jpg

DSCN0614_zps459a476f.jpg

DSCN0617_zps7826aa28.jpg
Very nice. : )

The leather looks very nice!!! I loved the leather they used on the older Bleecker duffles, so I'm looking forward to seeing these IRL. I like the hardware, too...I think AR stands for Burnished Amber. Enjoy your new beauty!

Thank you for all the nice comments!!! It really is a gorgeous bag!! We couldn't stop talking at dinner how truly amazing it was. I was nervous when I got it that I would not like it because I have been seeing mixed reviews on it. When it is not slouched it does look huge, but when I am wearing it, it feel natural and doesn't have any awkwardness to it. My friend says Coach is finally making bags worth the money you shell out for them. The whole bag is very simple, yet very well thought out. The quality of it is fantastic, it looks like there was no skimping on it. When I showed it to my husband he gingerly felt the leather then commented "Ohh...giddy-up". He now calls it my Indiana Jones bag and keeps asking my what treasure and fortunes await me on my adventure. I just call her simply "Indy" *cue theme music*:jammin:

Thank you for all the nice comments!!! It really is a gorgeous bag!! We couldn't stop talking at dinner how truly amazing it was. I was nervous when I got it that I would not like it because I have been seeing mixed reviews on it. When it is not slouched it does look huge, but when I am wearing it, it feel natural and doesn't have any awkwardness to it. My friend says Coach is finally making bags worth the money you shell out for them. The whole bag is very simple, yet very well thought out. The quality of it is fantastic, it looks like there was no skimping on it. When I showed it to my husband he gingerly felt the leather then commented "Ohh...giddy-up". He now calls it my Indiana Jones bag and keeps asking my what treasure and fortunes await me on my adventure. I just call her simply "Indy" *cue theme music*:jammin:
haha Indy - I love it! Loving your new beauty! Duffles are great! Enjoy! :smile:

Thank you for the pictures.
I caught a glance at this in the store but didn't realize it was on sale until searching the website. I have it in my shopping cart but cannot decide if I should pull the trigger or not. Being that you did and you like it, I might have to buy it too.

I have finally figured out. This leather reminds me of the feel of an old, we'll worn leather motorcycle jacket. It has some sort of vintage-y undertone to it so it can't be called a true black black. More like a rustic black.