Would you carry this bag still?

Feb 8, 2006
I used to love this bag, until I let a friend borrow it last summer for the weekend, she loved it so much she asked to use it for a few weeks. I let her and when I got it back it looked like this...

This is the only bag I have ever purchased with applique, but last summer when I took it to Coach they said it was normal wear and tear. Does it look horrible? I have no idea how to even try and fix it, I have searched here and on the internet with no answers on fixing applique, if that's even possible.

UGH....

Now I can't decide if I should just put it up, or if I should go ahead and use it and let "nature" take it's course.

Attachments

• applique_2.jpg
    applique_2.jpg
    745.4 KB · Views: 1,357
  • applique_1.jpg
    applique_1.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 1,363
  • bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 1,362
It doesn't look as bad in the distance shot, but I know it would drive me insane if it were my bag. I don't know about finding a replacement. I would worry about the replacement bag ending up like that too.

Is that applique made of paper??? I wouldn't carry the bag with that damage, unless as a beach tote or something. Did your friend say what happened to it?

if it bothers you that much then probably no. I still think you could probably use it for something though, like the above poster said, a beach tote, school tote, for road trips? To me its not in bad enough condition to actually throw it away. Not familiar with the outlets so I don't know if they would have it, but this is a pretty old style right? Otherwise try ebay, but if its used it may have the same problem.

I would not want to carry the bag. From a distance, it is not too bad looking, but up close it shows too much wear for me. Even if I tried to carry it in a way that hid things, it would make me crazy knowing it was not in good shape. I'm sorry your friend did this to your bag. :tdown:

It's just the edges of the appliques that have lifted, right?
I don't think it looks that bad.
I'd use it as a second bag to tote extra stuff around, water bottle, sweater, etc.