I wore my Artsy for the first time and hated it

Do you think you may get used to it the more you carry it? I have the artsy in both mono and empreinte and think its a great bag...do you think its too heavy or what didn't you like about it? I'm sorry to hear you don't like it.....

It was too heavy and too big. It was hard to get things in and out of it. I feel like the strap made my shoulder hurt a lot and that gave me a headache.

I feel like it slowed me down and I couldn't move as fast and easy. What do I do?

I've own my mono Artsy for 4 yrs now and I have to admit the first time I wore her it felt too big, a little awkward and was very uncomfortable but I gave it a chance and finally it soften up and I got use to the size. I'm glad I kept it 😊 it's not my favorite bag but I think it's very pretty and I like how light it is. Also, I always get compliments whenever I use her 😘

Awwww.....so sorry to hear this! Try to wear it for a few days to get used to it. Maybe just hand carry it for now until it breaks in and gets softer. I would suggest wearing it in the crook of your arm but if it already feels heavy that wouldn't work. What do you usually carry?

I would use it long enough for it to break in and also for you to give it a fair chance. One day with a new, stiff purse is very different from carrying the same bag after it has softened up and you have had a chance to adjust to something new. If you still don't like it, then by all means sell it.

I know the straps on my NF MM DE were very stiff for quite awhile, but eventually they softened and are now very comfortable. I would have missed out on a great bag if I had automatically assumed it was not a good fit for me because the straps were so stiff.

On the other hand, if you truly hated it and no matter how much softer the handle becomes you just do.not.like.it. then let it go. :shrugs:

Sorry you did not like the Artsy. :hugs:

Hate is a strong word so I'm thinking even if u give it time, u may not suddenly love it. You might eventually like it but with the amount of money u paid for the bag, not to mention the excitement of shopping and owning a bag.....if it's a bit of an anti-climax for you....you should return it for something else. Take your time at the store, try every bag you're even remotely interested in and then go for it. Sorry you're not liking it and good luck with deciding what you're gonna do

It felt very bulky and like it was weighing me down. I usually wear hobo style bags. I owned a speedy and delightful and sold both. Speedy because I don't like hand held bags and delightful cause it had no zipper.

I just love the look of the artsy and I knew it wouldn't be super comfortable but not this bad.

I felt the same way the very first time I tried the Artsy on in the Boutique and that is why I passed it up. But just recently I finally purchased the Mono MM and I really really like the bag a lot. Yes I did feel it was a bit big as it is one of my biggest bags. But really the inside of the bag is not that big because of the way it is made pleats on the side. The other thing I think that helps is I use a purse organizer in all of my bags so they do not become this bottomless pit and I like to be organized. I initially carried on the crook of my arm or in my hand but as I used and the handle loosened I am able to throw on my shoulder with no problem. I will admit this is not an every day bag for everything. I definitely made sure I had comfortable practical shoulder bags before I went for too many hand bags or sexy bags as the Artsy. This is not a bag I will take on a day of shopping that's for sure. Buy if I am out just doing small errands and such I love the Artsy! It does draw attention that is for sure. Heck before I bought mine it attracted my attention when ever I saw it. The Artsy is definitely not on the practical side of bags but it is fun and sexy looking. I also took it on a trip recently and it was not bad at all. I really think the handle needs to loosen and relax. Maybe give it some time?

But if you do not think you can bare it and it hurt that bad then you should return and look for a comfortable practical bag.

Most people don't think it's very comfortable at first but for some it has broken it and become their favorite bag. I say give her a chance to see how you feel after the handle softens and if it still doesn't work, sell or consign for something that will. I absolutely love the look of the Artsy, it's truly a lovely bag but it didn't work for me either. Best of luck to you either way.