Introduce Yourself!

azniceskater1

Jul 29, 2013
I noticed these threads in the Chanel and Balenciaga forum, so I thought it would be fun to have on in the Jewelry Forum too! Although idk if I'm a bit late to the purseforum party...

Resides: USA

Occupation/ Industry: College (lol)

Favorite brand:
- Clothes: I don't really have a preference...I wear what's comfortable
- Bags: Not into them since I throw everything in a backpack, but eventually I would like a Chanel double flap (once I am working)
- Jewelry: VCA

Hobbies: Figure skating, reading, shopping, watching Youtube videos

Favorite drink: Green tea

Favorite food: Anything my mom cooks :smile:

Favorite TV show: Friends

Odd things about me: I can only eat M&Ms in even numbers

Things that scare me: Any type of insect/bug

Current obsessions: Pixar movies. and everything in VCA

oooohh lets play!

Occupation/ Industry: College :smile:

Favorite brand:
- Clothes: I don't have a preference, I do not invest in expensive clothes if it looks good and it makes me feel good I will wear it. Why spend money on clothes when it just doesn't last ;)

- Bags: CHANEL...I am obsessed and love mine to pieces!

- Jewelry: I love beautiful (very expensive) jewelry diamonds, Cartier, VCA, Graff, Piaget :heart:

Hobbies: Traveling, shopping, reading

Favorite drink: Water

Favorite food: Italian and Japanese

Favorite TV show: Anything on Investigation Discovery :smile:

Odd things about me: There are so many "odd" things about me haha...I am morbidly afraid of birds,
I can figure out a person completely within 5 minutes of speaking with them. I can speak many languages.. English, Serbian, Bosnian, Macedonian, Slovenian, Montenegrin :smile: and last but certainty not least I am OCD when it comes to my luxury items (wish I could change this) ugh! Oh and I am very germaphobic

Things that scare me: Birds, Bugs, rodents, losing someone I love

Current obsessions: Chanel, and diamonds :heart:

I noticed these threads in the Chanel and Balenciaga forum, so I thought it would be fun to have on in the Jewelry Forum too! Although idk if I'm a bit late to the purseforum party...

Occupation/ Industry: College (lol)

Favorite brand:
- Clothes: I don't really have a preference...I wear what's comfortable
- Bags: Not into them since I throw everything in a backpack, but eventually I would like a Chanel double flap (once I am working)
- Jewelry: VCA

Hobbies: Figure skating, reading, shopping, watching Youtube videos

Favorite drink: Green tea

Favorite food: Anything my mom cooks :smile:

Favorite TV show: Friends

Odd things about me: I can only eat M&Ms in even numbers

Things that scare me: Any type of insect/bug

Current obsessions: Pixar movies. and everything in VCA
I'm an ice skater too!

Resides: NoVA

Occupation/ Industry: Government and Figure Skating/Ice Dance Coach

Favorite brand:
- Lands End b/c of their petite selection & Lululemon

- Bags: Louis Vuitton but Longchamps now for everyday - I have a baby so anything I can machine wash! I figure a baby won't ruin my diamonds by spitting up on them, so the nice bags are in storage for now.

- Jewelry: David Yurman, Tiffanys, and vintage pieces. My big investment piece (not counting my e-ring) are my diamond studs, which are due for an upgrade next year. with my level of activity between working out and partnering ice dance, I don't wear my ring to the rink because I get stabbed with it when ice dancing because of the change in positions/holds, even though I wear gloves. Your face is the first thing people see so I am never without my studs.

Last purchases: Tiffany & Co 18k gold somerset knot earrings and a Yurman cerise pink tourmaline ring (my birthstone). Great authentic ebay finds. When my daughter was born last year I got a Tiffanys color by the yards bracelet from the store in her birthstone.

Hobbies: Figure skating, yoga, barre

Best/worst jewelry story: Mine is the same story...I had a botched custom diamond wedding band. I had diamond's from another ring put in a band and when the ring didn't fit or look right, I said I wanted the stones out. I didn't realize they would ruin the ring during this process. So now I have worthless scrap platinum that cost a pretty penny. Anyway, I bought a platinum Tiffany's band from ebay to use for the wedding, at almost less than half off retail. It was like new w/receipt (100% authentic). I took it to my T&Co to get sized, and not only did they give me a NEW ring instead, they also gave me the $35 difference in sales tax.

Resides: Toronto, Canada

Occupation/ Industry: Marketing Director- North American offices for a Tableware company :smile:

Favorite brand:
- Clothes: Pink Tartan

- Bags: Prada totes all err day ;)

- Jewelry: Tiffany for fine jewellery, Cartier, all things dainty and sparkly

Hobbies: Reading, skiing, martial arts, shopping, hanging out with my kitties :smile:

Favorite drink: sparkling water

Favorite food: Japanese, middle eastern, Indian, anything that's not "meat and potatoes!" (take that Irish heritage lol)

Favorite TV show: animal planet, discovery channel, right now I love Botched on E!

Odd things about me: i'm a typical Virgo and perfection is a must, everything must be exactly as I want it or else it drives me nuts! and for some odd reason i'm always the one that's friends and family come to for advice...no idea why? maybe i'm a good listener? lol.
Things that scare me: spiders, dark water (oceans, deep lakes)

Current obsessions: researching healthy recipes, jewellery (always and never goes away), cleaning out my wardrobe and jewellery cabinet of unworn items.

Resides: Australia.

Occupation/industry: bar industry . Looking for another business. Used to be in office admin. Deli Manager.

Favorite brand:
- Clothes: Not into labels.

- Bags: is Guess a label. Not into bags either.

- Jewelry: Tiffany. Cartier beginner.

Hobbies: Jewellery. Cooking. Spending time with kids hubby. Shopping. Walking my whippet.

Favorite drink: coke zero. Toffee apple cocktail

Favorite food: sushi. Thai.

Favorite TV: trashy reality. Celebrity Wifeswap. Australian Big brother. Wentworth. Foxtel not free to air Lifestyle channel.

Current obsessions: reading tpf jewellery forum. Prolly ten times a day if I can. Looking at the Love bracelet pix.

Resides: US

Occupation/industry: private tutor/medical aide- took time off and worked as an office assistant while I studied for a professional test so my career will go back to medical field/hopefully research

Favorite brand:
only shop sales and petite sections. Express is too big so I pop into dept stores and stores like banana republic and H and M. I have been getting into zara and jcrew. Anthropologie clearance is great too.

- Bags: Louis Vuitton and Tory Burch. Next: Chanel

- Jewelry: Cartier, fine Tiffany, VCA and basics from jewelers.

Hobbies: Jewelry and making jewelry, martial arts, micro brewing, wine tastings, reading. Studying has consumed a lot of my time. Traveling,Art and Architecture! Huge on this.

Favorite drink: a good caramel latte/espresso or a glass of wine

Favorite food: italian food and cupcakes!

Favorite TV: too busy for TV

Current obsessions: home decor! jewelry! cosmetics! long cozy sweaters and the fun fashion sweatshirts that say things like "the bags under my eyes are chanel" and the like lol. I love owls and arrow motifs.

Last edited:

Resides: NYC

Occupation/ Industry: Social Media/Watch

Favorite brand: None yet

- Bags: I have a 5 year old messenger bag from Ikea that cost $10. Bags are not a priority to me :P

- Jewelry: Solid 24K gold Chinese Ox pendant with 24K gold rope chain, crystal Kwan Yin pendant blessed by some Buddhist priest.

Last purchases: Eying a new diamond watch. Will post results when I get it.

Hobbies: Reading and writing

Best/worst jewelry story: Best story is I found the ring I want for my wedding. Worst story is I haven't bought it yet :sad:

Resides: North Carolina, USA

Occupation/ Industry: Patent Paralegal

Favorite brand:

- Clothes: I'm petite but can usually find things that fit at Nordstrom, Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, etc.

- Bags: Kate Spade (love the bows and classic, girly vibe)

- Jewelry: Tiffany and Co. (there's not much from Tiffany that I don't like)

Hobbies/interests: Jewelry, Reading, Running, Shopping, friends and family, art, travel (although I don't get to enough!), good eats

Favorite drink: Bloody Mary

Favorite food: Italian

Favorite TV show: Mad Men

Things that scare me: Snakes and pretty much anything else that slithers

Current obsessions: Jewelry - love looking at it, wearing it, window shopping for it, planning for my future purchases

Resides: Texas, but I am a Carolina Girl.

Occupation: SAHM-before that I was in Risk Management in Finance. I am taking a year off to be with my baby and then looking for new opps.

Favorites: Clothing-J.Crew
Bags: No fav currently. I am extremely picky.
Shoes: I adore Ferragamo flats and heels and Valentino. But I still love Birkenstocks when running around with kiddos. Also love Prada, Louboutin classics, and Adidas high tops.

Jewelry: I am really into Cartier right now. I would love to get a JUC. I also like VCA as well.

Hobbies: Reading, Cooking, spending time with family, love love nail Polish. I own a ton and do my own mani and pedis. I feel like I do a better job than shops, like I said- picky.

Favorite Food-Italian

Favorite Drink: Water with Lemon or Chamomile Tea.

Favorite Place-Isle Of Palms, Charleston. It's home, can't get any better than that.

Favorite TV Show: Supernatural

Current Obsessions: So many things. LOL!

Last edited:

Resides: St Albans, UK but born in Cyprus and of mixed European heritage (French/Italian/Greek-Cypriot and English)

Occupation: Exec PA/Office Manager in the banking/insurance sectors but currently between contracts

Favourite brands:

Jewellery: Cartier, Tiffany, Kiki McDonough. I love Kiki jewellery at the moment and her use of colourful gemstones with 18k gold and diamonds - really want a pair of cushion cut praseolite dangles to go on my diamond huggie hoops. Long-term I am saving for another Cartier Love cuff (YG or RG) and an upgrade for my diamond studs.

Bags: A mixture as my sig shows but loving Chanel and Gucci currently and LV SLGs

Clothes: Hobbs, LK Bennett, MaxMara

Shoes: mix of high street for everyday, Jimmy Choo and LK Bennett for best

Hobbies: Reading, writing, cooking and spending time with family and friends. I am also really into interior design at the moment and as we are hoping to move house in the next few months I can't wait to get stuck in to a new design project :biggrin:

Favourite food: Italian or Chinese

Favourite drink: skinny cappuccino or latte with caramel / cocktails!

Favourite TV show: don't watch much tv but both DH and I love movies - too many favourites to list! Love anything sci fi too.

Current obsessions: jewellery, anything Chanel and interior design (especially beautiful bed linen)

Resides: Texas, but I am a Carolina Girl.

Occupation: SAHM-before that I was in Risk Management in Finance. I am taking a year off to be with my baby and then looking for new opps.

Favorites: Clothing-J.Crew
Bags: No fav currently. I am extremely picky.
Shoes: I adore Ferragamo flats and heels and Valentino. But I still love Birkenstocks when running around with kiddos. Also love Prada, Louboutin classics, and Adidas high tops.

Jewelry: I am really into Cartier right now. I would love to get a JUC. I also like VCA as well.

Hobbies: Reading, Cooking, spending time with family, love love nail Polish. I own a ton and do my own mani and pedis. I feel like I do a better job than shops, like I said- picky.

Favorite Food-Italian

Favorite Drink: Water with Lemon or Chamomile Tea.

Favorite Place-Isle Of Palms, Charleston. It's home, can't get any better than that.

Favorite TV Show: Supernatural

Current Obsessions: So many things. LOL!

i'm a nail polish addict too, and same here I never go for manicures because I do a better job! and my nail polish stock is waaay better then the salons :biggrin: salons usually only have china glaze and OPI, my fave brands are lynnderella, chanel, marc Jacobs, Sephora formula X. I have friends that found me through instagram by my manicure pictures lol.

i'm a nail polish addict too, and same here I never go for manicures because I do a better job! and my nail polish stock is waaay better then the salons :biggrin: salons usually only have china glaze and OPI, my fave brands are lynnderella, chanel, marc Jacobs, Sephora formula X. I have friends that found me through instagram by my manicure pictures lol.

Too Cool. That is how I originally found Purse Forum. I was browsing for swatches. Hehe! My favorite brands are Essie, Chanel, Rescue Beauty, and Deborah Lippmann. Yea, I am usually not impressed with the stock at nail salons. I am like: my stash is way better. Hehe! So nice to see someone shares my obsession. A nice polished nail is just beautiful.

Resides: Canada

Occupation/ Industry: University(Environmental Economics)/Job(Fashion Industry)

Favorite brand:
- Clothes: Loro Piana for quality but Gucci and Burberry Prorsum for stylish apparel
- Bags: LV leather and Exotics
- Jewelry: Custom stuff / Cartier for retail

Hobbies: Sailing and collecting fountain pens

Favorite drink: Expresso martini

Favorite food: My cognac flambe scallops

Favorite TV show: Monster (2004 animated drama)

Odd things about me: I have had more bags and shoes than any girl that I have dated (I blame TPF)

Things that scare me: Heights

Current obsessions: Nakaya Maki-e fountain pens

Resides: Belgium (Europe)

Occupation/ Industry: I'm a full-time student. Just finished my degree in Literature & Linguistics, next year I'll start my master's degree in Business Communication.

Favorite brand:
- Clothes: H&M, not really into fashion so I just throw on some stuff most days, lol!
- Bags: I only own one branded bag (a vintage croc Goldpfeil), but I love Proenza & Dior. The Céline Nano luggage is lovely too!
- Jewelry: Tiffany's, Cartier, the usual suspects!

Hobbies: reading (French classics, Stephen King..), sometimes I write poetry :smile:

Favorite drink: Diet coke

Favorite food: French fries, baked potatoes.. Everything with potatoes basically!

Favorite TV show: Keeping up with the Kardashians :blush:

Odd things about me: I'm always way too early at appointments. At least 15min, more often half an hour, I can't help it!

Things that scare me: Spiders and heights.

Current obsessions: Cartier love ring - it's so elegant and simple. Mini bags too, the ones that only fit your phone and a card. Not very practical since I always carry a thousand things in my bag!