Bought Chanel Bags On Ebay and they are fake

Pi6let

Dec 11, 2010
Hi All,

I wanted to get your opinion on something.
I bought 3 bags that was listed on Ebay and paid directly by Paypal as she took off nearly $1000 of the total price for doing so.
I have gotten the bags and think that 2 of them are not authentic?
The seller is from Japan but says that Japan has clearance from Police to sell luxury items so everything is authentic.
So now I want to send the items back but what if she says that i returned fake copies?

Hi All,

I bought 3 bags that was listed on Ebay and paid directly by Paypal as she took off nearly $1000 of the total price for doing so.
The seller is from Japan but says that Japan has clearance from Police to sell luxury items so everything is authentic.
So now I want to send the items back but what if she says that i returned fake copies?

Can you clarify some things first of all?

- Where did you have the bags authenticated once you received them?
- Have you contacted the seller since you've received the bags?

Japan does not allow people to sell counterfeit items.

Your title is misleading. You're not sure they're fake. Is that the only reason why you want to return them? Have them authenticated.

Sorry if the title is misleading, I will get them authenticated today with Authenticate4U..
the reason i think they are fake is that the CC interlocks on the front is the wrong way.
and the stitching does not line up.

Can you clarify some things first of all?

- Where did you have the bags authenticated once you received them?
- Have you contacted the seller since you've received the bags?

Japan does not allow people to sell counterfeit items.

Hi, I will be having them authenticated using Authenticate4u.
I havent contacted the seller yet as I probably should wait for formal authentication .

Yes thats what i thought because i have bought heaps of LV from japan and were all fine.
thanks for your response

Hi All,

Are you saying you found the listings on ebay then went outside (off) ebay to make the purchases?

In looking at your Chanel authentication requests for other Chanel bags, it looks like nearly all the bags were "ended early because the item is no longer available."

If you're making a habit of buying from sellers who are dishonest enough to cheat ebay out of the fees that ebay has rightly earned, why wouldn't you expect that at least some of the sellers are also going to cheat you?

(Note that I have no idea of the bags you're referring to nor whether they're authentic or not.)

Buyers and sellers who take their transactions off ebay to save a buck are looking for trouble and eventually find it.

Are you saying you found the listings on ebay then went outside (off) ebay to make the purchases?

In looking at your Chanel authentication requests for other Chanel bags, it looks like nearly all the bags were "ended early because the item is no longer available."

If you're making a habit of buying from sellers who are dishonest enough to cheat ebay out of the fees that ebay has rightly earned, why wouldn't you expect that at least some of the sellers are also going to cheat you?

(Note that I have no idea of the bags you're referring to nor whether they're authentic or not.)

Buyers and sellers who take their transactions off ebay to save a buck are looking for trouble and eventually find it.

First of all, all the bags i had asked for authentication on the purse forum , I NEVER ENDED UP BUYING OR BIDDING ON.
So i didnt come on this thread to be accused of being dishonest and cheating ebay out of fees etc etc etc.
This is actually my first purchase out of ebay for a chanel bag. and all coming from the fact that I liked three of their bags and asked if i could get a discount, to which the seller replied I could if i paid directly to her paypal

Anyway, if you cant help and just come on here to comment and accuse me of being dishonest and then saying i deserve it for taking it out of ebay , please just dont comment at all. I thought this forum was supposed to help, not accuse.

Anyway , this is the first and last thread ill ever do asking for advice.
thanks for those nice enough to reply.
Ill go straight to Authenticate4U next time and wont be purchasing out of ebay

OP this is a forum meant to share thoughts. Many of us always have concerns
about transactions being taken off ebay.

Your issue is knowing if you bags are authentic. You certainly should
contact authenticate4u & you can also post them on the Chanel authenticate
thread.

First of all, all the bags i had asked for authentication on the purse forum , I NEVER ENDED UP BUYING OR BIDDING ON.
So i didnt come on this thread to be accused of being dishonest and cheating ebay out of fees etc etc etc.
This is actually my first purchase out of ebay for a chanel bag. and all coming from the fact that I liked three of their bags and asked if i could get a discount, to which the seller replied I could if i paid directly to her paypal

Anyway, if you cant help and just come on here to comment and accuse me of being dishonest and then saying i deserve it for taking it out of ebay , please just dont comment at all. I thought this forum was supposed to help, not accuse.
If you reread my post, I didn't accuse YOU of being dishonest. I referred to SELLERS who cheat the system without mention of buyers who take advantage.

And my quote:
If you're making a habit of buying from sellers who are dishonest enough to cheat eBay out of the fees that eBay has rightly earned, why wouldn't you expect that at least some of the sellers are also going to cheat you?

My point is simply that those who are dishonest in one way are apt to be dishonest in others.

Another benefit of keeping transactions on ebay is that you will have an extra layer of protection (from ebay's buyer protection program) that can only help you if a transaction goes south.

I'm sorry that you didn't like my advice but when you post on public forums, you won't always find responses that will tell you everything you're hoping to hear.

I am happy to hear that you'll have the bags authenticated professionally by Authenticate4U but in the future, it's worth the few extra bucks to keep transactions on the up and up.

I am so sorry you are having to deal with fakes. Probably a lot of $ involved and I'm sure the last thing you needed was a reprimand. While I agree that taking transactions off ebay is not right, there are nicer ways of communicating that. I know very little about Chanel but I do understand that even authentic ones can have imperfections. If they do turn out to be inauthentic and and you have the professional certification, you can file a SNAD with Paypal the same way you can with ebay. It is very uncommon for a seller who has sold a fake to accuse a buyer of replacing an authentic bag with a fake. In most cases these sellers just want to stay under the radar so I wouldn't worry about that.

OP, if it turns out the bags are fake according to a4u then make sure you have the full written authentication to file with PayPal. I hope you made your payment as one sum rather than split because split payments are not covered by buyer protection.