Need Advice

Oct 21, 2006
So I win an item on ebay last week from a mprs seller from HK. I was away at school until last night and since my confirmed address is home, I wasn't able to see what I received until last night. The item is a trousse toilette 28. Besides the horrible odor, the canvas is cracked. I took it to LV today to see if they can reline it (bc of the smell), and they can't because of the cracked canvas. This was never mentioned in the auction (along with the smell but I assumed it would smell anyway...). My problem is, is that the seller only has a 72 hour return policy and the bag was received here on Saturday. Is it worth emailing the seller? I don't know what I'd ask for...I'd really like some money refunded since the bag is basically worthless since I refuse to use it with the smell, and I can't seem to get the smell out of it the slightest bit. I don't want to go through the hassle of mailing it back--plus it's past the three days. What should I do? :confused1: I'm real upset because I wanted to use this bag really bad...but I feel like it was completely misrepresented. I paid over $200 for something that can't be fixed. :Push: Here are some pictures: (Excuse the nails, on my way to get a manicure!)

DSC01104.jpg

DSC01103.jpg

The second crack is pretty obvious if you ask me!

I am going to email her--I am just unsure of what to say. So far I have said that I am upset because I cannot get the bag relined because it is cracked in 2 places...which wasn't stated in the auction.

I really don't want to go through the hassle of mailing it back only for her to take out a "restocking fee" anyway--would asking for a partial refund be appropriate?

Do not be passive on this one. This is a bad seller for not mentioning those God-awful cracks in their listing. I have bought many (most) of my bags second-hand and all flaws should be disclosed. This seller, if they did not disclose these cracks in their listing misrepresented their product. You are deserving of a full refund. I would send the pictures you posted here and very nicely request a refund as well as your return shipping costs to be refunded. Going in with that request, will give the seller some wiggle room to say okay I will refund you your entire cost of the bag, less your shipping. You both win. Do not accept this product.

Yikes, I just read your post a minute or two ago. DO NOT ask for a partial refund. You are WELL DESERVING of a 100% refund. YOU ARE A GOOD BUYER. They are a BAD SELLER. You are not to pay the price here.

Yikes, I just read your post a minute or two ago. DO NOT ask for a partial refund. You are WELL DESERVING of a 100% refund. YOU ARE A GOOD BUYER. They are a BAD SELLER. You are not to pay the price here.

I am taking your advice! HOw does this sound? (I had told her ahead of time i was away at school so i was unable to see teh bag)

I am home from college now and saw my bag last night for the first time. I am a little upset because there are two large cracks on the outside of the bag that weren't mentioned in the auction. I am unable to get the bag relined (since it smells) because of these cracks. I have attached two pictures of the cracks. Is there any way this bag can be returned and have my return shipping costs refunded since this item was misrepresented?

If I could I would write your letter. iheartvuitton, please know you are in the right here...especially if the product was not described properly. The seller is obligated to make full disclosure of the item's condition.

If I could I would write your letter. iheartvuitton, please know you are in the right here...especially if the product was not described properly. The seller is obligated to make full disclosure of the item's condition.
Thank you for your support! I'm just hoping she doesn't throw the whole "three day return policy" thing in my face. Does what I wrote sound OK? Would you want to tweak it? There is somewhat of a language barrier so I'm trying to be very straight forward in it. :confused1:

I am taking your advice! HOw does this sound? (I had told her ahead of time i was away at school so i was unable to see teh bag)

I am home from college now and saw my bag last night for the first time. I am a little upset because there are two large cracks on the outside of the bag that weren't mentioned in the auction. I am unable to get the bag relined (since it smells) because of these cracks. I have attached two pictures of the cracks. Is there any way this bag can be returned and have my return shipping costs refunded since this item was misrepresented?

I would not use the word "upset" use "disappointed". Upset is far too emotional. In place of the word "large" use "noticeable".

I would not use the word "upset" use "disappointed". Upset is far too emotional. In place of the word "large" use "noticeable".

I am home from college now and saw my bag last night for the first time. I am a disappointed because there are two noticeable cracks on the outside of the bag that weren't mentioned in the auction. I am unable to get the bag relined (since it smells) because of these cracks. I have attached two pictures of the cracks. Can I return this bag and have my return shipping costs refunded since this item was misrepresented? I do not expect that you will be charging me a restocking fee, given that this product was not described properly in this listing.

Is that OK? Thank you so much!