Advice REALLY Needed!!

Jun 21, 2012
Hi Gals,

I posted back in Feb a thread called "My Collection" - since then, I have replaced the beige shoulder bag with the same style as my every day black bag (so now I have two every day shoulder bags in black and beige). I have also added a necklace and another pair of shoes - but I digress (easy to do in Chanel!). Most of my pieces are moderately priced and I am now ready to take the plunge on one expensive bag and am looking for advice. I've been all over the map but have narrowed it down to a 2.55 reissue in black or a reissue/flap in another neutral color (such as blush, etc). I am wondering if I need another black bag as I already have one, but know that the reissue (or double flap, maybe) has more panache (but also is copied) - then I was thinking of maybe a flap in neutral that I could wear for daytime weddings, showers, etc. I went to a bridal shower recently, it's summer and everyone was carrying a black Chanel flap with summer colors - they looked strange. But would I use that enough to justify the cost of the purchase? I use my two tone clutch/bag or the bronze metallic WOC for evening so I don't think I need another bag for that purpose. Sorry to sound so incoherent, but I really don't know what to choose - can you please help?? As always, thanks!!!:biggrin:

Do you intend on continuing to build on your collection or are you going to go on ban island as many others have done? I noticed all your bags are in wearable, neutral colors. It sounds like you don't have something for your lighter, summery wardrobe, maybe it's time to get a lighter neutral color? But if you're headin' out to that island, then black.

Do you intend on continuing to build on your collection or are you going to go on ban island as many others have done? I noticed all your bags are in wearable, neutral colors. It sounds like you don't have something for your lighter, summery wardrobe, maybe it's time to get a lighter neutral color? But if you're headin' out to that island, then black.

I probably will only add one or two more - I was leaning toward a light neutral as mentioned, because I have been to some recent daytime affairs where the gals have all carried black flaps with summery outfits and it really doesn't look that great to me, even if they are carrying a Chanel. But then I thought, if I only add one, should it be the classic black? But then, would I unload the everyday black shoulder bag in caviar (I'm thinking not at this point)? Some of the softer blush-y colors in patent look lovely - but can they be used all year? Thanks!

it looks from your collection that a black reissue is needed in my opinion… However, you could also use some color, but I wouldn't do that for your big splurge purchase…

Get a grey reissue; goes all seasons and isn't black. As you yourself have noticed, black doesn't go with everything, and there are also many shades of black, so black doesn't even always go with even black. Grey will go with all.

You have enough neutral colors already so I do think you need some more colors to your collection

I like tutu's recommendation. You can also consider blue or red. They are all season colors.

It sounds like your heart is set on something Summery for the moment- perhaps you could find that in a seasonal that's not so expensive? And then save for a classic black, either classic flap or reissue. If you can't afford both, then I guess I would go for the classic black as the other ladies have said. But it doesn't sound like you need that one right now