Should I be worried about this on my neverfull mm ?

Jordyaddict

Feb 3, 2014
Hi All I brought my neverfull mm on March 19th 2014, so it's only about 4 months old. I've only used this on summer days in the UK ( so not much)

I've just noticed this in my neverfull, should I be worried. I can't work out what it is

I have a couple of ideas: it can be hand sanitizer or a scratch. Have you tried a cloth with just a couple of water drops? I have seen people here using several things to clean their bags, from baby wipes to specific leather products.

It looks like peeling, very common on this bag especially when you are bending or cinching the coated leather trim. It just splits and cracks and peels. It happened on my brand new de neverfull and they exchanged it. I haven't worn the new one not even once because I am so scared of it happening again. such a shame :sad:

This happened to my DE Neverfull as well. After 1 month! I took it back to the store, and after my insisting that it is NOT "normal wear and tear," they sent it in to be repaired. They replaced the trim. The new trim is a bit different, more matte, but seems a bit tougher/more flexible. I have been using it ever since and no problems at all. I would definitely take it in to the store and give them a hard time about it if they're trying to be stingy about it.

I have two super tiny spots like this on my bag. One I know is from the strap rubbing the trim, the other...no idea. It doesn't bother me at the moment. I will have the trim replaced at some point.

They should replace the trim for free. It's peeling. Do you cinch it? I have never cinched mine.. It has not peeled and it's 3 years old. But you should be able to cinch it without fear of peeling. I wonder if they are using cheaper coating for the leather. I never used to hear about the trim peeling and now I hear about it all the time.

I have had the same problem with mine and it is a little over a year old. I agree that it's not normal wear and year but unfortunately I believe it will happen with any of the linings if cinched. It's unfortunate that the quality of their products is waning :sad:

No I don't cinch it in! :nogood:I also keep the handles up straight to try and stop the cracking. I guess I need to take it in. I want to take it away in august so I might have to wait to take it in, if they send it off I'll have to wait for it :pout: . This is the second thing I've had to return due to a faulty

No I don't cinch it in! :nogood:I also keep the handles up straight to try and stop the cracking. I guess I need to take it in. I want to take it away in august so I might have to wait to take it in, if they send it off I'll have to wait for it :pout: . This is the second thing I've had to return due to a faulty

Hmm so it's peeling even without cinching!? Their quality is horrendous these days. I also kept my handles straight up for a loooong time.. It helped keep the handles looking newer longer, but they will soften over time and it gets harder to keep them looking up like that..